We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Results 126 to 147 of 147
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    211
    No video with a burglar rk7 #### so he's retired ...

  2. #127

    Thumbs up

    You boys, really needs to say the last word? Not your day
    Last edited by Yuzuriha_EN; Jun 13 2019 at 11:25 PM.
    Farruquita (R13 Blackarrow) - Isabelpantoja (R12 Warg) - Laprimaderiesgo (R10 Reaver) - Exxuverancia (R10 Defiler) - Shakirah (R10 Warleader) - Sthlysia (R8 Spider) [Creep status: Ultra casual] | Yuzuriha (R10 Guardian) - Fresita (R7 Burglar) [Freep status: Retired since 2011] | LotRO since March 30, 2007 - Game's Founders Club

  3. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzuriha_EN View Post
    Will save this quote and show it to all old time gamers, It will provide, for sure, big laughs.

    I'll explain, still because I am not sure what kind of brain I'm trying to chat, could be a non opened cantaloupe. I am not sure at this moment if Fingerz and myself played together at the times of Amnesia, whose leader was Khair, i know that's like Martian to you, don't worry. Yet, Fingerz has never proven me anything to think otherwise, I am a person who can recognise her faults, and the day he's proven I am wrong I will openly admit.

    Yet, you are unable to respond ONE question. So, if you can't you comfirm everything I've said before, and this convo, ends here.

    Clueless and a joke... That thing about Fingerz, was probably the most hilarious I've seen in ages, but, no problem, go ahead riding over your cloud.

    As mentioned, that's nothing personal, Fingerz, but prove me wrong, that's my challenge.
    Kinda looks personal to me lols

    Ironic you mention Amnesia, it's a forgotten name? I never ran with then I was in Ascension...
    lil 'obbit of Evernight...

    The Ascensio, Chaos Unbound, Paradox, Silent Paths, Ascension, Bonehunters, Legion of the Valar

  4. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    Making burglars (a mostly support class) the most damaging class its just stupid.Champions and hunters should make that dps at single not burglars unless you think that Bilbo was stronger than Gimli and Legolas.Burglars update was completely fail they should get some dps so they can be able to do 3 man instances and offer some more dps to an entire group raid but not make them so overpowered.
    no, it's not stupid. it's smart game design. it's mmorpg 101 and it should have been done years ago.

    melee range is extremely punishing in this game, exacerbated by the sluggish engine and sluggish skill animations. champions still have superior aoe as do hunters, hunters are still working at ranged and have 100% on target uptime.

    this is how it should have always been.

    no, I don't play a burglar.

    if these complaints are about pvp i'm sorry but there are not as many people playing the pvp part of the game as you think and pvp will always be an afterthought here.

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens/Greece
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Teyaha View Post
    no, it's not stupid. it's smart game design. it's mmorpg 101 and it should have been done years ago.

    melee range is extremely punishing in this game, exacerbated by the sluggish engine and sluggish skill animations. champions still have superior aoe as do hunters, hunters are still working at ranged and have 100% on target uptime.

    this is how it should have always been.

    no, I don't play a burglar.

    if these complaints are about pvp i'm sorry but there are not as many people playing the pvp part of the game as you think and pvp will always be an afterthought here.
    In the only thing that i agree with you if i understand you correctly cause my English are not so well is that melee should have more damage output than range cause of the many disadvantages that they have.I am not going to mention those i beleave everyone knows of what i am talking about.Champions and Wardens have the most damaging AOE yes but only cause burglars can hit only 3 targets thank god.Their dps output is so big that they dont need many aoe skills to achieve big numbers.Hunters are way far behind in AOE atm they do the less aoe damage of all dps classes they are behind even from RKs that do decent damage to both single and AOE.Burglars ST atm is the strongest, if someone knows the class well can do at least 20k more dps than anyone else no matter how good he is.
    So in conclusion,if they start at last to think that melees should get the proper attention and they are going to boost the dps of all melee classes after the burglars update i am fine with it but if stays like this no cause it is not fair at all for anyone except the burglars.

    PS:I dont care about pvp even that i have many creeps and i play a lot in the past, i always think that creeps are the punching bag of freeps nothing more.But i understand the anger of some high rank creeps when they go one shot by burglars from nowhere.Think that happens in the past also tho but now its even worst.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Narzul Lore Master-Ruarin Guardian-Gorgeous Minstrel
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

  6. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    Human genome is found to be composed of series of zeroes and ones. So, it is a mathematical tool then too.
    The point is not mathematics but data. If the data is so outrageously above similar build of a hunter (that was made into a bench mark for burglar DPS by devs) then let's see it.
    Not go all philosophical on each other personalities.
    You really just can't get yourself to utter the phrase "Yeah, you're right.", can you? Combat Analysis is a mathematical tool used to analyse combat data. Accept it, and move on.

    Melee can output dps in that range, ranged from a far and has no rounds lost if target ever moves.

    Thus several classes received increase in melee range. I am proud to say that it was one of the things that was asking for all alone.
    Except... the targets in raids do move. That's the whole point. In an actual raid environment, burglar DPS already eclipses that of hunters. I just have to repeat what I've already said, you don't seem to get things the first time around. Perhaps you should be a little less quick to respond, and a bit more mindful.

    Why do you need to try to size shame or guess what gear I have?

    How is this relevant to the actual public discussion?
    Because firstly, you're talking about "sacrificing defensive stats" when that's not relevant, and secondly, it shows your inexperience in high level content, which means your claims of RK/hunter > burglar are likely based on absolutely nothing.

    Do you not understand what you write about?
    Too ironic to even respond to.

    - It is the same stuff I wrote about and actual numbers are pretty HUGE. So, go ahead expect HUGE results.

    On my server we have several different class characters that put together complete armor sets of 355 item level gear that comes with 4 slots for essences. I have seen Guardian, Captain, Hunter, Burglar. this is 4 times 6, just from that. Yes, we are talking about same stuff.
    I am not even sure what you're saying here, but in T3 raid gear, there are 36 essence slots to fill.
    Feailuve, Akabath, Failure - Evernight
    Also known as Giliodor

  7. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeviternus View Post
    This is a completely arbitrary line that you've drawn, based on nothing but your own opinion.
    No it's logic. Burglar should be played in yellow in raid because his buff/debuff and CC are awesome for group better than no brain red dps. With proper LI you should be able to have a decent dps output. In 3/6 man red should be fine because no need all this buff / debuff.

    May i remember you on abyss blue/yellow burglar with perma gambler mezz on 4/5 target ? That what i talking about.

    SSG with this update broke this fact.

    Those are happy are pvpm player with their 3/4/5 man party farm. Like full raid beorning heal. This is a nonsense and break all balance in game.

  8. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Papou_sous_la_montagne View Post
    No it's logic. Burglar should be played in yellow in raid because his buff/debuff and CC are awesome for group better than no brain red dps. With proper LI you should be able to have a decent dps output. In 3/6 man red should be fine because no need all this buff / debuff.
    Logic? No, sir, there's no logic behind your statement. Just the fact that a yellow burg's debuffs are strong doesn't mean that a red burglar shouldn't be able to DPS. Also, "no brain red DPS"? DPSing on a burglar is far more engaging than just debuffing. But that's entirely besides the point.
    The point is this: the ability of a yellow burglar to be so effective at debuffing, makes them a requirement for raids. Nowhere does that imply that red burglars shouldn't be viable. If a second burglar wants to join the raid, there's no reason why he shouldn't be able to do so, and fill a DPS role. Nothing you've said refutes that.

    May i remember you on abyss blue/yellow burglar with perma gambler mezz on 4/5 target ? That what i talking about.

    SSG with this update broke this fact.
    That does not say anything about red burglars. It only says that debuffing burglars are good at CCing. That doesn't imply that red burglars shouldn't be viable. That doesn't logically follow at all. You've not given any argument here. You've again just repeated your personal preference.
    Feailuve, Akabath, Failure - Evernight
    Also known as Giliodor

  9. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeviternus View Post
    The only thing I have to do to make my points seem stronger, is let you continue speaking.
    Genuinely laughed out loud when i read this.

    ./Applause & slow bow.
    Lob
    [EU] Evernight

  10. #135
    this thread is quite amazing.

    short sum: areyekuwe got no idea about the class he plays while aeviternus doesnt play the class and got a lot more knowledge. gertes is correct aswell imo...

    logic should be enough but to give a few examples:50% heal with touch and go and you can do this twice in less then 1 second if you want and you gain 15% mitigations! ko reduce your incoming dmg (yeah not only melee anymore) down to 20% and you can do that for a total duration of 20sec if you want.
    Battle vanish to remove all aggro you have and even tho it should be use as a offensive skill only it simply is an emergency cooldown.
    ready and able is just the top of everything.

    sum:dps can stay as it is but simply remove nearly all of those defensive cooldowns. they arent needed at all and simply destroy fair balancing.

  11. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeviternus View Post
    The point is this: the ability of a yellow burglar to be so effective at debuffing, makes them a requirement for raids.

    All is said. Thanks.

  12. #137

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Fingerz View Post
    Kinda looks personal to me lols

    Ironic you mention Amnesia, it's a forgotten name? I never ran with then I was in Ascension...
    Well, I said above I was not sure we have ever played together, by the way, I have played against you, and you can read at my quote, if lazy, can post it again.

    Here the two things I've commented about you, Fingerz:

    1. Possibly you're one of the few that believes the story, "The burglar class WAI", anyway they think, no wonder at all, since it fits your style of simple gaming, if possible without challenges.

    2. Yet, Fingerz has never proven me anything to think otherwise, I am a person who can recognise her faults, and the day he's proven I am wrong I will openly admit.

    3. As mentioned, that's nothing personal, Fingerz, but prove me wrong, that's my challenge.

    Need to add: The few times I've seen you around was with Burglar class being extremely OP/broken and ezmoding, so far, yet, you can prove me wrong, have a good day.
    Last edited by Yuzuriha_EN; Jun 14 2019 at 09:48 AM.
    Farruquita (R13 Blackarrow) - Isabelpantoja (R12 Warg) - Laprimaderiesgo (R10 Reaver) - Exxuverancia (R10 Defiler) - Shakirah (R10 Warleader) - Sthlysia (R8 Spider) [Creep status: Ultra casual] | Yuzuriha (R10 Guardian) - Fresita (R7 Burglar) [Freep status: Retired since 2011] | LotRO since March 30, 2007 - Game's Founders Club

  13. #138
    Feel better now?
    lil 'obbit of Evernight...

    The Ascensio, Chaos Unbound, Paradox, Silent Paths, Ascension, Bonehunters, Legion of the Valar

  14. #139

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Fingerz View Post
    Feel better now?
    No, i feel exactly the same as when I give my opinion about others I consider ezmoding, told you, that's nothing personal, you can prove or not, that's your choice, same as it's my choice sharing opinions, just that. Areyekuwe and Magnumum took that as something personal, well, that's their problem. I think you can handle logic a lot better than them, and i just replied to the part you wrote: "Kinda looks personal to me lols". So, there's my reasons for saying it.
    Farruquita (R13 Blackarrow) - Isabelpantoja (R12 Warg) - Laprimaderiesgo (R10 Reaver) - Exxuverancia (R10 Defiler) - Shakirah (R10 Warleader) - Sthlysia (R8 Spider) [Creep status: Ultra casual] | Yuzuriha (R10 Guardian) - Fresita (R7 Burglar) [Freep status: Retired since 2011] | LotRO since March 30, 2007 - Game's Founders Club

  15. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Papou_sous_la_montagne View Post
    All is said. Thanks.
    If you think that your argument, that red burglars should not be viable in raids, follows from that statement, I'm afraid you don't understand logic, as a concept. Yellow burglars being a requirement doesn't mean red burglars shouldn't be viable. It's like saying healing RKs shouldn't be viable, because fire RKs are a requirement. It makes absolutely no sense.
    Feailuve, Akabath, Failure - Evernight
    Also known as Giliodor

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    Melee can output dps in that range, ranged from a far and has no rounds lost if target ever moves.
    Thus several classes received increase in melee range. I am proud to say that it was one of the things that was asking for all alone.
    And in reply to the above:

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeviternus View Post

    Except... the targets in raids do move. That's the whole point. In an actual raid environment, burglar DPS already eclipses that of hunters. I just have to repeat what I've already said, you don't seem to get things the first time around. Perhaps you should be a little less quick to respond, and a bit more mindful.
    This is good. Very good. Too good to really go on like that. No worries if you do not understand what I am talking about. Just remember that I liked it. (a lot!)
    Last edited by Areyekuwe; Jun 14 2019 at 02:32 PM.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    - It is the same stuff I wrote about and actual numbers are pretty HUGE. So, go ahead expect HUGE results.

    On my server we have several different class characters that put together complete armor sets of 355 item level gear that comes with 4 slots for essences. I have seen Guardian, Captain, Hunter, Burglar. this is 4 times 6, just from that. Yes, we are talking about same stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeviternus View Post
    I am not even sure what you're saying here, but in T3 raid gear, there are 36 essence slots to fill.
    Why is it possible in your world to pretend that you know everything but say things that start: "I am not even sure what you're saying here"

    Honestly I never pretended that I know everything, so I will say: I don't know what is Anvil T3 gear.
    I know the T2 Barter gear, and until recently there were not too many Burglars wearing it.
    Now that Burglar class is becoming popular with people that never considered it even. We will see more. It's a good thing.
    In my opinion, all good 120 gear has huge stats that will produce huge results. -For the Burglar on a side of DPS, if they want to.

    The famous 355 gear has more sockets as well, but that is only the armor pieces.
    All one would need to do is to inspect others, really. No deep knowledge is required.

    In regards to T2 and T3. I have gone there. I also believe that I have contributed the way that I thought was right and was expected of me.
    Last edited by Areyekuwe; Jun 14 2019 at 02:31 PM.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by OdysseyEvernight View Post
    this thread is quite amazing.

    short sum: areyekuwe got no idea about the class he plays while aeviternus doesnt play the class and got a lot more knowledge. gertes is correct aswell imo...

    logic should be enough but to give a few examples:50% heal with touch and go and you can do this twice in less then 1 second if you want and you gain 15% mitigations! ko reduce your incoming dmg (yeah not only melee anymore) down to 20% and you can do that for a total duration of 20sec if you want.
    Battle vanish to remove all aggro you have and even tho it should be use as a offensive skill only it simply is an emergency cooldown.
    ready and able is just the top of everything.

    sum:dps can stay as it is but simply remove nearly all of those defensive cooldowns. they arent needed at all and simply destroy fair balancing.
    I am not going to say "i know everything"
    And so not going to convince you.

    I just play the game and enjoy what I do. Forums, that's an extra for me.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzuriha_EN View Post

    <Deleted a bunch of important writing here>

    Need to add: The few times I've seen you around was with Burglar class being extremely OP/broken and ezmoding, so far, yet, you can prove me wrong, have a good day.
    Burglar Class was broken for over 5 years. According to my friends on the server since 2011 Great River update. I can not say anything about that from my experience because i was not around in 2011.

    However when forums fill up with Burglar Class playing members asking for a rework, that is when we can assume class is in trouble.
    -This is the kind of situation that took place on forums for about half a year leading up to the rework.

    Now we do not hear any of that, anymore.
    We hear only player envy "Too strong" or "Too many abilities" or even better one "I need to vent and Burglar is the reason I am unhappy"

    I wish you all were Happy.

    Cheers~
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

  20. #145
    Is all of this just so that you can your post count up? This is just sad to watch. Literally taking two separate posts to respond to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    This is good. Very good. Too good to really go on like that. No worries if you do not understand what I am talking about. Just remember I liked it.
    You really don't understand your own argument, do you. You said that ranged DPS is preferable because they don't lose DPS when the target moves. This argument is only valid when comparing dummy parses, which is where you've most likely seen this before and are now repeating it here because you think you have a point. You don't. The DPS parses I'm talking about come from the actual raid, where targets do move, and burglars are still the top DPS class, in spite of that.
    If anything, all that you've said here is that burglars are even more broken on a completely static fight, because there would be no movement at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    Why is it possible in your world to pretend that you know everything but say things that start: "I am not even sure what you're saying here"
    I don't pretend to understand your incoherent ramblings. I certainly understand the class that you call your main better than you do, despite not playing it, though. I also understand far more about raiding than you do, and I know that burglars are the top ST DPS in the game - something you constantly deny. You even claim that RKs are better than burglars, which is utterly ludicrous. I don't pretend to know everything, but I can confidently state that I know more than you with regards to the subject matter.

    Honestly I never pretended that I know everything, so I will say: I don't know what is Anvil T3 gear.
    I know the T2 Barter gear, and until recently there were not too many Burglars wearing it.
    Now that Burglar class is becoming popular with people that never considered it even. We will see more. It's a good thing.
    In my opinion, all good 120 gear has huge stats that will produce huge results. -For the Burglar on a side of DPS, if they want to.
    Which affects all classes equally. Completely irrelevant point.

    The famous 355 gear has more sockets as well, but there it is only limited to the armor pieces.
    All one would need to do is to inspect others, really. No deep knowledge is required.
    Again, completely irrelevant.

    In regards to T2 and T3. I have gone there. I also believe that I have contributed the way that I thought was right and was expected of me.
    What you believe in this regard is hardly relevant. Look up the Dunning-Kruger effect. Also, if you've done Anvil T3, you would know what T3 gear is. I doubt you're speaking the truth here.
    Feailuve, Akabath, Failure - Evernight
    Also known as Giliodor

  21. #146

    Thumbs up

    Reminder... For those lacking comprehension.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzuriha_EN View Post


    Farruquita (R13 Blackarrow) - Isabelpantoja (R12 Warg) - Laprimaderiesgo (R10 Reaver) - Exxuverancia (R10 Defiler) - Shakirah (R10 Warleader) - Sthlysia (R8 Spider) [Creep status: Ultra casual] | Yuzuriha (R10 Guardian) - Fresita (R7 Burglar) [Freep status: Retired since 2011] | LotRO since March 30, 2007 - Game's Founders Club

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,544
    Since this has devolved into mud slinging, the thread is now closed.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

 

 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload