We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    while i was admiring those beautyfull yet strange flowers, ready to keep on my journey,
    i ve heard screams coming from Beornhaus........
    turned to see what s going on. i saw a crazed beorning running towards to me laughing really weird!
    behind him was a man running n screaming! seams to me that the man had a better pace n he would catch the crazy beorning soon or sooner.......
    (do you know there r so many ways to say soon? my english teacher does not.....)
    the beorning was not far from me now n i saw he had something in his hand...... a letter!
    the man was about to reach him but the beorn took the shape of a bear n now he was running really fast!
    i was ready to draw my sword cos the bearman was running straight to me with the letter between his jaws!
    thankfully he turned the very last moment n i lost him in the woods.........
    i saw the man returning to beornhaus while cursings to all wild life was reaching my ears!
    i looked at the flowers again......
    there was nothing left anymore......
    the crazed beorning had destroyed everything on his way!
    something else caught my eye.......
    a complitelly turned into little pieces letter was down in the dust among the stamped on flowers!
    i took in my hands the biggest piece ....
    Dev's letter was written with beautyfull caligraphic letters at the corner!
    Meh, i thought, now who knows when we ll see the new Dev letter again.........
    Last edited by Valakircka; Jun 11 2019 at 04:45 PM.
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Flowers in the Vales of Anduin

>While exploring the Vales of Anduin, you come across a patch of fragrant, unique flowers that you've never seen before. What do you do?

I /spin, and make a /snowwizard, and eat my /elevenses, and then eventually take a nice long /NAP. ...Wait-- Are these Poppies? They're not Vale Poppies, are they? Because that could mean there is some trickery going on here, and probably a Wicked Wizard watching me from a tower somewhere. ...Of course, a Good Wizard would surely make it snow and wake me up from my nap. Hmm... Okay, good spot for "Elevenses!"
    “Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay; Small acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps because I am afraid, and he gives me courage.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien

I would enjoy their beauty and take a small sample.

I would sit among them and compose a new tune.

I paint them, old school botany illustration style, then take the picture to Radagast to help identify them.
    Stormfall: Hunter,There and Back Again, Anor

Formerly: Diamint/Yvanor | Silverkeep, Vilya

While exploring the Vales of Anduin, you come across a patch of fragrant, unique flowers you've never seen before. What do you do?

I carefully pick a few of the flowers to give to my wife, all the while making sure no giant bees from the Beornhaus attack me for picking their flowers.

While exploring the Vales of Anduin, you come across a patch of fragrant, unique flowers you've never seen before. What do you do?

Flowers? Oh, yes, I do recall encountering some unique, beautiful flowers on my way over the High Pass. I didn't pay much attention to them; I was too enthralled by the spectacular view of the mist on the Misty Mountains!

I briefly stop to admire them, and then move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragorond View Post
    While exploring the Vales of Anduin, if I came across a patch of fragrant, unique flowers I've never seen before, I would pick as many as I could without causing massive environmental harm, and then and travel all the way to Bree-Land to bestow (throw) these flowers onstage during the next beautiful Andune Ensemble performance. Greatness deserves beauty...but let's just hope the flowers are not poisonous because I do not want to be thrown into the Bree-Town Jail. Captain Brackenbrook would not be proud if that happened, rest his soul. Everything we do is for him.
    Stop and admire the flowers, then move on with the fight against the enemy, bolstered by the beauty in Middle Earth.

Stamp on them for short term fun and then cry out of regret

Quote Originally Posted by OliveYew View Post

Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon! Don't forget to reply below to the Weekly Comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points. We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Thursday, June 13th. Good luck!

I gather them, since some dwarf will probably need them to brew a remedy.

Congratulations, you have won this weeks contest!

Quote Originally Posted by LaurelinTook View Post
    Pick some of the Anduin flowers and take them to your friendly neighborhood Ranger so he can tell you what they do.

Congratulations, you have won this weeks contest!

Please check your forum mailbox for your points code. You can insert the code in the redeem code box within the LOTRO store to receive your points.

I would sit and enjoy them, perhaps try to paint a picture. Which would be hard, as I am a terrible artist. Maybe they are so beautiful as to inspire me to better art?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5