We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Steam?

Steam?

Is the new Mac client going to be supported on Steam? I tried uninstalling the launcher and reinstalling assuming it would download the new client but now I just get an error when I try to download.

Been wondering the same thing. I downloaded the wine client and now I just want to know if the launcher in my Steam library is obsolete and if I should delete it.

Same problem here with Steam,updated through it and kaboom ..only with wine worked but its not the same as before ,to play the game i have to set everything in the lowest hardware requirements.

Thanks for reaching out!

We do have plans to update the steam client, and we are in the process of carrying them out. There is no current ETA on when this will be complete.
    Once this update is done you should be able to run the game through steam and seamlessly be on the new version of the client.

Keep an eye out for more information here on the forums.

^Thanks for telling us. I feel relieved knowing this is temporary.
    Last edited by EranodoreAlphemel; Jun 06 2019 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cydrith View Post
    Thanks for reaching out!

We do have plans to update the steam client, and we are in the process of carrying them out. There is no current ETA on when this will be complete.
    Once this update is done you should be able to run the game through steam and seamlessly be on the new version of the client.

Keep an eye out for more information here on the forums.
    Thanks, this is good to hear!

Until then I guess we just don't get to participate.

Yeah, I'm considering just playing DDO until the Steam client for LOTRO is updated.

Steam issues

Thanks for working of this Cydrith! As I am sure you are already aware, the Steam client doesn't seem to be updating on either the Mac or PC. I hope you all will get this cleared up soon as I use Steam to buy LP and this kind of curtails my spending habits. Mrs Diogenes thanks you though!

Any update on this? Eager to try the new zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Avedram View Post
    Any update on this? Eager to try the new zone!
    Mac users can still play, you don't have to wait until the Steam client is updated. Download the Wine client.

The new mac client has arrived on Steam!
    Let us know if there are any other issues related to this matter.

Oh my gosh I thought we'd have to wait at least a few months, thank you so much! About to try it out.

*update* is there anything I need to reinstall? When I try to log on via Steam it still says "you do not have the current version of the client".
    Last edited by EranodoreAlphemel; Jun 24 2019 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EranodoreAlphemel View Post
    Oh my gosh I thought we'd have to wait at least a few months, thank you so much! About to try it out.

*update* is there anything I need to reinstall? When I try to log on via Steam it still says "you do not have the current version of the client".
    I uninstalled it entirely then reinstalled, is that what you did?

Glad this got fixed so fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Avedram View Post
    I uninstalled it entirely then reinstalled, is that what you did?

Glad this got fixed so fast!
    Did uninstalling the game delete your screenshots? I was thinking about doing that but I'm afraid all my screenshots will disappear from my steam profile.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Can't open the Steam overlay on the new client. Also when I launch the game it opens the wine preloader...I thought when the Steam client was updated we wouldn't need to use the wine client anymore? I don't like the Wine client because it makes the game perform atrociously (key binding never stays the way I configure it, game freezes every hour and I have to force quit, lag is terrible if I set the graphics to anything higher than low). I don't see the point of updating the Steam client if we still have to use Wine.

I tried uninstalling Wine altogether, but when I launched the game with Steam it automatically reinstalled Wine. Either I'm doing something wrong or updating the steam client was pointless.
    Last edited by EranodoreAlphemel; Jun 25 2019 at 12:07 AM.

Sorry I took so long to respond; I take screenshots in-game so they go to the log folder, I assume Steam kept yours though? I don't think it deletes things if you uninstall a game.

As for the wine client, the Steam one was never going to be any different, Steam has always been the same client just downloaded through Steam instead of the LotRO website. So for the new one it was just waiting for them to add the wine client to Steam.

So are they also planning on adding the old features like being able to make lotro store purchases using steam wallet, and being able to have the overlay?

...huh. I only just got it open a little bit ago and hadn't noticed either of those things. I hope they get added.