We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Issue launching game after loading Update 24

After updating the game, logged in like normal with no problems till I got to the first splash screen. Splash screen flickered, popped up with an identical splash screen, and then got an error saying “Connexion failed: You do not have the current version of the client installed.” Have never had this issue before, and game ran fine yesterday. Have run repair option from login drop down menu, etc., etc. don’t want to have to delete and reinstall game if I can help it. Thoughts?

Same thing

Bummer, finally got all downloaded, wife went to bed, ready to go
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000062025/01003/signature.png]Aldwignath[/charsig]

Need to download Wine

So after doing more research found out that I have to download Wine. What a pain. Better be worth it.

This had better work without 'WINE" - I don't want to have to figure out how to run the dang Windows version. What is going on?

Angry Me too

Whaaat!?!?

I've just done the update, and same....

I have to install WINE? WTAF?!?

Really? Is that the solution? Please tell me it's not and this is a nasty rumour...

Don't think you actually have to go and install WINE I think they have it all wrapped up in to a simple installer thing..

they mention in here what you need to install
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...r-201-solution

and which is what I have done.. and now I have a lot of time to read the forums while waiting for the client to actually finish..
    it seems to have reached a stage where it appers to be doing nothing but there are some files that are increasing in size so something must be doing something

there is a file called 'lotrolive.exe' which in the last 1hr has gone from 10mb to 40mb..

think I saw some ants carrying my data packets to and fro the internet....

You do not have to install WINE. Simply run the lotrolive.dmg file from the download section.
    "The turtle is my trinket". Founder of Club Slowtro.
    Tolkien fan and LOTRO completionist, taking my time to see all the places. Clabauterman on Steam.

I am struggling with logging in to the game.

I have completed the update with the new client shared by developers here for mac (which means i have downloaded the whole game+update 24 for wine client).
    However even after everything is finished... every time I am trying to log in to the game with the new wine client it crashes after I accept the server i want to be in.

Has anyone else also encountered this problem? If so have you managed to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by faikbalkuv View Post

"I have completed the update with the new client shared by developers here for mac (which means i have downloaded the whole game+update 24 for wine client).
    However even after everything is finished... every time I am trying to log in to the game with the new wine client it crashes after I accept the server i want to be in.

Has anyone else also encountered this problem? If so have you managed to fix it?
    "

Hello! I have the same problem. I tried to reinstall the whole game but sill got the same crash. I renamed the "Lord of the rings online" folder but still got the same issue. Don't know what to do.

I have completed the update with the new client shared by developers here for mac (which means i have downloaded the whole game+update 24 for wine client).

I got the same issue on Osx 10.10.5 or futher.

Only way I found to solve crash at the launching is to download the windows client, not the mac dmg ####ed ssg files, and then right click on it and open it with wine stable.

You need to keep the lotrolive.exe instal file on you computer because you need to use every time to launch the game. It look like a reinstall the game but it's not.

Worked for me.

Please see my post on the upgrade process: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...42#post7938242 as it might shed some light.

For those who are still having issues with wine emulator crashes as you try to log-in after the update 24, if you upgrade your OSX the problem is automatically fixed.

I have upgraded from Yosemite to Mojave and all i had to do is restart the game client and it automatically launched the game properly.

The only issue with the Wine is that if i take my time too long tabbed out of the game, it doesn't tab back to the game properly, which i have to restart the game.

For those who are still having issues with wine emulator crashes as you try to log-in after the update 24, if you upgrade your OSX the problem is automatically fixed.

I have upgraded from Yosemite to Mojave and all i had to do is restart the game client and it automatically launched the game properly.

The only issue with the Wine is that if i take my time too long tabbed out of the game, it doesn't tab back to the game properly, which i have to restart the game.
    That is actually a great idea! I should have mentioned it in my "troubleshooting guide" to the upgrade.

That is actually a great idea! I should have posted in my troubleshooting guide to the upgrade…