We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 41 of 41
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Tower Hills
    Posts
    723
    that's a lot of gulmarks

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    2,462

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Reclaiming the Grey Embers increased from 500 -> 750
    Reclaiming the Grey (Advanced) no longer offers Embers
    Reclaiming the Grey (Final) no longer offers Embers
    Longbeard Marks for Embers rewards decreased from 1000 -> 500

    New U24 quest, Protecting the Beornings, offers 750 Embers weekly
    New U24 Quest, Protecting the Woodmen, offers 750 Embers Weekly
    New U24 quest, Gúlmarks for Embers, offers 500 Embers weekly

    Overall, there are 750 more Embers available on a weekly basis, provided you are running relevant endgame content for Update 24.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbylobs View Post
    Yes, but the vales quest cool down is 3 days, hence 150 Gulmarks for 1000 embers / week
    Still seems like alot more grinding for 1000 Embers compared to before when simply doing 1 to 1 1/2 resource instances with included quests that gave You enough Longbeard Marks to barter for 1000 Embers in Skarhald (yes now only 500). I guess someone decided it was too easy to get Embers and more grind was needed.

    And You still can't even cancel "Advanced" and "Final" versions of "Reclaiming the Grey" right ??? Meaning You have to do all 3 quest versions to even get back to first basic version of the quest that is the only one now rewarding Embers. At least SSG could make "Advanced" and "Final" being able to be cancelled, so that next week You could start with the basic version and not need to do the "Advanced" and "Final" simply to access the basic version again. If it is possible to cancel them then it's at least a bit better. I tried cancel the first basic version the other day (just to test) and that can not be cancelled it seems. The cancel button can not be clicked. I assume it's the same for "Advanced" and "Final" but not 100% sure. Maybe someone else have tested that and can verify if they can be cancelled or not ???
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Jun 13 2019 at 02:19 PM.

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Still seems like alot more grinding for 1000 Embers compared to before when simply doing 1 to 1 1/2 resource instances with included quests that gave You enough Longbeard Marks to barter for 1000 Embers in Skarhald (yes now only 500). I guess someone decided it was too easy to get Embers and more grind was needed.

    And You still can't even cancel "Advanced" and "Final" versions of "Reclaiming the Grey" right ??? Meaning You have to do all 3 quest versions to even get back to first basic version of the quest that is the only one now rewarding Embers. At least SSG could make "Advanced" and "Final" being able to be cancelled, so that next week You could start with the basic version and not need to do the "Advanced" and "Final" simply to access the basic version again. If it is possible to cancel them then it's at least a bit better. I tried cancel the first basic version the other day (just to test) and that can not be cancelled it seems. The cancel button can not be clicked. I assume it's the same for "Advanced" and "Final" but not 100% sure. Maybe someone else have tested that and can verify if they can be cancelled or not ???

    I have (FINAL) active now and the cancel button is greyed out on it, so I would say you are right, you have to complete the whole loop to get back to the embers reward

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    438
    The second Reclaiming the Grey (Advanced) is maybe worth doing for the Dwarrowgleam Shard. The third (Final) isn't really worth doing anymore. Whichever of those two you're on, it will self cancel when the server does the overnight reset Saturday/Sunday.




    [edit: Dwarrowgleam not Dwarrowmark]
    Last edited by Nzin; Jun 16 2019 at 12:44 PM.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    2,462

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbylobs View Post
    I have (FINAL) active now and the cancel button is greyed out on it, so I would say you are right, you have to complete the whole loop to get back to the embers reward
    As I thought then. Thank You for testing and confirming it !!!

    I personally will not go through all that each week, just to get back to the basic version that rewards Embers, then do 2 more tiers/versions of it again just to be able to do the basic again. Rinse and repeat each week for 750 Embers. Way too many other grinds in the game as it is, to go through 2 tiers that doesn't reward much now. This has at least for me killed yet another source of Embers that could be earned in-game. Mission accomplished I guess. However I will still not resort to lootboxes either. In that sense (at least with me) mission failed.

    All it will result in is less game play from me. In fact it alreday has.

    Since U24 I have played alot less than I have in a long time before that. Even taking characters through The Vales Of Anduin to simply end up in even more grinds to maybe earn as much Embers as before for alot more time, effort, work (whatever) invested is not appealing to me at all. I accept some grind. I can even sometimes chose to grind XP on alts and enjoy it rather than questing. Of course depending on what I feel like that day, but the grinds are going overboard in LoTRO atm, in my opinion anyway (I can't speak for others). More and more reminding me of some East Asian style designed Grind MMO RPG. I don't play mobile games or East Asian style MMO RPGs designed around grind and a store with boosters and/or lootboxes to by-pass the grind. That was not what I had in mind back in 2007 when starting to play LoTRO. Some grind and repeat is inevitable in MMO RPG's and that I accept. I even accepted the LI Grind as "the one" big grind when there wasn't this many other grinds, but this is getting out of hand. Grind, upon grind, upon grind with less and less rewards and more and more things needed that requires grinds.

    Again in my opinion. Other are free to disagree of course, but I have said my piece.

    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzin View Post
    The second Reclaiming the Grey (Advanced) is maybe worth doing for the Dwarrowmark Shard. The third (Final) isn't really worth doing anymore. Whichever of those two you're on, it will self cancel when the server does the overnight reset Saturday/Sunday.
    Aha, now that puts it in a new perspective. The basic version does not auto-cancel, as I have characters on like 5/20, 10/20 and they still are on those numbers after the weekly reset. Not been at 5/20 or 10/20 over a reset in "Advanced" or "Final". If they get auto-cancelled and You start the new week with the basic version again, then that's all fine and not at all as bad as I thought when getting confirmation (above) that "Advanced" and "Final" can not be cancelled by the player. So if if they acctually auto-cancel upon weekly reset then I'm fine with it. That changes my previous criticism.

    Thank You Nzin for that additional info !!!
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Jun 13 2019 at 03:01 PM.

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I got some (valid) criticism for posting in that thread, but my questionable intention at the time was just to find a place to get it in front of a bunch of people I knew would want to see it. So:

    Reclaiming the Grey Embers increased from 500 -> 750
    Reclaiming the Grey (Advanced) no longer offers Embers
    Reclaiming the Grey (Final) no longer offers Embers
    Longbeard Marks for Embers rewards decreased from 1000 -> 500

    New U24 quest, Protecting the Beornings, offers 750 Embers weekly
    New U24 Quest, Protecting the Woodmen, offers 750 Embers Weekly
    New U24 quest, Gúlmarks for Embers, offers 500 Embers weekly

    Overall, there are 750 more Embers available on a weekly basis, provided you are running relevant endgame content for Update 24.
    Let me see if I'm reading this correctly. Now that I've finally arrived at Ered Mithrin, I'm significantly hindered (looks like a 50% hit to me) earning Embers while I work the zone until I move on to the Vales?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoroval View Post
    Let me see if I'm reading this correctly. Now that I've finally arrived at Ered Mithrin, I'm significantly hindered (looks like a 50% hit to me) earning Embers while I work the zone until I move on to the Vales?
    Define "work the zone". If it means running various storyline quests and Epic, then no you are NOT hindered. Cause you have no access to any ember-earning dailies until you complete all the quest lines. So it really does not matter to you how many embers those dailies reward.

    Now once you finish EM quests, and unlock dailies, you can right away do 'marks for embers', and yeah, that will be 500 less embers than before. You may also do your first daily round of craft instances, getting to 16/20 on first RtG meta. Assuming you can beat the scourges.

    Now comes the REAL BIG QUESTION. Are you just gonna stay there and just grind the EM dailes? Or you are going to proceed with the epic and the Vale content?

    If for whatever reason you decide to stay, then yeah, you get 750 for first RtG, and thats it. 1250 embers per week where it used to be 2500. Unless you can get in on 3 and 6 man instances.

    However if you decide to head into Vale, you will start getting purple and blue lvl 376 rewards there, which will be lots better than your EM quest rewards. And last I checked EM rewards ash to 200 embers each. Completing Vale content will take less than a week, earn you 7-8 ember equivalent blue items, and let you earn 3250 embers per week with less effort than previously got you 2500. And also enough tokens per week to barter a couple other blue pieces.

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Define "work the zone". If it means running various storyline quests and Epic, then no you are NOT hindered. Cause you have no access to any ember-earning dailies until you complete all the quest lines. So it really does not matter to you how many embers those dailies reward.

    Now once you finish EM quests, and unlock dailies, you can right away do 'marks for embers', and yeah, that will be 500 less embers than before. You may also do your first daily round of craft instances, getting to 16/20 on first RtG meta. Assuming you can beat the scourges.

    Now comes the REAL BIG QUESTION. Are you just gonna stay there and just grind the EM dailes? Or you are going to proceed with the epic and the Vale content?

    If for whatever reason you decide to stay, then yeah, you get 750 for first RtG, and thats it. 1250 embers per week where it used to be 2500. Unless you can get in on 3 and 6 man instances.

    However if you decide to head into Vale, you will start getting purple and blue lvl 376 rewards there, which will be lots better than your EM quest rewards. And last I checked EM rewards ash to 200 embers each. Completing Vale content will take less than a week, earn you 7-8 ember equivalent blue items, and let you earn 3250 embers per week with less effort than previously got you 2500. And also enough tokens per week to barter a couple other blue pieces.
    "work" "grind" Doesn't matter. Bottom line: Skip what's left of Ered Mithrin. Come back later just to finish off the rep. Yet another reason in a 6+ year line of reasons SSG... /shrug

    Thanks for the reply.

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Nope, its 75 Gulmarks for 500, and longbeard tokens (forget how many, haven't done that quest since about February) for the other 500.
    25 longbeard tokens.

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Catburg View Post
    I'd like to know this too. If the Skarhald dailies are totally pointless even for gearing capped alts I'll run my lower level alt and play the lower areas until the bugs and exploits have been ironed out.
    No they are not pointless in a sense that barter gear in Skarhald is still better. What we can get from Vales, at least so far observed, are new and better LI relics, recipes for better off hand weapons, instruments and shields. Rest is lots of nice fluff items. So armor and jewellery you would mainly still want to get in Skarhald, unless they are nerfed, which I don't know indeed as I haven't bartered any lately.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirhaen View Post
    No they are not pointless in a sense that barter gear in Skarhald is still better. What we can get from Vales, at least so far observed, are new and better LI relics, recipes for better off hand weapons, instruments and shields. Rest is lots of nice fluff items. So armor and jewellery you would mainly still want to get in Skarhald, unless they are nerfed, which I don't know indeed as I haven't bartered any lately.
    The quest givers for dailies have a set of barters for their respective tokens (beorning/woidmen) including a fairly large selection of blue 376 gear (same stats as ember) armor going for 45, jewelry gor 18. They do not cover all slots, though. Still, my estimate is Vales will let a new player gear up at least 2x faster.

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    The quest givers for dailies have a set of barters for their respective tokens (beorning/woidmen) including a fairly large selection of blue 376 gear (same stats as ember) armor going for 45, jewelry gor 18. They do not cover all slots, though. Still, my estimate is Vales will let a new player gear up at least 2x faster.
    You might be right, I just don't know yet. I unlocked dailies two days ago and as those npcs had nothing for me to upgrade on my first alt in Vales, I've turned to Radagast as I would like to get new portrait frame. I picked up all quests from him, and I got headache It's the same problem as with this embers nerf, that is to say one has to invest more time needlessly. They keep people busy in wrong ways. So yes, I sure hope that you are right and that gearing for people will be faster in Vales

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirhaen View Post
    You might be right, I just don't know yet. I unlocked dailies two days ago and as those npcs had nothing for me to upgrade on my first alt in Vales, I've turned to Radagast as I would like to get new portrait frame. I picked up all quests from him, and I got headache It's the same problem as with this embers nerf, that is to say one has to invest more time needlessly. They keep people busy in wrong ways. So yes, I sure hope that you are right and that gearing for people will be faster in Vales
    I held off entering the Vales until after the point update. Only just completed the quest lines on my first character through.

    I'm a bit disillusioned with Radagast: the Beornings' exploitation of animals, he has me having to beat on badgers to pacify them, stick before carrot, typical grooming technique. Then the idea he's responsible for the good and bad of skin-changers. I don't mind the fishing but I usually get enough of it during the summer festival, I ask myself if I'll be burnt out before it starts this year. Who knows if the next dot update has him offering something else that I'll want to barter. Better to have currency that not though.

    I did get the cyan quest rewards, IL 376. Meaning I could replace the odd LI 370/371 piece I still had equipped and upgrade the essence on each. Being close to cap on Embers and having the virtue exp tied up with embers I'm veering towards the barter boxes in Skarhold for the marginal gains and save my new coins. These pieces will get me some embers when I'm done with them that the Vales pieces won't. Raiders must be sick of Embers currency cap popups. Am I missing a new Embers barter npc? Seems such a waste if working on Virtues and loosing out on embers due to cap. I have to work on virtues now because I'd worked far too hard on them before.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light

  14. #39

    Not the end of the world

    After all, we (well, most of us) are in it for the long haul. Seems that if a quest rewards goal takes 1.5 weeks instead of 1 week exact, we all still win.
    And get to play longer.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    I assume it's the same for "Advanced" and "Final" but not 100% sure. Maybe someone else have tested that and can verify if they can be cancelled or not ???
    Actually Jufunkta, The quest auto-cancels when the weekly reset occurs. at least teh advanced and Final do.

    I know that the basic one does not.

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    I'm a bit disillusioned with Radagast: the Beornings' exploitation of animals, he has me having to beat on badgers to pacify them, stick before carrot, typical grooming technique. Then the idea he's responsible for the good and bad of skin-changers. I don't mind the fishing but I usually get enough of it during the summer festival, I ask myself if I'll be burnt out before it starts this year. Who knows if the next dot update has him offering something else that I'll want to barter. Better to have currency that not though.
    I saw quests and decided to skip them, although I do like pets and deco and am in charge of the kin house besides my own... Instead I've brought second alt to Vales.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    Raiders must be sick of Embers currency cap popups.
    Oh I wish! Most of us, at least in my surrounding, have all or nearly all classes on end level. Not like I'm going to gear every single one of them, I gave up on it some time ago in order to be able to do also other things in the game. Nor I'm equally skilled on all classes. Still plenty to do anyway. New essences requires ashing old ones (for malleables), so grinding reclamation scrolls yet again. And now also bartering for essences in Skarhald just to ash them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    Am I missing a new Embers barter npc? Seems such a waste if working on Virtues and loosing out on embers due to cap. I have to work on virtues now because I'd worked far too hard on them before.
    No, at least I haven't seen any new NPC for embers. Yes. many people are back deeding. Well, that's my main issue, having always so much to do and with time it suck up all joy out of it :/ Also, some things show sort of like a lost touch of reality on developers side. For example, I just obtained new scholar recipe that gives +1% on both mits and 1 such scrolls requires 2 Artifacts. One scroll. That would make sense only if Artifacts are raining down on us, which they don't. Also I don't see the use of such scroll. Boost is too little. Obviously raiders don't need it. So why such mats requirement? If that was to help less geared groups, it should cost way less to make it and surely not require a raid item.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload