We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Befriending Critters Navigation Guide

Navigation aid for Radagast's repeatables in Rhosgobel.
    Assumes access to swift travel and discovery of all involved stables.

Use of Travel Maps and milestones can allow you to skip some stables!
    Hunters and Wardens may have additional skips available.
    Use those 20% mount speed boosts which the Hobbit Presents give you, because they speed up the stable horses as well.

EDIT: added milestone suggestions, streamlined Lake Town/Tham Taerdol leg of route

______________________________ ______________________________ ______________________________ ______________________________ ____

Befriending Critters: A Cluck in Time [Chickens]
    Chetwood chicken South Bree>West Bree>Quick Horse to Bree Festival
    Gloomglens pullet South Bree>Lhanuch>Maur Tulhau
    Kingsfell chicken South Bree>West Bree>Esteldin
    Lossarnach hen South Bree>Dol Amroth>Arnach
    Rushgore bantam South Bree>Stangard>Rushgore

Possible Route for all 5: South Bree>West Bree>Quick Horse to Bree Festival>CHETWOOD CHICKEN>Quick Horse to Bree>Esteldin>KINGSFELL CHICKEN>Esteldin>
    Rivendell>Lhanuch>Maur Tulhau>GLOOMGLENS PULLET>Maur Tulhau>Lhanuch>South Bree>Dol Amroth>Arnach>LOSSARNACH HEN>Arnach>
    Dol Amroth>South Bree>Stangard>Rushgore>RUSHGOR E BANTAM

______________________________ ______________________________ ______________________________ ______________________________ ____

Befriending Critters: Badger of Courage [Badgers]
    Oatbarton badger South Bree>West Bree>Tinnudir>Oatbarton
    Gloomglens badger South Bree>Lhanuch>Echad Daervunn
    Lasgalen badger South Bree>Dale>Tham Taerdol
    Thinglad badger South Bree>Stangard>Thinglad
    Green Hill badger South Bree>Michel Delving>Hobbiton

Possible Route for all 5: South Bree>Michel Delving>Hobbiton>GREEN HILL BADGER>Hobbiton>Brockenborings >Oatbarton>OATBARTON BADGER>Tinnudir>
    West Bree>South Bree>Stangard>Thinglad>THINGLA D BADGER>Stangard>South Bree>Dale>Tham Taerdol>LASGALEN BADGER>Dale>South Bree>Lhanuch>
    Echad Daervunn>GLOOMGLENS BADGER

Befriending Critters: Bird in the Hand [Birds]
    Haerloeg swan South Bree>Ost Guruth
    Mournshaws raven South Bree>Galtrev>Lhanuch
    Limlight dipper South Bree>Stangard>Limlight Gorge
    Gravenwood warbler South Bree>Galtrev>Rohirrim Scout Camp
    Bruinen thrush South Bree>Rivendell>Echad Candelleth

Possible Route for all 5: South Bree>Ost Guruth>HAERLOEG SWAN>Ost Guruth>Rivendell>Echad Candelleth>BRUINEN THRUSH>Echad Candelleth>
    Rivendell>Lhanuch>MOURNSHAWS RAVEN>Lhanuch>South Bree>Stangard>Limlight Gorge>LIMLIGHT DIPPER>Limlight Gorge>Stangard>South Bree>
    Galtrev>Rohirrim Scout Camp>GRAVENWOOD WARBLER

Befriending Critters: Casting Shells [Turtles]
    Rauros snapper South Bree>Snowbourn>Parth Galen
    Long Lake loggerhead South Bree>Lake Town
    Entwash slowpoke South Bree>Aldburg>Ost Rimmon
    Noman tortoise South Bree>Osgiliath>Camp of the Host
    Dunbog cooter South Bree>Galtrev>Lhan Ros

Possible Route for all 5: South Bree>Galtrev>Lhan Ros>DUNBOG COOTER>Lhan Ros>Galtrev>Dale>Lake Town>LONG LAKE LOGGERHEAD>Lake Town>
    South Bree>Osgiliath>Camp of the Host>NOMAN TORTOISE>Camp of the Host>Osgiliath>Aldburg>Ost Rimmon>ENTWASH SLOWPOKE>Ost Rimmon>
    Aldburg>South Bree>Snowbourn>Parth Galen>RAUROS SNAPPER

Befriending Critters: Get One's Goat [Goats]
    Bindbole kid South Bree>Michel Delving>Hobbiton
    Brandy Hills billy South Bree>West Bree>Adso's Camp
    High Moor goat South Bree>Rivendell>Quick Horse to High Moors
    Hollin Ridge goat South Bree>Rivendell>Echad Eregion
    Lune River goat South Bree>Celondim>Duillond>Thrasi' s Lodge

Possible Route for all 5: South Bree>Michel Delving>Hobbiton>BINDBOLE KID>Hobbiton>Michel Delving>West Bree>Rivendell>Quick Horse to High Moors>
    HIGH MOOR GOAT>Rivendell>Echad Eregion>HOLLIN RIDGE GOAT>Echad Eregion>Rivendell>South Bree>West Bree>Adso's Camp>
    BRANDY HILLS BILLY>Adso's Camp>West Bree>Celondim>Duillond>Thrasi' s Lodge>LUNE RIVER GOAT

Befriending Critters: Hop to It [Rabbit]
    Redhorn rabbit South Bree>Rivendell>Echad Dunann>
    Calembel cottontail South Bree>Dol Amroth>Calembel
    Coomb coney South Bree>Lhanuch>Harndirion
    Broadacres bunny South Bree>Aldburg>Stoke
    Heathfells hare South Bree>Galtrev>Forthbrond

Possible Route for all 5: South Bree>Rivendell>Echad Dunann>REDHORN RABBIT>Echad Dunann>Rivendell>South Bree>Dol Amroth>
    Calembel>CALEMBEL COTTONTAIL>Calembel>Dol Amroth>Aldburg>Stoke>BROADACRE S BUNNY>Stoke>Aldburg>South Bree>Galtrev>Forthbrond>
    HEATHFELLS HARE>Forthbrond>Galtrev>Lhanuc h>Harndirion>COOMB CONEY

Possible route for all 30 critters in the 6 Befriending Critters quests:
    (Recommended 'hub' milestones or Travel Maps for skipping stables: Rivendell, South Bree, Aldburg)

South Bree>West Bree>Tinnudir>Oatbarton>OATBAR TON BADGER>Oatbarton>Brockenboring s>BINDBOLE KID>Hobbiton slow ride to Stock,
    get off at GREEN HILL BADGER>Stock>Buckland>BRANDY HILLS BILLY>Adso's Camp>West Bree>Quick Horse to Bree Festival>CHETWOOD CHICKEN>
    Quick Horse to Bree>Esteldin>KINGSFELL CHICKEN>Esteldin>Rivendell>Ost Guruth>HAERLOEG SWAN>Ost Guruth>Rivendell>Quick Horse to High Moors>
    HIGH MOOR GOAT>Rivendell>Echad Candelleth>BRUINEN THRUSH>Echad Candelleth>Rivendell>Echad Dunann>REDHORN RABBIT>
    HOLLIN RIDGE GOAT>Echad Eregion>Rivendell>South Bree>Lake Town>LONG LAKE LOGGERHEAD>Lake Town>Tham Taerdol>LASGALEN BADGER>Tham Taerdol>
    Lake Town>South Bree>Stangard>Limlight Gorge>LIMLIGHT DIPPER>Limlight Gorge>Thinglad>THINGLAD BADGER>Rushgore>RUSHGORE BANTAM>Rushgore>
    Stangard>Snowbourn>Parth Galen>RAUROS SNAPPER>Parth Galen>Snowbourn>South Bree>Dol Amroth>Calembel>CALEMBEL COTTONTAIL>Calembel>
    Dol Amroth>Aldburg>Stoke>BROADACRE S BUNNY>Stoke>Aldburg>Ost Rimmon>ENTWASH SLOWPOKE>Ost Rimmon>Aldburg>Osgiliath>Camp of the Host>NOMAN TORTOISE>
    Camp of the Host>Minas Tirith>Quick Horse to Minas Tirith Before the Battle>Arnach>LOSSARNACH HEN>Arnach>Dol Amroth>South Bree>Lhanuch>MOURNSHAWS RAVEN>Echad Daervunn>
    Maur Tulhau>GLOOMGLENS PULLET>GLOOMGLENS BADGER>Echad Daervunn>Harndirion>COOMB CONEY>Harndirion>Lhanuch>Galtr ev>Lhan Ros>
    DUNBOG COOTER>Lhan Ros>Barnavon>Rohirrim Scout Camp>GRAVENWOOD WARBLER>Rohirrim Scout Camp>Forthbrond>HEATHFELLS HARE>Forthbrond>
    Galtrev>South Bree>Celondim>Duillond>Thrasi' s Lodge>LUNE RIVER GOAT

BONUS: Good fishing spot for Rhosgobel dailies Cleansing the Anduin+Tributaries: 2.2N, 57.2W
    Last edited by MorphenAvari; Jun 26 2019 at 06:24 AM.
    Morphen- Hunter
    Morpheth- Rank 6 Spider
    Kinship- "Tolkien's Legacy" on Vilya

Anyone know where to find the Gloomglens badger? It doesn't appear on my map, and there's no quest guide arrow. Tried using tracking tomes, to no avail.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Anyone else having issues with these quest not tracking properly in quest log. I did one successfully, then the second just stopped tracking. After much frustration i dropped the quest, big mistake, it goes on a daily cooldown. So I took a third, it was tracking then I ported and it mysteriously broke??

@Thurallor

Some of the creatures are hiding in 'Suspicious Stump', which you'll need to dismount and use, then whack the critter a bit to get it to go green, then feed it a treat to calm it down. The stump can be found using the Delete key for selecting next item, if it's eluding you.

Others wander around in a little area and you have to chase them down.
    Morphen- Hunter
    Morpheth- Rank 6 Spider

Quote Originally Posted by StickyGreenBudz View Post
    Anyone else having issues with these quest not tracking properly in quest log. I did one successfully, then the second just stopped tracking. After much frustration i dropped the quest, big mistake, it goes on a daily cooldown. So I took a third, it was tracking then I ported and it mysteriously broke??
    I have the same problem. Just going to wait until after the next patch to try again.

It seems the track doesn't show on the map if you dont have Radagast's treats in your inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealana View Post
    It seems the track doesn't show on the map if you dont have Radagast's treats in your inventory.
    I had them in my inventory and still no quest guide arrow or map indication.

Havnt made any alterations to the route. BUt added some tips and alternative ports for south bree moment through the allegiance hall.

http://lotroplayers.com/2019/06/09/b...ter-run-guide/

Quote Originally Posted by squirle View Post
    Havnt made any alterations to the route. BUt added some tips and alternative ports for south bree moment through the allegiance hall.

http://lotroplayers.com/2019/06/09/b...ter-run-guide/
    Only one thing, its called Radagast, not Radogast.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

@Thurallor

If your Map is bugged so that the quest target area is not showing up,
    uncheck that quest in the quest guide box in your Map, and then reselect it.
    Morphen- Hunter
    Morpheth- Rank 6 Spider

Angry Fishing quests

I was ok with going fishing for junk.. A kinnie & I tried at different spots in the map,... all the items came up pretty fast, EXCEPT that goddamn Ball of Gunk. That item wouldn't drop anywhere for any of us... wasted a whole hour trying for it. Even went back to low/starter areas... nothing.
    This morning I found your Bonus note... went to those coords (weird spot with obstacles for casting I must say).. and there when I'm casting my pole for the 3rd time, I fish out the Ball of Gunk..... stayed a while longer and yes, got a second one.

How come that's the only freaking spot with a chance of dropping that?? WTH?! I'm never doing them again once I ran out of the items I stacked while suffering thru these. Another sucker-punch move imo... unless someone can say they got that item easily somewhere else.
    Main: Laurelinarien (LM) Council of the Elder Lords
    Other lvl caps: Feantura (RK), Laergwend (Mini), Taurtaren (HNT), Morwinne (CPT), Furcifer (Beorn), Seregeth (WDN), Dagnirion (Champ) & Kitiarya (Burg).
    Lowbies: Brynhilt (GRD) & Daerris [High-Elf CPT]

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    I had them in my inventory and still no quest guide arrow or map indication.
    Trying the quest again today. Now the quest guide is working for Gloomglens badger. I found the Suspicious Stump at 64.3S, 21.7W.

Here are the specific locations, for people with malfunctioning quest guides:
    Befriending Critters: Badger of Courage
    Gloomglens badger: in a Suspicious Stump at 64.3S, 21.7W
    Thinglad badger: wandering around near 20.9S, 62.9W
    Oatbarton badger: in a Suspicious Stump at 23.9S, 66.1W
    Lasgalen badger: wandering around near 15.6N, 43.9W
    Green Hill badger: wandering around near 34.3S, 68.0W
    Befriending Critters: Bird in the Hand
    Haerloeg swan: 36.8S, 27.9W
    Mournshaws raven: 69.8S, 21.9W
    Limlight dipper: 26.0S, 67.8W
    Gravenwood warbler: 81.5S, 13.3W
    Bruinen thrush: 39.3S, 15.4W
    Befriending Critters: Hop to It
    Redhorn rabbit: wandering around near 47.1S, 5.8W
    Calembel cottontail: wandering around near 67.2S, 54.6W
    Coomb coney: wandering around near 68.1S, 10.6W
    Broadacres bunny: wandering around near 46.5S, 72.7W
    Heathfells hare: wandering around near 88.2S, 7.3W
    Last edited by Thurallor; Jun 11 2019 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    I was ok with going fishing for junk.. A kinnie & I tried at different spots in the map,... all the items came up pretty fast, EXCEPT that goddamn Ball of Gunk. That item wouldn't drop anywhere for any of us... wasted a whole hour trying for it. Even went back to low/starter areas... nothing.
    This morning I found your Bonus note... went to those coords (weird spot with obstacles for casting I must say).. and there when I'm casting my pole for the 3rd time, I fish out the Ball of Gunk..... stayed a while longer and yes, got a second one.

How come that's the only freaking spot with a chance of dropping that?? WTH?! I'm never doing them again once I ran out of the items I stacked while suffering thru these. Another sucker-punch move imo... unless someone can say they got that item easily somewhere else.
    You just need fishing buff icon that says this part of Anduin could use some cleansing (or sth like that). There are several spots, and now with U24.1 they are marked on map
    I had more troubles with rusty mace than anything else but nowhere near an hour in buffed spot (I did it 3x so far, each time in different spot). Basically if you fish actual fishes you are in wrong spot...

Thurallor: it kinda works weird for me. If I'm far from correct region (like not in Eriador for example if critter is there) then often quest guide doesn't work. Bur if I move closer it suddenly appear. I couldn't find Entwash one today (after patch) since I was looking in Entwash Vale and Fangorn whereas it was in Far Anorien. Arrow showed when I ported to MT...
    Quest guide worked for me so far though if I was in correct region. I guess it bugs sometimes.
    Last edited by marmi; Jun 12 2019 at 07:02 PM.

Thanks for your guide, it's helpful!
    I did full run on my hunter today following it.

It took me 1.5 hour, so it's quite long. Probably it's possible to do it a bit quicker on hunter/warden, but on other classes it will be even longer.
    On the other hand you need 5 days to gather enough treats for all 30 places, so we can do it once per 5 days (unless you buy treats from someone, no one selling on my server so far though).
    I'm not sure proposed route can be better, it's not that important for hunter which has unlimited ports to each and every region.
    I found only 1 stable missing in it: Aldburg-> Ost Rimmon. There is no direct route, need to go to Minas Tirith first.
    Otherwise using festival horse in west Bree (on the way to Chetwood) and a horse by the stables in Rivendell (for High Moors) should save you a bit of time, these are teleports

Of course we can use reputation ports if we earned them (like Galtrev, Aldburg, MT etc.), your guide don't use these which is ok.
    Last edited by marmi; Jun 15 2019 at 10:17 AM.

Thank you for coming up with a travel route for these quests. I tried to improve your route to minimize the time it takes to complete all quests by trying to efficiently use the travel maps that I have available. I don't think I have the best route, I might update it if I discover a faster route.

The first location each paragraph is always the travel map I used, while the other locations are the stablemasters I used. Alternatively you could use the Glan Vraig map if you have access to the Ettenmoors and take the stablemaster to South Bree or Rivendell; or use a map to an allegiance hall, take the swift horse to Mordor, take the stablemaster to South Bree and go from there. The whole route took me about 1 hour 15 minutes to complete.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Bree > Ost Forod > Oatbarton > OATBARTON BADGER > BINDBOLE KID > GREEN HILL BADGER > BRANDY HILLS BILLY > CHETWOOD CHICKEN

2. Thorin’s Gate > West Bree > Esteldin > KINGSFELL CHICKEN

3. Ost Guruth > HAERLOG SWAN

4. Mirkwood > Tham Taerdol > LASGALEN BADGER

5. Dale > Lake Town > LONG LAKE LOGGERHEAD > Lake Town > South Bree > Rivendell > Swift Horse to High Moor > HIGH MOOR GOAT

6. Forlaw > South Bree > Rivendell > Echad Candelleth > BRUINEN THRUSH

7. Lhanuch > Maur Tulhau > GLOOMGLENS PULLET > GLOOMGLENS BADGER > MOURNSHAWS RAVEN > Echad Daervunn > Harndirion > COOMB CONEY > Harndirion > Echad Dagoras > Echad Dunnan > REDHORN RABBIT > HOLLIN RIDGE GOAT

8. Stangard > Limlight Gorge > LIMLIGHT DIPPER > Limlight Gorge > Thinglad > THINGLAD BADGER > Thinglad > Rushgore > RUSHGORE BANTAM

9. Snowbourn > Parth Galen > RAUROS SNAPPER

10. Dol Amroth > Calembel > CALEMBEL COTTONTAIL

11. Helm’s Deep > Stoke > BROADACRES BUNNY

12. Aldburg > Ost Rimmon > ENTWASH SLOWPOKE

13. Camp of the Host > NOMAN TORTOISE

14. Arnach > LOSSARNACH HEN

15. Galtrev > Lhan Ros > DUNBOG COOTER > Lhan Ros > Barnavon > Rohirrim Scout Camp > GRAVENWOOD WARBLER > Rohirrim Scout Camp > Forthbrond > HEATHFELLS HARE

16. Bree > Celondim > Falathlorn Homesteads > LUNE RIVER GOAT
    Last edited by Ethroin; Jun 16 2019 at 05:34 AM.

Thanks for the input. Improvements added to routes, including Quick horses and less Minas Tirith.
    Morphen- Hunter
    Morpheth- Rank 6 Spider

Since you can only do one Befriending Critters quest per day (actually 1.4 if you do the gardening and eggs quests), it might as well be the quickest one.

The rabbits and badgers require significantly less riding from the nearest swift-travel location than the others. The badgers win because two of them are in stumps, so you don't have to search for them.

Last edited by Thurallor; Jun 22 2019 at 03:45 PM.

You can also farm 30 treats (on alts as well) first and then do all 6 quests at the same time, then send the tomes of knowledge to your main for example so you don't have to do 120 of those
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r7 Captain - r6 Guardian - Phoenix Legion and Innocent raid alliance - Laurelin EN-RP