We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    No TP for beginner slayer deeds in the Vales

    Is the fact that there is no TP for initial slayer deeds a bug or by design? The Strongholds of the North slayer deeds rewarded TP for both, so I'm wondering if this is a change going forward.

    It's sad if it is, as SSG is giving less and less TP (first 5 TP for beginner deed and 10TP for advanced deed, then 5TP for both, and now finally only 5TP for the advanced one) while simultaneously doubling the price of quest packs.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by SjsharksBoy View Post
    Is the fact that there is no TP for initial slayer deeds a bug or by design? The Strongholds of the North slayer deeds rewarded TP for both, so I'm wondering if this is a change going forward.

    It's sad if it is, as SSG is giving less and less TP (first 5 TP for beginner deed and 10TP for advanced deed, then 5TP for both, and now finally only 5TP for the advanced one) while simultaneously doubling the price of quest packs.
    All U23 slaying deeds don't have them too (only advanced), same for instances

  3. #3
    This is something that really frosts my cookies and not in a good way. All basic slayer deeds should give 5 TP, advanced should all give 10. It's not like they get any easier, quite the contrary. Stop being stingy, SSG!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    All U23 slaying deeds don't have them too (only advanced), same for instances
    U23 slayer deeds did. For example, Ered Mithrin Orc-slayer, Ironfold beast-slayer, Ironfold Easterling-slayer, and others all had 5TP as a reward for beginning deeds.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolamrothdame View Post
    This is something that really frosts my cookies and not in a good way. All basic slayer deeds should give 5 TP, advanced should all give 10. It's not like they get any easier, quite the contrary. Stop being stingy, SSG!
    Now, now, don't be so judgemental. We're talking about 10 whole store point per advanced deed, and look at all the slayer deeds.

    People might buy a solvent and a key with that much LP.

  6. #6
    I was just going to comment too that Mithrin slayers indeed give 5-5 per slayer deeds (not counting resource quests). I understand that with Mordor they didn't do it because if they'd done that it would have been as rewarding as Moria and we all know that in this point that can't happen... cough cough...

    I'm hoping SSG says this is a bug and that the people who did the slayers before the bug was solved, they'll get the lps. This makes me not to want to do the new zone until SSG clarifies this. And also, I do new zones with 3 alts because 2 reasons: to re-gain more lps since I spent lps with buying the region, and to advance faster in the grind for my main character. If the grind is neverending and the deeds do not reward at least the basic lps, I might just do new zones with 1 character and farm wargpens with the rest.. xD

  7. #7

    Lame

    This is quite disheartening.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    46
    While the reduced LP is kind of disappointing (dunland and onwards have LP reduced from 5 - 10 to 5 - 5 already), also keep in mind the reduced numbers in the slayer deeds.

    Be happy the numbers aren't 200 and 400 like in some other deeds.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SotaMursu View Post
    While the reduced LP is kind of disappointing (dunland and onwards have LP reduced from 5 - 10 to 5 - 5 already), also keep in mind the reduced numbers in the slayer deeds.

    Be happy the numbers aren't 200 and 400 like in some other deeds.
    Several updates ago, numbers for all slayer deeds were reduced, and from what I remember, some of the deeds in starter zones are 40/80 and they still give 5/10 TP...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by SjsharksBoy View Post

    It's sad if it is, as SSG is giving less and less TP (first 5 TP for beginner deed and 10TP for advanced deed, then 5TP for both, and now finally only 5TP for the advanced one) while simultaneously doubling the price of quest packs.
    I am assuming that one of the reasons they are cutting back on LPs awarded is because there are people that create a character and farm LP in a few of the starter zone where you can zip through deeds, delete the character and start again. I think SSG's intention with free LPs is similar to restaurants that offer a free dessert or appetizer with a meal ... get something free AND spend some money. They know they cannot stay in busniess unless someone is paying for meals regularly. The F2P model is supposed to get people hooked on the game so that they sub or spend cash at some point.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Kynlee View Post
    I am assuming that one of the reasons they are cutting back on LPs awarded is because there are people that create a character and farm LP in a few of the starter zone where you can zip through deeds, delete the character and start again. I think SSG's intention with free LPs is similar to restaurants that offer a free dessert or appetizer with a meal ... get something free AND spend some money. They know they cannot stay in busniess unless someone is paying for meals regularly. The F2P model is supposed to get people hooked on the game so that they sub or spend cash at some point.
    But they reduce amount of LP for 120 level zones, not for starter zones

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kynlee View Post
    I am assuming that one of the reasons they are cutting back on LPs awarded is because there are people that create a character and farm LP in a few of the starter zone where you can zip through deeds, delete the character and start again. I think SSG's intention with free LPs is similar to restaurants that offer a free dessert or appetizer with a meal ... get something free AND spend some money. They know they cannot stay in busniess unless someone is paying for meals regularly. The F2P model is supposed to get people hooked on the game so that they sub or spend cash at some point.
    I'm pretty sure they want people to try to do that. Like every other grind in the game, the point is to break you so that you buy from the store (in this case use cash rather than time). If a handful of people do manage it, they're more than offset by the folks buying levels/VXP.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload