We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 147
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    I have one explanation for this on-going threat... maybe, Areyekuwe just does not use any skills on his chars and just fights through everything with auto-attacks.
    That would explain, how champs are more sturdy, how there are neglectable differences in DPS, how ranges deal more damage (they attack earlier (ranged bonus)) and how the healing component of Touch and Go is the only relevant defense tool for his burglar and how equipment is the most relevant source of anything.
    Are you talking to yourself?
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    Excellent. You seem to be quite well informed, then. All but the "mathematics".
    Combat Analysis is a mathematical tool.

    Yet simple fact that Range always wins does not occur to you though.
    Do you really not understand that this is entirely irrelevant, when the DPS meters in actual raid fights show that burglars come out on top, in spite of being a melee class?

    To maximize DPS people maximize that not self nerf with mitigations. In a DPS class, on a DPS build people run what is called "glass cannon" and I have seen these types of situations when they just do die. Just as you say. Slotting mitigations does take away the DPS 10K in tact mit or 10K in phis mastery makes big difference. Stats available are huge. especially if it is for any class possibly x4 times per armor slot. Then throw in socket jewelry and you are talking about enormous stats. Based on that the game is racing towards either all DPS where healers and tanks and support of any class is a waste of a spot or much harder fights where mitigations and high morale numbers will be required, or no one will be able to take 1st hit. That is the real balance not the fact that Burglar can get half of it's morale by 50% every 2.5 min.
    You clearly do not have access to T2/T3 gear, otherwise you wouldn't be saying this. That also suggests you've never cleared the raid on T3, and have not done T2 often, if at all. That explains a lot. You can easily cap crit and mastery with ~9 essence slots left over for vitality/mitigations. Burglars don't need those, though. If the damage is predictable (belly flop on first boss, for example), then the burglar literally cannot die.
    Your whole point is moot.
    Feailuve, Akabath, Failure - Evernight
    Also known as Giliodor

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeviternus View Post
    I absolutely think burglars need to be nerfed, but this statement is nonsensical. Red burglars should be able to DPS in a raid as much as any DPS spec. Just because your personal preference says that they shouldn't, doesn't make it right. You cannot give a single justification for why a red burglar should objectively be any less viable of a DPS than a red hunter. You can try, and fail, if you wish, but this statement is purely an opinion, and yet you try to pass it off as a fact.
    Balanced burglar should be good in 3/6 man (red) and good in raid (yellow / blue).

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Papou_sous_la_montagne View Post
    Balanced burglar should be good in 3/6 man (red) and good in raid (yellow / blue).
    This is a completely arbitrary line that you've drawn, based on nothing but your own opinion.
    Feailuve, Akabath, Failure - Evernight
    Also known as Giliodor

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeviternus View Post
    Combat Analysis is a mathematical tool.
    Human genome is found to be composed of series of zeroes and ones. So, it is a mathematical tool then too.
    The point is not mathematics but data. If the data is so outrageously above similar build of a hunter (that was made into a bench mark for burglar DPS by devs) then let's see it.
    Not go all philosophical on each other personalities.


    Do you really not understand that this is entirely irrelevant, when the DPS meters in actual raid fights show that burglars come out on top, in spite of being a melee class?
    Melee can output dps in that range, ranged from a far and has no rounds lost if target ever moves. [/quote]

    Thus several classes received increase in melee range. I am proud to say that it was one of the things that was asking for all alone.


    You clearly do not have access to T2/T3 gear, otherwise you wouldn't be saying this. That also suggests you've never cleared the raid on T3, and have not done T2 often, if at all. That explains a lot. You can easily cap crit and mastery with ~9 essence slots left over for vitality/mitigations. Burglars don't need those, though. If the damage is predictable (belly flop on first boss, for example), then the burglar literally cannot die.
    Your whole point is moot.
    Why do you need to try to size shame or guess what gear I have?

    How is this relevant to the actual public discussion?

    Do you not understand what you write about?

    - It is the same stuff I wrote about and actual numbers are pretty HUGE. So, go ahead expect HUGE results.

    On my server we have several different class characters that put together complete armor sets of 355 item level gear that comes with 4 slots for essences. I have seen Guardian, Captain, Hunter, Burglar. this is 4 times 6, just from that. Yes, we are talking about same stuff.
    Please note.

    And in my opinion any class can do very well in such a setup. If a particular class does not, it is broken.

    Other then that, I have asked for Burglar to be able to DPS for close to 2 years, as it is possible to find, many people did the same for about a year, leading up to the update.

    Now Burglar got the DPS ability.

    Thank you for your wonderful welcome to the club,

    Group hug anyone?
    Last edited by Areyekuwe; Jun 13 2019 at 09:51 PM.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

  6. #106

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    Creep side of this game is something that attracts just the strangest crowds.

    Why not delete the whole Monster Play. It has never gotten any real interest among the 99% of the game.

    Just look at this Burglar Sub Forum Thread: Who is asking for nerfs?
    Care to tell me where I asked for a nerf on burglar class? Because it really cost me find so assertive statement.

    Rather than a normal reaction, I think you've had a large rage, for some reason, still nobody seems to have understood, and because of that rage you started to open threads yelling about the complete disappearance of an essential part of the game, for you it is not, that is the PvMP, over the disappearance of Ettenmoors and / or Osgilliath. You flatly attack other players who played this game more than twelve years, to be more precise, ten years more than you have ever played, by the need to defend absurdities and feel better, honestly, your opinion, I care very little, if not nothing.



    My signature, has nothing to do with my opinion on a broken class, whether you like it or not.

    Try to think twice before you get to drop nonsense like crazy.

    Stop being a joke.

    PS: All games are mathematical.
    Last edited by Yuzuriha_EN; Jun 13 2019 at 08:30 PM.
    [Creep status: Ultra casual] | [Freep status: Retired since 2011] | LotRO since March 30, 2007 - Proud Game's Founder

  7. #107

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Fingerz View Post
    So yes, Burg be like Chuck Norris on Steroids, good times xD

    Has this made any difference to other classes at all?

    Lotro look same to me; RK/Hunters still standing back chilling bringing blistering easymode DPS, Awesome Champs and Wardens still bringing the most insane AE DPS, Capi still sitting back knowing without them the DPS'ers crying over their Parse, LM's still only class can Solo de-buff a 6 man, tanks still tanking and healers still healing.
    But now a Burg can DPS as well, nice.

    Give each other a break ..or a hug..or roll a Burg
    Possibly you're one of the few that believes the story, "The burglar class WAI", anyway they think, no wonder at all, since it fits your style of simple gaming, if possible without challenges.
    [Creep status: Ultra casual] | [Freep status: Retired since 2011] | LotRO since March 30, 2007 - Proud Game's Founder

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzuriha_EN View Post
    Possibly you're one of the few that believes the story, "The burglar class WAI", anyway they think, no wonder at all, since it fits your style of simple gaming, if possible without challenges.
    You have retired with your burglar since 2011, so how do you understand the course since? Sarcasm is your only defense ...

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzuriha_EN View Post
    Care to tell me where I asked for a nerf on burglar class? Because it really cost me find so assertive statement.

    Rather than a normal reaction, I think you've had a large rage, for some reason, still nobody seems to have understood, and because of that rage you started to open threads yelling about the complete disappearance of an essential part of the game, for you it is not, that is the PvMP, over the disappearance of Ettenmoors and / or Osgilliath. You flatly attack other players who played this game more than twelve years, to be more precise, ten years more than you have ever played, by the need to defend absurdities and feel better, honestly, your opinion, I care very little, if not nothing.



    My signature, has nothing to do with my opinion on a broken class, whether you like it or not.

    Try to think twice before you get to drop nonsense like crazy.

    Stop being a joke.

    PS: All games are mathematical.
    As long as some one is having a laugh at my jokes, i am happy too.

    General idea of the game is: it is 99% PvE. Then 1% PvP.

    When people come out strongly asking for a nerf to the other class and that makes them unhappy. It could clearly be attributed to either one: Their need to vent, because something in general bothers them and they found a random point. Or they are upset at having some unproductive encounters in the moors.

    If you are active in the forums and do pay attention to the Burglar subject threads. For a while there was a very loud outcry for higher DPS. Now it is here. Now you come in and complain. Question: how does it relate to you, why are you here, where do you come from? Or worse: What is your problem? -Pick one.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeviternus View Post
    This is a completely arbitrary line that you've drawn, based on nothing but your own opinion.
    And since you and me looked into meaning of words.

    Here is a good one: Arbitrary.

    See here:
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/arbitrary

    In this instance i lean VERY heavily on: B and C

    Here however A; B and C for your reference.

    existing or coming about seemingly at random or by chance or as a capricious and unreasonable act of will

    an arbitrary choice

    When a task is not seen in a meaningful context it is experienced as being arbitrary.
    — Nehemiah Jordan

    b : based on or determined by individual preference or convenience rather than by necessity
    or the intrinsic nature of something an arbitrary standard take any arbitrary positive number

    2a : not restrained or limited in the exercise of power : ruling by absolute authority
    The devs are:

    "ruling by absolute authority"

    Then in my idea of a common sense you work from that.

    Bench mark for Burglar was set as equal to the top DPS class of the game: Hunter. Class that is ranged and still should continually be albe to go on DPSing while burglars would have to move to come within range. And thus lose rounds / DPS output.

    So, please welcome us to the club and think the way you think of the lotro, because there is a new kid on the block: Burglar class. Class that is good to play, class that can go from hard and near useless to useful.
    Last edited by Areyekuwe; Jun 13 2019 at 10:09 PM.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

  11. #111

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnumum View Post
    You have retired with your burglar since 2011, so how do you understand the course since? Sarcasm is your only defense ...
    Affirmative, but retired from boring PvE does not mean I have not played the class, at this point, it's really necessary to respond absurd quotes as yours? Will respond once. Not to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    More boring stuff
    The game is: it is 1% PvE. Then 99% PvP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    When people come out strongly asking for a nerf to the other class and that makes them unhappy.
    Care to tell me where I asked for a nerf on burglar class? Because it really cost me find so assertive statement? I'm still waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    For a while there was a very loud outcry for higher DPS. Now it is here.
    Don't make me laugh. Burglars had decent to Overpowered DPS since imbued LI's were implemented. Another lead who comfirms you are clueless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    Now you come in and complain.
    No. Too bad to you I did not complain, only needed to say you are a joke, and you triggered hard enough as for opening 2 threads calling PvMP areas closure plus PvMP deletion. Who complains? I still think you are a joke.

    Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    Question: how does it relate to you, why are you here, where do you come from? Or worse: What is your problem? -Pick one.
    Have you ever responded to my question, I'll repeat: Care to tell me where I asked for a nerf on burglar class? Because it really cost me find so assertive statement? I'm still waiting.

    I'll give you a little advance, you played burglar for... 2 years? But you have no idea.

    Simple. Farewell.
    Last edited by Yuzuriha_EN; Jun 13 2019 at 11:26 PM.
    [Creep status: Ultra casual] | [Freep status: Retired since 2011] | LotRO since March 30, 2007 - Proud Game's Founder

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzuriha_EN View Post
    Possibly you're one of the few that believes the story, "The burglar class WAI", anyway they think, no wonder at all, since it fits your style of simple gaming, if possible without challenges.
    Now that is beyond ignorant my new friend. I would try to curse at you, but that could get me into trouble. You have never looked into Burglar forums before, or you would know that Fingerz is an authority here and NEVER for lack of knowledge or over simplicity.
    He knows too much, in my opinion.

    But you clearly are brand new kid on the block, so please either figure things out or get out of the building. You can not come here and tell everyone who is a regular that we are all a joke.

    What do you bring with you?

    A signature in which it said that your Burglar is retired since 2011, as was pointed out already?

    -The joke is on you and you are the only one laughing. Enjoy, have a good time, maybe bring your burglar back on out
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

  13. #113

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    You would know that Fingerz is an authority here and NEVER for lack of knowledge or over simplicity.
    Will save this quote and show it to all old time gamers, It will provide, for sure, big laughs.

    I'll explain, still because I am not sure what kind of brain I'm trying to chat, could be a non opened cantaloupe. I am not sure at this moment if Fingerz and myself played together at the times of Amnesia, whose leader was Khair, i know that's like Martian to you, don't worry. Yet, Fingerz has never proven me anything to think otherwise, I am a person who can recognise her faults, and the day he's proven I am wrong I will openly admit.

    Yet, you are unable to respond ONE question. So, if you can't you comfirm everything I've said before, and this convo, ends here.

    Clueless and a joke... That thing about Fingerz, was probably the most hilarious I've seen in ages, but, no problem, go ahead riding over your cloud.

    As mentioned, that's nothing personal, Fingerz, but prove me wrong, that's my challenge.
    Last edited by Yuzuriha_EN; Jun 13 2019 at 10:27 PM.
    [Creep status: Ultra casual] | [Freep status: Retired since 2011] | LotRO since March 30, 2007 - Proud Game's Founder

  14. #114

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    A signature in which it said that your Burglar is retired since 2011, as was pointed out already?
    If you take a time to read what I'm writing (aka) replies, you won't have to call silly questions as this one.
    [Creep status: Ultra casual] | [Freep status: Retired since 2011] | LotRO since March 30, 2007 - Proud Game's Founder

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzuriha_EN View Post

    Simple. Farewell.
    Likewise, thanks for visiting. Don't get lost on your way out.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzuriha_EN View Post
    If you take a time to read what I'm writing (aka) replies, you won't have to call silly questions as this one.
    Oh my, are you aware that you are using google translate? (that is NOT the best option and is often wrong, both ways:translating you and others)
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzuriha_EN View Post
    Will save this quote and show it to all old time gamers, It will provide, for sure, big laughs.

    Yet, you are unable to respond ONE question. So, if you can't you comfirm everything I've said before, and this convo, ends here.

    Clueless and a joke... That thing about Fingerz, was probably the most hilarious I've seen in ages, but, no problem, go ahead riding your cloud.
    Me, no understand.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

  18. #118

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    Nonsense


    Last edited by Yuzuriha_EN; Jun 13 2019 at 11:26 PM.
    [Creep status: Ultra casual] | [Freep status: Retired since 2011] | LotRO since March 30, 2007 - Proud Game's Founder

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzuriha_EN View Post
    2 big, space consuming images
    Please do not forget to do as you say and really ignore me. I will be only happier for that.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

  20. #120

    Thumbs up

    Last edited by Yuzuriha_EN; Jun 13 2019 at 11:26 PM.
    [Creep status: Ultra casual] | [Freep status: Retired since 2011] | LotRO since March 30, 2007 - Proud Game's Founder

  21. #121

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    I'm sorry I have to use the ignore function after this.
    You are basically saying with every post, no that's not true, without bringing ANY evidence at all
    100% agreed, can't provide any evidence, but his own BS, can't even reply ONE simple question, but the boy is perhaps, feeling special, because of the attention, can't find any other reasons, he has zero knowledge about the class, he can't provide evidences, and he's not able to respond easy questions. Just a waste of time.
    Last edited by Yuzuriha_EN; Jun 13 2019 at 11:26 PM.
    [Creep status: Ultra casual] | [Freep status: Retired since 2011] | LotRO since March 30, 2007 - Proud Game's Founder

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    212
    Beautiful nightmare

    Hobbit burglar , not human ...


  23. #123

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnumum View Post
    video
    The best race for playing the class are, by far Hobbits.
    Last edited by Yuzuriha_EN; Jun 13 2019 at 11:27 PM.
    [Creep status: Ultra casual] | [Freep status: Retired since 2011] | LotRO since March 30, 2007 - Proud Game's Founder

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    212
    Beautiful nightmare

    Hobbit burglar , not human ... before the update 23.5

    $


    bonne nuit ...

  25. #125

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnumum View Post
    same video
    That's a video from a skilled player, dated at 2014, that's 5 years back, using hobbit mechanics to perform a nearly perfect positional damage at every fight, actual burglars don't use that positional, a sign that means, class is broken, more broken still, than it was when level cap was 105. Good night
    Last edited by Yuzuriha_EN; Jun 13 2019 at 11:27 PM.
    [Creep status: Ultra casual] | [Freep status: Retired since 2011] | LotRO since March 30, 2007 - Proud Game's Founder

 

 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload