We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Game freezing on wine client

When I played with Steam, the game would freeze occasionally but it would only last a few seconds and then everything would go back to normal. Now, with the wine client, I have to force quit the game every time it freezes because nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by EranodoreAlphemel View Post
    When I played with Steam, the game would freeze occasionally but it would only last a few seconds and then everything would go back to normal. Now, with the wine client, I have to force quit the game every time it freezes because nothing happens.
    Hi Eranodore!

Have you had a look at my post on the installation process? You can find it at https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ons-Client-V24

I didn't say it was freezing during the installation process. That went just fine. I said the game itself is freezing. I log in and enter the world, then about every hour or so the screen freezes and I have to force quit and log in again.

Quote Originally Posted by EranodoreAlphemel View Post
    I didn't say it was freezing during the installation process. That went just fine. I said the game itself is freezing. I log in and enter the world, then about every hour or so the screen freezes and I have to force quit and log in again.
    I Understand.

If you have installed v24 using the first version installer, it could cause freezes during the use of the client. There some notes about that in my post as well.

Also, as I've also added in my post, make sure to upgrade to the latest Mojave. At least one report similar to yours has been resolved by upgrading macOS.

Are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit client? I found the 32-bit one froze a lot as you describe. I think it does that when the native client would have crashed. 64-bit seems much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Formengil View Post
    Are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit client? I found the 32-bit one froze a lot as you describe. I think it does that when the native client would have crashed. 64-bit seems much better.
    Hi Formengil that is a good call and I agree that 32bits mode might be a further source of crashes.

If anyone want to test 64bits mode, I have written a new post to verify how your client is running.

Please see https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...n-64-or-32bits