We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Mac Wine client - Re-installation freezes

My connection is not that bad (150 Mb/s) but no matter how many times I have tried, the downloading of the Windows-based game files (guess the 39G of Mac files are useless now) freezes sooner or later, breaking the whole internet connection of the computer. I tried waiting to see if it somehow connected again and continued downloading, but after 8 hours I think it to no avail. The furthest I have reached is 15%. Any ideas? Is it definitely my connection or is there something I could do to alleviate the downloading effort?
    Thanks in advance!!

P.S. I haven’t read any post reporting this problem, so...

Thanks for reaching out!

Are you noticing this issue during the launcher's patching process? If so, do you notice it after the mac goes to sleep?

Historically, we've had various patching issues revolving around a mac going to sleep. Something about the way processes are suspended (even with the native mac launcher) would break the state of all networking within the launcher. As far as breaking networking outside of the launcher, I am unsure of our ability to fix this. Ideally this would not be possible, however I don't doubt this sort of thing can happen. Once the launcher is running, we have virtually zero interaction with the mac operating system, and detecting/fixing issues (such as going into sleep mode) may prove difficult. If we can track down what's causing this, our best bet would be cutting the issue off at the source.

Please let us know of any additional information you think would be helpful in solving this issue.

Oops sorry, wrong thread.
    Last edited by He11ion; Jun 07 2019 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cydrith View Post
    Thanks for reaching out!

Are you noticing this issue during the launcher's patching process? If so, do you notice it after the mac goes to sleep?
    Thanks to you for your availability!

The issue is the Internet connection getting "stuck" after a while while downloading the game files (once the Wine client downloaded and installed). It is not that the mac goes to sleep, and not that the connection is lost (for the computer keeps being connected to the Wifi signal, only not working). I have had to reboot everytime for the connection to unfreeze, and then run the client again for the downloading process to continue. Luckily, the files downloaded until the connection "stucks" (about 3G) remain, and with seven reboots I have been able to download almost the whole game files (hopefully this afternoon's reboot will be the last).