We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Legs

Legs

So I'm guessing this belongs either here or in the LI tab, but I'm going to put here...

This is for imbued LIs.

Is just my opinion, but seems to me the RK has a lot of pretty worthless legacies with a couple of half-decent ones. Any chance of fixing this?

Here's what I mean: so I mostly play yellow RK (haters will hate) and so the good ones I've got are Fury of Storm Crit DMG boost, which is great, Fury of Storm dmg, which isn't so great but is nice, and I got a finesse legacy.

After that there are only 2 obvious storm-based legacies: Vivid Imagery dmg and Sustaining Bolt dmg. Personally I use Vivid Imagery as an escape skill more than an actual combat skill, unless lots of mobs come at me and I need the AoE daze, thanks to the 30s cooldown which usually surpasses a fight. For dmg the skill isn't fantastic to start with, but the small increase is nice.
    As for sustaining bolt, the damage is nice and the heal from it can be useful, but it is a skill I rarely use. I prefer to spend all my attunement on Epic Conclusion or Shocking Words which deal significantly more dmg, plus the stun of Shocking Words is much better than a small heal and the crit dmg of Epic Conclusion usually ends a fight instantly, making sustaining bolt almost unused.

Even assuming you take these 2 legs, there are 2 empty slots to fill. The frost dmg legacy is worthless imo; you have 3 frost-damaging spells, one of which is completely useless if you use DoTs as the main effect of it, the slow, will be worn off in seconds. The dmg of Chilling Rhetoric is too low for the induction to be worth bothering with. Flurry of words is nice for debuffing if in a group, but solo it isn't very good, dmg is almost worthless, and induction is an issue again. Honestly the only decent frost spell is Essence of Winter, which is mostly only useful as an opening attack. It isn't worth spending that legacy on imo, and still isn't actually storm based.

After that the only one which could effect storm is the - power cost legacy. Personally I don't have any issues with power so I drop this legacy entirely.
    My current legacies are + healing, +WoF dmg, +finesse, +FoS crit dmg, +fire dmg, +FoS dmg, +will.

What I'd like to see: personally, I think it would be nice to have a legacy giving a bonus to some skills. As you have to spend a trait point on Ceaseless Argument, could a legacy either directly increase it's dmg significantly (more significantly than the +49% of FoS dmg leg) or give it some bonus, like adding +1-25% finesse buff on use or something, perhaps adding a mit buff.
    Also maybe adding a crit chance legacy directly to either/bothc Epic Conclusion or Essence of Storm, both of which already have increased crit dmg.

TY

Quote Originally Posted by CountBatlord View Post
    I prefer to spend all my attunement on Epic Conclusion or Shocking Words which deal significantly more dmg, plus the stun of Shocking Words is much better than a small heal and the crit dmg of Epic Conclusion usually ends a fight instantly, making sustaining bolt almost unused.
    You should take the Sustaining Bolt legacy because it costs 0 attunement when the following procs.

Charged:
    Lightning skills have a 20% chance to apply:
    Sustaining Bolt is now free.
    Duration: 8s

As you have to spend a trait point on Ceaseless Argument, could a legacy either directly increase it's dmg significantly
    There is a legacy for Ceaseless Argument on your imbued satchel. Remember to take the legacy for Shocking Words as well.