We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 134
  1. #26
    Crash to desktop during Defence of Harwick Public Instance.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    I had a kinmate on Evernight crash in the EXACT same spot of the start of the new Black Book of Mordor Instance where you go into caves with crystals in them.
    On exactly that place I did not crash but the client somehow lost sync with the character movements so the camera did not follow and was stuck. I logged out and in again and all was fine.

    No crashes so far despite doing all the instances and quests related to chapter 9 and Vale of Anduin.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Posts
    17
    Tried out the 64-bit client last night and it worked great for 30 minutes or so, by which point it crashed. I was questing in Moria (Nud-Melek), not doing any raid, not entering a new area or anything.

    Granted, it is still in beta, so I'm optimistic that they'll iron out whatever causes the crashes

  4. #29
    I've had the odd crash or two, one just in Belfalas housing today. But the sound is not always booting up. Sometimes I log in and it's there, other times everything is absolutely silent-no music, no background noises, nothing. Anyone else having this problem? Know of something I can do to fix it?

  5. #30
    Runs very well on landscape; I CTD on Pelennor Fields/MT regularly on 32-bit, not so on the 64-bit. But every instance I've done, solo, raid, public, private, I've crashed almost immediately and multiple times until I switch back to 32-bit. Something must be up but I'm not sure what. Hopefully we can get some answers from the devs.
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 120~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 115~~~Gwynduilas: High Elleth Captain lvl 62 ~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 28
    Kin: Defiance
    Evernight

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    103
    My 64.bit ran smooth for about 8 hours, but crashed in the warg instance 3x times in 15 minutes...

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Formenos
    Posts
    1,423
    Few crashes few and there will not stop me. I have had multiple crashes in certain areas but I always keep coming back.
    .
    Speaking from personal experience:

    I never crashed on travel which includes the use of Stable master/Map/Mithil coin or perhaps certain travel skills. Return to and so on..

    I did crashed in combat only and I tested it closely and carefully. It happened instantly when I was executing particular skill on my Guardian near the Ungoladan camp , Blomgard.

    Regarding General performance with the exception of occasional sound bug which will force me to restart the client and few crashes my game performs greater than before. Keep in mind I have all settings on Ultra with AA on and DirectX 11 Enabled.

    In some areas FPS is improved, I did noticed less lag, it can be complicated for new players or those starting to explain. For example nearly every Post Rohan Landscape zone and even Minas Tirith main gate is notable. I stutter less and my overall game-play is faster and more fluid. I do not even get delay when taking screenshots,deconstructing relics or switching Legendary weapons.

    Furthermore I have not experienced severe FPS drops,massive stuttering, War-steed lag,skill delay,screen freezes any kind of errors or instant crashes upon launching the game. Do please be aware 64 bit client is a step forward and to be sincere overall an excellent improvement but it will not do wonders for thee:

    You cannot beat the old Engine and your performance will drop inevtiably and no client or machine will save one when you battle with enormous amounts of units on the screen. Fields of Onslaught and Battle of Morannon as the best exception or some ultra sensitive areas still present in game.

    Best Regards,
    Valainantiel,High Queen of the Noldor.

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Galwing View Post
    Hello,
    I can't get in the game at all when I switch to 64bit.
    The launcher crashes as soon as I hit "Play"
    Had this same thing happen, re-download the Direct X files through the launcher. Should fix it.

  9. #34
    My experience has been somewhat different so far: not a SINGLE crash with x64 client. Been playing roughly 4-5 hours continouesly per day after U24 launch.
    On a landscape i've been actually trying to get client to crash (porting around a lot between MT, Bree, different Rohan regions, jumping to random instances in between), so far no "luck"

    Also, on thursday evening we did full Anvil T2 run with kin and it worked bloody perfectly for me. Ran with full graphics (Ultra +some extra tweaking, 1440p resolution, Very High textures, DirectX 11 etc). And to my big surprise FPS was through the roof too, compared to x86 client, FPS practically doubled for me.
    Sadly lots of other people crashed a lot during raid and they eventually switched to x86 client, so i'm not sure what is going on there

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxlne View Post
    My experience has been somewhat different so far: not a SINGLE crash with x64 client. Been playing roughly 4-5 hours continouesly per day after U24 launch.
    On a landscape i've been actually trying to get client to crash (porting around a lot between MT, Bree, different Rohan regions, jumping to random instances in between), so far no "luck"

    Also, on thursday evening we did full Anvil T2 run with kin and it worked bloody perfectly for me. Ran with full graphics (Ultra +some extra tweaking, 1440p resolution, Very High textures, DirectX 11 etc). And to my big surprise FPS was through the roof too, compared to x86 client, FPS practically doubled for me.
    Sadly lots of other people crashed a lot during raid and they eventually switched to x86 client, so i'm not sure what is going on there
    If you post your system specs, and if you used lua plugins, Discord etc, perhaps the players crashing can narrow it down.

    I suspect it is a 3rd party software (such as discord) causing the issues, but as I dont use them, I am unable to test any permutations.

    it wouldnt be the first time a 3rd party program has broken the game after an update to one or the other.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,880
    So far I've had only one crash on the 64-bit client when doing quest instances in the Vales of Anduin, other then that its been fine, no big issues or anything, mostly smooth sailing. though haven't done any Instances/Raids since update so don't know if a lot of issues are there on my end yet.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.


    Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    If you post your system specs, and if you used lua plugins, Discord etc, perhaps the players crashing can narrow it down.

    I suspect it is a 3rd party software (such as discord) causing the issues, but as I dont use them, I am unable to test any permutations.

    it wouldnt be the first time a 3rd party program has broken the game after an update to one or the other.
    Yes fault can't be from lotro.


  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    If you post your system specs, and if you used lua plugins, Discord etc, perhaps the players crashing can narrow it down.

    I suspect it is a 3rd party software (such as discord) causing the issues, but as I dont use them, I am unable to test any permutations.

    it wouldnt be the first time a 3rd party program has broken the game after an update to one or the other.
    In raids i use only Combat Analysis and SuperChrono Plugins, plus Discord.
    I run game in Windows 10 Pro (1809 build).

    If it's any help this is my PC-s specs. I don't use the latest nVidia drivers, atm i have version 425.31.


    Video Settings i use:


    Audio Settings i use:

  14. #39
    On the landscape, I've had zero problems and no crashes since the 64-bit client went live. I've been able to run everything seamlessly on ultra high for hours on end, taking multiple trips through Bree and the areas surrounding Minas Tirith.

    However, instances are a different story. The first night, I ran a pugged Thikil-gundul. All of us that had been using the 64-bit client crashed multiple times, usually every 5-10 minutes. Those of us that swapped back to 32-bit after several aggravating and inconvenient crashes had zero problems. The same thing happened to those running the 64-bit client last night when my kin ran Barad Guldur crashed repeatedly. We had to swap back to the 32-bit clients and the random crashes stopped.

    In either case, no plugins were running. No discord. No third party software.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Stewartstown, PA
    Posts
    443
    Crashed twice, once in the cave behind the throne instance and yesterday in goblin town where I died upon return. In both cases, switched back to 32-bit. It took a really long time to rejoin staring at the "Cleaning up old connection" message.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathrien_Estelenlaer View Post
    On the landscape, I've had zero problems and no crashes since the 64-bit client went live. I've been able to run everything seamlessly on ultra high for hours on end, taking multiple trips through Bree and the areas surrounding Minas Tirith.

    However, instances are a different story. The first night, I ran a pugged Thikil-gundul. All of us that had been using the 64-bit client crashed multiple times, usually every 5-10 minutes. Those of us that swapped back to 32-bit after several aggravating and inconvenient crashes had zero problems. The same thing happened to those running the 64-bit client last night when my kin ran Barad Guldur crashed repeatedly. We had to swap back to the 32-bit clients and the random crashes stopped.

    In either case, no plugins were running. No discord. No third party software.
    OK, thanks, any of the post spec above match your system?? NV gfx for example??

    I cant really think of much right now, I have a migraine that has been building up for the last 10 hours or so.

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    I think it might be audio related. I had a kinmate on Evernight crash in the EXACT same spot of the start of the new Black Book of Mordor Instance where you go into caves with crystals in them.
    That spot seems to be cursed for me. Second character running through that instance and crash number three in that exact same spot

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Feuerhaar View Post
    That spot seems to be cursed for me. Second character running through that instance and crash number three in that exact same spot
    Did you move around a bit before the crash? I know I did before the "thing" happened where my movements lost sync with the game camera. As I said, game never crashed for me, but after I logged back in I was careful not to move around before cue by Gandalf.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    Did you move around a bit before the crash? I know I did before the "thing" happened where my movements lost sync with the game camera. As I said, game never crashed for me, but after I logged back in I was careful not to move around before cue by Gandalf.
    I am talking about the crystal cave behind the throne room in Skarhald where you Need to search for the hidden exit at the bottom.

  20. #45
    Day 1 and 2 of the update, had a very good experience with the x64 client, smooth, stable, high fps and almost no lag/rubberbanding. After I was done with the new area solo and started grouping, crashes became a thing. Fellowhsip/Raid - 100% crash every time, so I had to switch to 32bit for any group play. Talking to people, it appears more of them than not, had similar experience - solo landscape -> fine, grouping -> crashes.

  21. #46
    We can now officially call this game "lords of the crash or lords of the freeze".

    For my self, the game freeze every 30 minutes on lands. I have lose the taste of play lotro.

    Once again this migration to 64bit is a big failure and I got the bad feeling that is situation will stay the rule..
    I got the feeling that SSG don't have the level in programmation to have a clean game.
    There are also on logic of a escape with trying to release things that there are not ready to be released.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Coimbra
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by xraedd View Post
    We can now officially call this game "lords of the crash or lords of the freeze".

    For my self, the game freeze every 30 minutes on lands. I have lose the taste of play lotro.

    Once again this migration to 64bit is a big failure and I got the bad feeling that is situation will stay the rule..
    I got the feeling that SSG don't have the level in programmation to have a clean game.
    There are also on logic of a escape with trying to release things that there are not ready to be released.
    Ridiculous. Just because you have a bad experience with the new client (which is still a beta) does not mean everyone else is affected. Now tell us more about your experience with the client so that we can help with troubleshooting
    The Champion of Eriador, Man-at-Arms Melvargil Eaglewing, Lord of the Ashen Wastes.

    Geek Pub, Evernight

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,736
    Crashed once solo right outside one of the Vales woodmen towns yesterday, not even in combat.
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone / Landroval / Anor

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,636
    I had suspected that the crashes might be caused by some sort of audio issue so I recommended to my friends running the 64-bit client on raids to check the box for "Disable Game Audio" or something like that. Basically completely disable all sound in the game.

    Their crashing stopped... so if anyone else wants to test this, try to find a place or situation where crashing will occur and just disable the sounds and see if your client survives.

    This, of course, is not optimal because sound is kind of important....
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    446
    Sound

    In an attempt to contribute: Around Gondor release a problem arose whilst dual boxing. The combat music is particularly grating there to my tastes, all violins. What happens is that one client would end up constantly playing the combat music instead of reverting back. It maybe that it's just more noticeable in areas where the combat music takes over elsewhere it's not so noticeable. But I was out there dual boxing some old deeds running 64-bit this week and it was the client suffering the sound issue that just dropped out - crash to desktop. At the time I figured I was pushing the limits running two 64-bit clients with my rig and reverted back to 32-bit for that session.


    If some of the issues are sound connected maybe any anecdotal sound issue might give some pointers.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light

 

 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload