We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

64 client changing to desktop and back to game sometimes

I have been experiencing this the last few days. When first launching the game it will flash black screen and jump to desktop and or from there back to the launcher. Sometimes it stays at desktop. During a middle of a fight yesterday it crashed completely out of the game and I had to log back into the game. Now this has only started since the update and my using the 64 client. At this point I am ready to go back to the 32 client until this issue is resolved.
    I dance for cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMcDermott View Post
    I have been experiencing this the last few days. When first launching the game it will flash black screen and jump to desktop and or from there back to the launcher. Sometimes it stays at desktop. During a middle of a fight yesterday it crashed completely out of the game and I had to log back into the game. Now this has only started since the update and my using the 64 client. At this point I am ready to go back to the 32 client until this issue is resolved.
    Laptop or PC ?? I have found some issues with the trackpad and the 64bit client.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Laptop or PC ?? I have found some issues with the trackpad and the 64bit client.
    PC that before using the 64 client and the 24 update had no problems with crashing.
    I dance for cookies!

also having combat crashes

I've had it crashing too since switching to 64 bit. I have a gaming desktop and run dx11 and the game runs pretty well other than this. Every time so far it has been in the middle of combat, lotro will just suddenly be minimized and then disappear when I go to open the window again. Still better than locking up my computer I guess. I wouldn't mind too much, but half the time it crashes I also get one of the known errors that prevents me from logging back in to the character screen (cleaning up old connection, etc) that is not fixed by trying a different server. I have to wait a few hours or sometimes even until the next day after reset. This error happened to me too with the old client after crashing, so I can't complain about that, it's just the number of crashes and the causes are different this time. I like running the timed ale association quests during festivals for tokens, so I hope this won't impact them much when the summer festival rolls around in 2 weeks.

Sounds like what I experienced the first couple times I tried playing in 64 bit with DX11 -- game ran well, then mid combat it minimized and then disappeared from the bar. Essentially it was a crash to desktop.

I looked around for some answers and paid attention to world chat when people were talking about their game crash issues with the 64 bit, but I found the simplest answer worked: I dropped DX11 and went back to using DX10 (which is what I was using with 32bit until the patch). Have not had a crash since.

Quote Originally Posted by amabala View Post
    Sounds like what I experienced the first couple times I tried playing in 64 bit with DX11 -- game ran well, then mid combat it minimized and then disappeared from the bar. Essentially it was a crash to desktop.

I looked around for some answers and paid attention to world chat when people were talking about their game crash issues with the 64 bit, but I found the simplest answer worked: I dropped DX11 and went back to using DX10 (which is what I was using with 32bit until the patch). Have not had a crash since.
    I havent had any crashes yet using dx11 and everything on max. A couple of hiatus moments in combat, which I think are because I was killing so much, so fast, the server couldnt keep up (clearing some old L50 deeds with L75 alt, so hot knife through butter scenario).

Quote Originally Posted by amabala View Post

I'll give it a try. Not sure why we have to step down the direct x but if it works I am for it. Maybe this will get fixed next patch.
    I dance for cookies!

So I had stepped down to dx10 and am still crashing randomly. This time it was in ered mithrin with the cave quest where you have to destroy the scaffolding. It crashed to desktop after interacting with the scaffolding. I am currently waiting for the cleaning up old connection message to go away upon logging back in.

Edit: Got back in, managed to log in and survive the signature mobs where I crashed, then immediately crashed again during combat. Looks like that character will be staying in the cave for quite some time.

Edit 2: 3rd time I think I am gonna change back to the 32 bit client until I'm done with the cave
    Last edited by MuteSwan; Jun 12 2019 at 08:42 PM.

I tried stepping down to dx 10 and the 64 client and still crash randomly. Went back to 32 client and dx 11 and seems rock steady. I hope they continue to work on the new client and make it more stable
    I dance for cookies!