We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    You can, but they cost a bomb; something silly like 2.5k marks and 300 meds each for Anfalas SoEs.
    Ouch.

Well, I'll just keep on grinding South Gate, then. Takes between 15 and 20 minutes per character.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Ouch.

Well, I'll just keep on grinding South Gate, then. Takes between 15 and 20 minutes per character.
    Running the epic battles e.g. Pelargir, Helm’s Dike etc. seems to give loads of marks and meds if done with a full group. Over a thousand marks a time. And at the same time you earn Stars of Merit which you can barter for Star-lit crystals from the standard honours vendor in Dol Amroth, so two birds with one stone.

Also, doing all the quests in Western Gondor for Dol Amroth reputation gets you enough tokens to buy about 15-20 SoEs with if you get to kindred rep with them, so the currency is worth something...
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    There's a tech limitation on this, we can't up the space anymore or else you will just get stuck at the loading screen.
    I can accept that. Too many bags weighs us down. Has anyone tried to carry that one extra bag of cement mix up that rickety set of stairs? Crash. In this analogy, the extra bag of cement mix = the extra bag people want; the rickety set of stairs = LOTRO's log in. Crash.

But what about changing the stacking rules for vendor dross? My character can carry 500 steel ingots in one slot, but needs ten slots to carry 500 Feathers. I'm a hoarder. Among many other items, I hoard Task Items. I have a cadre of alts whose very existence is tied solely to holding Task Items. I would need far fewer bank alts if Task Items stacked higher than 50.

If you are only doing the South Gate, you should consider doing some of the others (assuming you're high enough levels for the mobs to be grey).

Once you get to Kindred with Defenders of Minas Tirith there are three separate MT dailies (plus 4 side quests), before that only two. Once you unlock the third, MT is good for 6-8 scrolls per day because you can barter the tokens Builder>Burgsman>Smiths. There's a slight loss, but nothing to do about that. Takes about an hour to do all three.

There are six quests in the Osgiliath culverts (requires Friend with Rangers of Ithilien) that are good for two scrolls a day which takes about 20 minutes. There are two daily quests right outside Osgiliath where you can add six coins per day (scrolls are 15) if you can kill the giant elephants. Two coins for destroying some catapults and such, four for killing four elephants.

There's a daily quest (Training Exercise) in Dol Armoth (requires Friend I believe), where you can get enough tokens for one scroll a day in about 10-15 minutes.

Those are the ones I've found to be fastest and easiest.

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Ouch.

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzin View Post
    If you are only doing the South Gate, you should consider doing some of the others (assuming you're high enough levels for the mobs to be grey).

Once you get to Kindred with Defenders of Minas Tirith there are three separate MT dailies (plus 4 side quests), before that only two. Once you unlock the third, MT is good for 6-8 scrolls per day because you can barter the tokens Builder>Burgsman>Smiths. There's a slight loss, but nothing to do about that. Takes about an hour to do all three.

There are six quests in the Osgiliath culverts (requires Friend with Rangers of Ithilien) that are good for two scrolls a day which takes about 20 minutes. There are two daily quests right outside Osgiliath where you can add six coins per day (scrolls are 15) if you can kill the giant elephants. Two coins for destroying some catapults and such, four for killing four elephants.

There's a daily quest (Training Exercise) in Dol Armoth (requires Friend I believe), where you can get enough tokens for one scroll a day in about 10-15 minutes.

Those are the ones I've found to be fastest and easiest.

Thing is South Gate is soo much easier and faster to do.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    There's a tech limitation on this, we can't up the space anymore or else you will just get stuck at the loading screen.
    Does this apply to vault and wardrobe space as well? Wardrobe space is what I'd like to see bumped up, significantly, or just redesign the system so there is no storage limit for cosmetic items, they already exist and you just unlock them (like another game I won't mention) There are some of us that collect all the festival outfits and many other things, and don't like to throw anything away (like John Bender). I have a mule whose vault and bags are almost completely full of extra cosmetic items that won't fit into the wardrobe.
    Goreamir - 115 Captain | Celebourne - 95 Champion | Jinwe - 91 Hunter | Humblefoot - 77 Minstrel | Dorfus - 77 Guardian | Creonath - 58 Warden | Whippit - 40 Burglar | Stormcraban - 38 Loremaster | Thangadir - 37 Runekeeper | Jonly - 32 Beornng | Zongrul - 41 Bank

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrawn View Post
    Does this apply to vault and wardrobe space as well? Wardrobe space is what I'd like to see bumped up, significantly, or just redesign the system so there is no storage limit for cosmetic items, they already exist and you just unlock them (like another game I won't mention) There are some of us that collect all the festival outfits and many other things, and don't like to throw anything away (like John Bender). I have a mule whose vault and bags are almost completely full of extra cosmetic items that won't fit into the wardrobe.
    Probably so, because of 1. database data and its logs, stored procedures and their logs, check restraints and their logs, et al, count toward server storage quotas and 2. All that data has to be transferred at a max of 1 Mbps, so 3. the loading can't time out, resulting in 4. a DDoS of a sort. That they can and do find ways to overcome these limits and give us more storage, is a plus.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    It's been a very long time since inventory space cap was moved up. Now, in a time of the game where most things are character bound and everything else is account bound, we need this more than ever, so please do it. Raise the limit from 135 slots to 150.
    Higher stack numbers results in more bag space. More bag space means you will not be so quick to buy extra from the store. Money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerate View Post
    Higher stack numbers results in more bag space. More bag space means you will not be so quick to buy extra from the store. Money.
    It's store bag space that I'm pushing for in here. Higher stack numbers would be awesome, but I figure we have more chance at a higher bag limit that we buy, than higher stack sizes that we don't buy. I can't be any quicker to buy more bag space, I'm at the limit and have been for a very long time.

Regardless, the answer has been given. No more bag space for us. Would be nice then if they could release some of the account bound status of older items once they move off end game relevance.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    It's store bag space that I'm pushing for in here. Higher stack numbers would be awesome, but I figure we have more chance at a higher bag limit that we buy, than higher stack sizes that we don't buy. I can't be any quicker to buy more bag space, I'm at the limit and have been for a very long time.

Regardless, the answer has been given. No more bag space for us. Would be nice then if they could release some of the account bound status of older items once they move off end game relevance.
    As I understand it no more bag space, as in more slots, it's a problem, but higher stack numbers not? I would be greatly helped with that, currently there seems to be a general limitation of 50 for items that you can deliver to a Task Bulletin Board. Getting that to 999 would be awesome!
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    As I understand it no more bag space, as in more slots, it's a problem, but higher stack numbers not? I would be greatly helped with that, currently there seems to be a general limitation of 50 for items that you can deliver to a Task Bulletin Board. Getting that to 999 would be awesome!
    I don't think higher stack size would help that much, at least with data transfer at loading. It would help some with the current slot limit.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3