We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Blue Line Healing

Could someone please explain how healing through Gambles (not Bob and Weave) works for the
    blue line burg? I suspect I am not making full use of this helpful option.

Is there a usable sequence of skills which triggers gambles healing?

Lastly, does anyone know of a recent guide relevant to the new changes to the class?

Thanks in advance.

Burg blueline heals

Ok so, there is a skill which applies the green gamble. (I am answering through the phone and am not near a computer rn so i cant say the exact name of the skill, sorry.) that gamble does 2 things(iirc): heal you for1/2/3/4/5/6% of the damage you deal, and increase the damage of cash out. Im sorry this isnt more detailed, but i cant check on my burg rn. A sequence i use is the stealth skill before the battle, then surprise strike, all in, <skill which applies green gamble> then whatever damaging attacks are not on cd.
    About a guide, i dont know any :P

Quote Originally Posted by noams1187 View Post
    Ok so, there is a skill which applies the green gamble. (I am answering through the phone and am not near a computer rn so i cant say the exact name of the skill, sorry.) that gamble does 2 things(iirc): heal you for1/2/3/4/5/6% of the damage you deal, and increase the damage of cash out. Im sorry this isnt more detailed, but i cant check on my burg rn. A sequence i use is the stealth skill before the battle, then surprise strike, all in, <skill which applies green gamble> then whatever damaging attacks are not on cd.
    About a guide, i dont know any :P
    Am I correct you are referring to "Hedge Your Bet"? That skills tool tip says it applies a green gamble. What I don't understand is how that works.

The suggestion is that a green gamble heals the burg for between 1-6% of the damage dealt. Is the 1 to 6% chosen randomly? For how long?
    Also, the tool tip says in reference to the skill "restoring the morale of any attackers" - which makes little sense. Is that a misprint?

Thanks again.

Sometimes the answer is to make a separate tab for events log and test away. I do spend some time reading mine after something happens that I want to understand better.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Sendfree View Post
    Am I correct you are referring to "Hedge Your Bet"? That skills tool tip says it applies a green gamble. What I don't understand is how that works.

The suggestion is that a green gamble heals the burg for between 1-6% of the damage dealt. Is the 1 to 6% chosen randomly? For how long?
    Also, the tool tip says in reference to the skill "restoring the morale of any attackers" - which makes little sense. Is that a misprint?

Thanks again.
    Hedge Your Bet does apply the green/healing gamble. It works similarly to Revealing Mark on a Cappy nowadays in that it is a percentage morale return on a target.

The way the skill works is that Hedge Your Bet (along with the other Gamble skills) applies its gamble for 30s at a random tier, 1 through 6. For the green gamble, tier 1 is a 1% heal return, tier 2 is 2%, etc., up to tier 6 which is 6%.

To give an example with simplified numbers, let's say you hit an enemy for 100 damage. If the enemy had a tier 6 green gamble, this would return 6% of 100, returning a 6 morale heal.
    Likewise, if you do 100 damage to an enemy with a tier 3 green gamble, it would return 3% of 100, healing you for 3 morale.

The only healing point I'm not entirely sure on is how the healing is applied when you remove the green gamble with Cash Out. I haven't tested that yet, so I'm not sure if its a fixed value, percentage based, or if it varies depending on the tier of the gamble being removed. Someone else would probably be more knowledgeable about this particular point.

I'm not sure if there is a guide that is relevant after the recent rework, but if you have any specific questions regarding blueline, I'm happy to take a shot at answering them for you.