We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Store window not working

    Hello, I got the Wine client and game installed and it's working great so far, except for the store. Instead of taking me to an external browser, I now get the pop-up window, but it is blank. I filed a bug report but SSG referred me here, saying they no longer support Mac. I would happily go to an external browser to use the store, but I don't know where to go. Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cici132 View Post
    Hello, I got the Wine client and game installed and it's working great so far, except for the store. Instead of taking me to an external browser, I now get the pop-up window, but it is blank. I filed a bug report but SSG referred me here, saying they no longer support Mac. I would happily go to an external browser to use the store, but I don't know where to go. Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions? Thanks!
    Welcome to the Lotro Mac community!

    I haven't had a problem with a black screen on the Store pop up (I use Safari), but there is a setting in the game Options that allows you to designate "Open Store in external browser". I can't get in the game to check where on the Options that is, but it should be under UI settings. Near the bottom maybe? Hope that helps!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by BentoIce View Post
    Welcome to the Lotro Mac community!

    I haven't had a problem with a black screen on the Store pop up (I use Safari), but there is a setting in the game Options that allows you to designate "Open Store in external browser". I can't get in the game to check where on the Options that is, but it should be under UI settings. Near the bottom maybe? Hope that helps!
    I am having the same in-game blank pop-up screen problem. I did the above suggested action - now I get the pop up open external to the game, but still blank....and the pop up is under wine. Not firefox or Safari.

  4. #4
    Same as MrDoT, he beat me to saying it. I was using Safari, changed back to Firefox, same exact thing.

  5. #5
    Weird. I hadn't tried the "External Store" option, but it oddly does open as a pop-up under Wine. With the native client it actually opened the browser window (you probably already knew that).

    I'm still not seeing the blank/black screen that you guys are, but I've seen it in the past (years ago). You can't get to the Store (as opposed to Lotro Market) any other way than through the game, since it uses your login and character to determine what to display.

    Sorry you're still having issues, I haven't any more guesses - other than to reinstall if you haven't already.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    96
    Hi all,

    The external Store option is in the Options ? UI Settings panel.

    Using that options just spawn another wine process with (I think) a very limited browser, so is not going to use any browser on your Mac (funny fact, when you have this window open you can press CMD-Space to activate the Wine Menu, but then there isn't much you can do there).

    The "internal" store is a normal LoTRO window with the same content as usual.

    The only thing I can think of is either

    • Some sort of firewall or antivirus installed on your machine preventing access to the web
    • Or macOS Security and Privacy panel. Both lotroclient and wine-preloader need to have accessibility permission enabled

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by amosconi View Post
    Hi all,

    The external Store option is in the Options ? UI Settings panel.

    Using that options just spawn another wine process with (I think) a very limited browser, so is not going to use any browser on your Mac (funny fact, when you have this window open you can press CMD-Space to activate the Wine Menu, but then there isn't much you can do there).

    The "internal" store is a normal LoTRO window with the same content as usual.

    The only thing I can think of is either

    • Some sort of firewall or antivirus installed on your machine preventing access to the web
    • Or macOS Security and Privacy panel. Both lotroclient and wine-preloader need to have accessibility permission enabled
    I have tried the suggestions but still no luck.

    The firewall is already disabled on my mac. And yes I have granted accessibility permissions to both lotroclient and wine-preloader. Yet the store opens blank for me, either internal or external.

    No one else having this issue (except me and Cici)?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDoT View Post
    I have tried the suggestions but still no luck.

    The firewall is already disabled on my mac. And yes I have granted accessibility permissions to both lotroclient and wine-preloader. Yet the store opens blank for me, either internal or external.

    No one else having this issue (except me and Cici)?
    So far in my researches the only others that had this issue where from 2012, when Wine was the only solution for LoTRO outside Windows. The thread unfortunately does not provide with a solution (https://appdb.winehq.org/commentview...ThreadId=80923)

  9. #9

    Singing the "No Lotro Store Access" Blues

    Quote Originally Posted by MrDoT View Post
    I have tried the suggestions but still no luck.

    The firewall is already disabled on my mac. And yes I have granted accessibility permissions to both lotroclient and wine-preloader. Yet the store opens blank for me, either internal or external.

    No one else having this issue (except me and Cici)?

    YES, I'm having that problem and pulling my hair out. I'm sure that lots of others also are, but are too frustrated to take the time to type. I too have done everything that is listed in this forum -- to no avail. Blank store window, internal and external. If we can't reach the store, we can't buy anything. Doesn't Standing Stone want to take the effort to figure out how we can spend our money in their store? I have a list of unpurchased items.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfuma View Post
    YES, I'm having that problem and pulling my hair out. I'm sure that lots of others also are, but are too frustrated to take the time to type. I too have done everything that is listed in this forum -- to no avail. Blank store window, internal and external. If we can't reach the store, we can't buy anything. Doesn't Standing Stone want to take the effort to figure out how we can spend our money in their store? I have a list of unpurchased items.
    I agree. I have lotro points already in store, just I cannot access it to buy anything - mostly Mithril coins for faster travel at points.

    On other hand, it feels better to know that I am not having this "one-off" problem and its working fine for the rest. I have raised ticket too on this issue...so I am sure they are aware on it.

  11. #11
    Hi,

    I am the same, since the new instillation, no store, just the black screen, have given permissions, have tried the Store options, wasted hours really, nothing seems to work.

    Do I need this to renew vip, buy TP etc...?

  12. #12

    Unhappy no store / blank window

    Having same issue except with windows7, have a blank screen for store after reinstall.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlackthorn View Post
    Having same issue except with windows7, have a blank screen for store after reinstall.
    So this is not just a Mac/Wine problem, it's a Windows problem as well? Is there a board similar to this one for Windows, and is there any discussion of this problem?

  14. #14
    Hi,
    recurring player here. I installed the game yesterday through wine and can't access the ingame shop - the blank window which is mentioned above appears.
    Too bad, I hope they fix it soon, my intention was to play the game again and spend money on it.

  15. #15
    Hello,

    Unfortunately this one still seems to be an issue. For a few days now I've also gotten a blank store page when i try launching - or, I just get an outline of the window. I've tried external store, and giving permissions to the game and launcher. I also cannot open the help page in-game, and the link in the forums for help also isn't working. No one else in my kin seems to be affected, and it wasn't an issue when I first installed the wine launcher either. I hope it didn't get messed up in one of the patches and they just haven't caught it yet.

  16. #16
    I reinstalled the whole game and wine client, hoping to get the store, but no luck. My blank window has progressed from solid black, white or clear to blue, but that's all I get. i would like to be taking advantage of this week's point sale, and there are certainly things I need in the store, it's very discouraging.

  17. #17

    Angry Support could not help.

    I tried messaging Support, as I could not even open a ticket in-game to submit. I was told that Support wasn't given the proper resources to help out with Mac issues and that I should check the forum here. I informed them that I had already gone here, tried the external window, checked permissions, everything. Very frustrating, as I'd like to get stuff from the store. I was going to get some more LOTRO points, but with my store not opening I didn't even see the point of it. Really hoping that they can fix this soon.

  18. #18
    I was initially getting the blank/black store window in the game as well, but I resized the store window, and moved it, and it then worked. Not sure if this will help others.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload