We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Crafting guilds are dead cause SSG choose to kill them. Some time ago raiding was dead also (remember when DA dailies and BBs were the endgame?), but now its better than those days for raiders. Why not keep everyone happy? Each dollar counts the same, is it from raiders, casuals, crafters etc.

I prefer them leave the crafted relics as they were until now (bound to char, only max guilded crafters can make them) and add a new relic to the raid significantly stronger than the crafted one (even if they make it 5-10 times stronger its fine by me).
    Thorgull lvl 105 Champion - Malendar lvl 115 Warden - Estelldion lvl 101 LoreMaster - Ballduin lvl 36 Runekeeper - Nharduil lvl 17 Minstrel All on Evernight

Malenborn - Warden & Athanandor - Hunter on Crickhollow (Casual Wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by Kostas2112 View Post
    Crafting guilds are dead cause SSG choose to kill them. Some time ago raiding was dead also (remember when DA dailies and BBs were the endgame?), but now its better than those days for raiders. Why not keep everyone happy? Each dollar counts the same, is it from raiders, casuals, crafters etc.

I prefer them leave the crafted relics as they were until now (bound to char, only max guilded crafters can make them) and add a new relic to the raid significantly stronger than the crafted one (even if they make it 5-10 times stronger its fine by me).
    Well atm the new golden are 10 times stronger as the old renewed ones.
    So it should be fine to you?

Yes a raid-only relic thats 10 times better than the best crafted one its fine by me.

I just want people that enjoy crafting, to have something to earn for their effort too. Something exclusive to them. Not a BIS relic in general, but something that only the best crafters can make.

As for me, since i dont like crafting and dont raid, nowdays, i think i'll pass on both of them.
    Thorgull lvl 105 Champion - Malendar lvl 115 Warden - Estelldion lvl 101 LoreMaster - Ballduin lvl 36 Runekeeper - Nharduil lvl 17 Minstrel All on Evernight

Malenborn - Warden & Athanandor - Hunter on Crickhollow (Casual Wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by Kostas2112 View Post
    Yes a raid-only relic thats 10 times better than the best crafted one its fine by me.

I just want people that enjoy crafting, to have something to earn for their effort too. Something exclusive to them. Not a BIS relic in general, but something that only the best crafters can make.

As for me, since i dont like crafting and dont raid, nowdays, i think i'll pass on both of them.
    But who are the best crafters?
    Skill level ironfold or maxed guild rep?

But I agree atm every fraction do their own stuff.
    In my eyes we should get bound together.
    Which could be possible with unbound items wtih raid materials. Raiders collect and the crafters craft.
    So everyone could decide if he want to be a citizen which helps eachother work for work (collecting for crafting) or be part of a merchant +mercenary side (mercenaries sell the items say 1k each the merchant buys them craft them to a relic and sell them for x + y[with x number of bought items times 1k and y free choosen as a win/saving that they can craft the items one day for themself.])

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Galtrev the last crafted relics weren't an Ressource instance, you needed to defend Galtrev. And for that you needed at least to know we're the enemies spawn to kill them fast enough before they destroyed a house and you failed.
    And with not fair between the jobs, I wanted to say that a cook has much more work to do as a scholar for example. So this golden items should be at least only bound to account.
    At last why the hack you guys want allways everything for nearly nothing. To do a something for an item fellsuch better as get it gived.
    Mukor, you're the one here saying that the relics should be bound to account and it feels better to have it given. That's a lot closer to wanting something for nothing than any crafter wanting to keep (note* not get as in some new shiny thing) their unique reward for the work they put in. They've done the work Mukor, they have mastered their guild and their expertise is what reaps the reward - a crafted relic that only they can make. A raider masters the skills they need to complete a raid and reap their reward, a unique piece of raid gear. That should never be taken away from you, and moved over to Hobnanigans, or Skirmishes or anywhere else. The unique crafted relic shouldn't be taken away from guild crafters, and moved to a raid, or anywhere else either. That's the bottom line.

Defending Galtrev is like a Skirmish, really, really simple to do. It's a complete doddle compared with Death from Below - which is still miles away from a t2 raid, so you're still comparing apples with oranges here.

It's really clear from your posts that crafting isn't your bag. Cooks do not have anywhere near the work to do as scholars. Cooks grow their mats, scholars have to run around mob ridden camps to find theirs.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

And you guys should have realized that crafting guilds are dead.

Even if we get ironfold guild reputation this would be around 500k rep.
    And I doupt that you guys crafted repitems the last years and filled all your inventory, bank etc just for the hope that there will be one day that you can use it.

But maybe we should add both, you need guldrep and the items off the raid and the crafted relics unbound
    It´s one game either you do all aspects or you miss some or you make a deal, giving 6 fragments to a crafter he build one for him and one for you.

Then we would be a society with craftemen (townsfolk) and warriors both fractions need the other to survive.
    Crafters won't mind one bit if it takes 500K rep. They craft - that's what they do. Regardless, even if guild crafting is dead, it still doesn't warrant moving what should be a gated behind a max guilded player behind a raid gate. There is nothing right in that at all.

No, there shouldn't be a raid item required, and the relic should be bound, as it always has been. Then it will work like this . . . . If you want one Mukor - do the work, and make one. That's what you're defending here, the fact that "you" want something, without putting in any work for it that isn't to your taste.

You're whole "one game either you do all aspects or you miss some" argument is well and truly debunked. You want guild crafters items, without doing any guild crafting, and hey - you got it.

No wonder people are leaving the main servers, and even the game.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Jun 21 2019 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Mukor, you're the one here saying that the relics should be bound to account and it feels better to have it given. That's a lot closer to wanting something for nothing than any crafter wanting to keep (note* not get as in some new shiny thing) their unique reward for the work they put in. They've done the work Mukor, they have mastered their guild and their expertise is what reaps the reward - a crafted relic that only they can make. A raider masters the skills they need to complete a raid and reap their reward, a unique piece of raid gear. That should never be taken away from you, and moved over to Hobnanigans, or Skirmishes or anywhere else. The unique crafted relic shouldn't be taken away from guild crafters, and moved to a raid, or anywhere else either. That's the bottom line.

Defending Galtrev is like a Skirmish, really, really simple to do. It's a complete doddle compared with Death from Below - which is still miles away from a t2 raid, so you're still comparing apples with oranges here.

It's really clear from your posts that crafting isn't your bag. Cooks do not have anywhere near the work to do as scholars. Cooks grow their mats, scholars have to run around mob ridden camps to find theirs.
    All other except cooks find their mats by the way. Scholars even don't have to do anything they just get their mats from the drops of the other chars.

Crafters won't mind one bit if it takes 500K rep. They craft - that's what they do. Regardless, even if guild crafting is dead, it still doesn't warrant moving what should be a gated behind a max guilded player behind a raid gate. There is nothing right in that at all.

No, there shouldn't be a raid item required, and the relic should be bound, as it always has been. Then it will work like this . . . . If you want one Mukor - do the work, and make one. That's what you're defending here, the fact that "you" want something, without putting in any work for it that isn't to your taste.

You're whole "one game either you do all aspects or you miss some" argument is well and truly debunked. You want guild crafters items, without doing any guild crafting, and hey - you got it.

No wonder people are leaving the main servers, and even the game.
    Crafting is not the guild. Crafting is making items. The guilds were at the beginning just an instrument to ease crafting, granted crits etc.

And for the galtrev instance as I said once you knowed the spawn points it was easy, but so is raiding once you know the mechanics it's easy.

1. If the fragments get avaiable without trading rimes offhands etc would be better as the offhands etc from raid/crafted with rimes.
    Things is, I don't have problem with that scenario. Why you do? Gear with set bonuses, housing decos and emotes would still stay raid exclusive.

I totally agree that raiders deserved everything they got. We can do raid only once per week and sometimes I do not get anything of importance. Sometimes you give your drop to someone missing that particular piece. It takes time to organize everything also, as it's 12 people with different schedules and time zones, and you need appropriate classes as well. Not to mention time invested on so to say training and beating the raid, until it gets easier, faster, farmable...

In the past however, best shields, off hands, bows were normally barred behind guild. Sometimes pocket, sometimes necklace or one or two pieces or armor. They were better than initial barter items or T1 drops. They were also good as a starting gear for more serious things. Device was ever guild item. So not all recipes were uber, just some, and most people were happy.

2. Depends on what you did before if you're a new ie you Start with crafted, grind embers gear up/group gear up, stat with anvil t1 or t2 until you got your set, do t3. If you raided the last content, Well you skip the crafted gear.
    I had 8 alts on end level (which was 115 for reference) and only 1 of them had Abyss raid gear. Rest had NM barter gear. Yet I am saying to you again, I didn't not go for the crafted gear when I arrived in Ironfold (level 120), because crafted gear was clearly lesser than barter gear in Skarhald. Why would I waste time and resources unnecessarily? And that was the case with everyone else I know of. That is to say, I am repeating myself, crafted gear was worst of all other available gear. Additionally it was also costly to what provides. Crafters had no reason to craft anything, neither for others nor for themselves. That is to say from landscape obtainable mats.

And as I said often enough I'm not totally against other options but they shouldn't be nearly for free. They should cost some investment either in skill or of time.
    From both I would prefer skill. This would improve the skill level of the community and maybe more starts with raiding who h would avoid such a problem in the next update.
    If you catch the raiding train and stay on it you won't have problems to raid/ group and collect in the future.
    Yes. I understood and do remember that you are for other options. Trouble is you are constantly pushing towards group content, not willing to understand that simply that's not everyone's cup of tea, for whatever reason. Leave people to do what they can and/or enjoy doing.

How would you feel if SSG removed the ability to buy all consumables and other crafted items in the game in order to get you at a crafting bench? Not good is my bet, and we'd see that here in the forum for sure.

Hey Amenna, we already saw this. lol
    I remember reading a post from yours truly, Mukor, about how crafted relics barred behind crafted guild reputation was unfair and such a waste of his time because they weren't bound to account on acquire so you'd have to level crafting guilds on everyone separately for westemnet crafting devices.

All other except cooks find their mats by the way. Scholars even don't have to do anything they just get their mats from the drops of the other chars.

Crafting is not the guild. Crafting is making items. The guilds were at the beginning just an instrument to ease crafting, granted crits etc.

And for the galtrev instance as I said once you knowed the spawn points it was easy, but so is raiding once you know the mechanics it's easy.
    You're really grasping now Mukor. Guild crafting has been a thing since Expert crafting. Without putting the work into maximising your guild rep - you got to craft no guild craft items. As far as I can remember, everything guild crafted, can be passed on to an alt or a friend, except the actual guild symbol of course and that all important relic. That was always unique to the crafter, the reward for doing the guild work. That is what many crafters did all the work for. SSG have never really grasped the concept of crafting in the game, but how they got this one small part of it - sooooo wrong, beats me. It's the final nail for sure on the crafting section of the game.

Please stop with the Galtrev instance thing. It was a walk in the park from the moment you stepped inside it, and it still is. The spawn area is tiny, you couldn't miss the spawns even if you had a blindfold on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    Hey Amenna, we already saw this. lol
    I remember reading a post from yours truly, Mukor, about how crafted relics barred behind crafted guild reputation was unfair and such a waste of his time because they weren't bound to account on acquire so you'd have to level crafting guilds on everyone separately for westemnet crafting devices.
    Interesting, but not surprising in the slightest. It's clear to me, some have only dipped a small toe into crafting, and decided, they do not like it - but they really want the rewards from it.

I wish SSG would look to a wider audience when they are getting their feedback for ideas they have in the dev pool. Looks like this one got thrashed through with a battering ram of concentrated feedback from one source with SSG not knowing the importance it that item to all the people that have spend years as guild crafters.

Shame on all involved.

This game is not what it used to be, and it never will be with stuff like this going on. It would be extremely apt now if all the guild crafters abandoned the game, and yes, I really mean that, and that's a first for me - to say of anyone leaving. the game and its forum have always been about swings and roundabouts, you win some you lose some. But this . . . this one has a salty taste that's not going to go away. It's going to change attitudes and how people interact in the future, It's going to change my outlook and sense of fairness for all, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Jun 21 2019 at 12:24 PM.

I think I may have a possible solution for crafting here:

Make the Stonehelm gear recipes require the 5 ingots/boards/leather/parchment and special CRAFTED item, just like the the Doomfold recipes gear.
    We had to barter for the crafted gear as well for Doomfold tier but they did not require us a shard nor Fragments of Gorgoroth Instances or Fragments of the Abyss.
    They made separate teal recipes that were not much better that needed Fragments of Gorgoroth Instances. (btw, can you actually name these with a creative name?)
    Instead of making these crafted supplements be able to made daily, have them the ones that cost 50 ironfold ingots/boards/leather/parchment.
    Then go back and do the same thing for the Doomfold crafted supplements and remove the 18h cooldown.

Now, for the crafted guild and crafted relics....
    Here is where I agree with bringing back Mithril Coin trading.
    Make a Anorien, Doomfold and Ironfold crafting reputation standing.
    Give us a level 105 set of armor for Anorien Master of the XXX Guild along with the ability to craft ranger journals and make the Host of the West components for the reputation recipes.
    And allow farmors grow the mushrooms with Anorien Master of the Cooking Guild.
    Give us critted level 115 set of gear that you bartered for for Master XXX of the Doomfold standing.
    Give us critted level 120 set of gear that you bartered for for Master XXX of the Ironfold standing.

Make all of the crafted guild gear and crafted guild relics Bound to Account on Acquire but also give us the option to mail them to other people for 2 Mithril Coins.
    Move the Ironfold crafted relics behind the Ironfold guild rep standing as well as let us trade them freely for 2 Mithril Coins.
    Also make the recipient pay 2 Mithril Coins in order to collect the mail.

It would take 4 Mithril Coins total for anyone wanting to buy a crafted guilded relic.
    2 on the crafter and 2 on the buyer.

EDIT - forgot to mention this small detail - instead of requiring us 3 Rime of the Anvil and 3 Dwarrowgleam Shards for Grarik's and 5 Artifacts of the Anduin for Vales and 3 shards, make them require only 1 for each.
    The idea of having to use 3 of each is nonsense.

Also, make the rest of the teal Stonehelm set recipes and have those take 1 Dwarf-iron Fragment and 1 Dwarrowmark each. (this corresponds to the instance doomfold recipes)
    Basically the same materials, just no shards.
    Last edited by Pewpewmidget; Jun 21 2019 at 04:19 PM.

Crafting really good stuff in the past always required some hard to get item, be it a shard drop or some such thing, thats no different than it is now.

Besides, in this situation the raiders make SSG some money by selling rimes in the AH.

How you ask? why non raiders buy solvents that they sell and convert to gold to buy rimes. New essences require solvents so everyone wants solvents, they even bumped it up so you need double the solvents to get the best crafted essence by requiring deconned t2 essences for t3.

Theres your SSG approved workaround, real money transactions converted to in game items sold for in game gold.Pretty clever if you ask me.

Perhaps the new instances will rectify that with rime drops but till then i think the situation aint gonna change.

Well till the new raid drops and everything starts over.

whether this model of doing more for fewer players at the expense of everyone else matters or not time will tell.
    Last edited by subadar; Jun 21 2019 at 05:09 PM.

Mortem Tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by subadar View Post
    Crafting really good stuff in the past always required some hard to get item, be it a shard drop or some such thing, thats no different than it is now.

Besides, in this situation the raiders make SSG some money by selling rimes in the AH.

How you ask? why non raiders buy solvents that they sell and convert to gold to buy rimes. New essences require solvents so everyone wants solvents, they even bumped it up so you need double the solvents to get the best crafted essence by requiring deconned t2 essences for t3.

Theres your SSG approved workaround, real money transactions converted to in game items sold for in game gold.Pretty clever if you ask me.

Perhaps the new instances will rectify that with rime drops but till then i think the situation aint gonna change.

Well till the new raid drops and everything starts over.

whether this model of doing more for fewer players at the expense of everyone else matters or not time will tell.
    It matters and there's nothing clever about it - everyone can see through it. The same result would have came about if they had kept the relic in the guild crafting realm - it would just be the other way around, so not so many players to feed it. Making one group of players fund the game for another, is not right. End of story. But ho hum, it is what it is and it's never going to change, until the masses get peeved and vote with their wallets. More do that every day though, and when "time will tell" arrives, it will be too late.

In the old days you've to run soloinstances for compendium which you needed for the Golden crafted relics.
    And yeah crafting guilds are dead since westemnet you can see it cause there never was a new reputation level for the next tier.
    And all you needed the guild for were the crafted relics. And the system with the bound relics were never fair between the different jobs.
    No, Mukor ... in the OLD days you did Quests. Compendium I - Quest in Anarzamekhem in Moria; Compendium II - Quest in Mirkwood to kill spiders; Compendium III - Solo Instance in Galtrev - Comp IV - Solo Instance in Hytbold and Compendium 5 - Bartered for with Marks & Medallions, Fanghorn Leaves or Amroth Silver Pieces (From questing). (Correct me if I left something out, please.)

I see that your argument has shifted a bit from "Raiding should be the only place to get a viable relic" to "see, I told you crafting was useless". It seems you enjoy a debate, for the sake a debate. Please know that your pointless argument(s) are only a distraction. Many people went through the process of leveling crafting for the sole purpose of being able to make a crafted relic for that character. Crafting should not be tied to raiding and raiding should not be tied to crafting. Raiders should have been insulted (and I was) when we were rewarded with raid gear that required us to go out and grind for essences to make the gear usable. We let that go and it has snowballed. You win the OPTION to craft something with your raid reward. Sorry, I drifted off topic :P

This post seems to to have turned in a "CRAFTED RELIC" thread. Apologies to the OP The new crafted relic recipes that were introduced with the Vales of Anduin are Level 120. The last crafted relic recipes prior to this were introduced with Helm's Deep in 2013 and are level 95. Let me repeat that ... in 2013. It is now 2019. That was a LONG wait for a new relic for that slot. The fact that one of the recipes grant +971 of 4 of the main stats makes that relic on par with getting 1/10 of one stat on a piece of 120 gear. Are you still with me, Mukor? Do you still want to suggest that non-raiders should be happy with that?

I have seen your argument that it is easy to get into a raid and that raiding is not difficult and that you think everyone should raid. Do you think we should all like vanilla and not chocolate? That is an OPINION not a fact. We all have our own opinions and each is entitled to their own. The FACT is there has been no level appropriate crafted relic for 25 levels and now the ONLY one with stats appropriate for level 120 is gated by a raid drop. Can we agree on these facts? It is a fact that many people leveled crafting on a character just so they could craft a relic for that character. (There is a good reason some of us have 3 tailors and 3 jewelers ... and it is not for the joy of leveling crafting and craft guild rep).

You have mentioned that there should be effort in obtaining mats for the crafted relic ... I feel that my 10 years of leveling crafters should be more than enough effort to expect a viable option for the crafted relic spot. Also note that the name of that relic slot on the LI panel is Crafted Relic and not Raiding Relic.

Before you ask what hinders me from raiding, let me answer. Nothing. But I have several characters that I do not raid on and friends who no longer raid because of some of the changes made in/to the game. New crafted relic recipes should have been something that provided a little upgrade to EVERY CHARACTER IN THE GAME and be obtainable by EVERY playstyle.
    Last edited by Shelwen; Jun 22 2019 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Typo

I respectfully disagree. Shards/Mithril flakes, etc. were extremely easy to obtain. Can you tell me of one instance in the past where you had to raid or leave that slot empty? Cloak at level 75 ... no, there were other options in the game. The rare gold shoulder recipes at 85 ... those were random landscape drops and there were OTHER options.

Note: I consider something 25 levels lower than my character the equivalent to an empty slot.

Nope, you are BIG wrong with this one.
    Every crafted recipe, except for the ones for level 20, 30, 40, 50, 58, 75, 85 and 95 was fairy easy to craft.
    Requiring nothing BUT base materials and that is far from hard to acquire.
    Now, for those levels I mention, you only need a shard additive and maybe a crafter's journal, which are also fairly easy to obtain.
    The only crafted recipes that are out there that are raid locked are for Draigoch's cloak.
    And guess what?
    It is fairly easy to get those materials now since we are talking level 120s forming level 75 raids.
    It was only hard back then. Now, it's just a mere time sink and only the patient people will prevail.
    Oh, and guess what. Those cloaks are also freely traded and do not cost you a arm and a leg to buy anymore.

3 Dwarrowgleam shards and Dwarf-iron Fragment or Dwarrowmark per gear piece is the absolute opposite of easy to achieve.
    Sometimes I think that they are lowering the drop rate of newer shards on purpose, to get people to overprice them so others will buy store-bought things to sell to afford them.
    Otherwise, harvesting just one shard yourself is a tedious task.
    Dwarrowmarks require TWENTY daily quests. I don't care if they're easy or not, it's still not anywhere how it used to be.
    Dwarf-iron Fragments are bartered with 100 Marks of the Longbeard or can be looted in a Ered Mithrin instance, that most don't want to do after their weekly.

Now, Rime of the Anvil, is commonly used in weapons and shields and why in the hell do we need to use 3 of everything for anything?
    Same with the Artifacts of the Anduin, but this time, FIVE are needed. I know it's the same cost as 3 rime but that is not the point.
    Why do we need to use 3 Rime of the Anvil or 5 Artifacts of the Anduin or 3 Dwarrowgleam Shards per item? Why?
    Why do you think this is all just a joke?

perhaps you forgot about camping shard droppers in the past?

or dont remember gold spammers selling the rare drops and hoovering up the mats?

the level 75 raid you mention at lvl 75 was not easy,it was bug ridden and time consuming so, by your logic, i would say dont worry come back and solo the raid when your level 250

Today it seems crafting BIS items no longer matters to SSG,unless you do instances,raids etc. Rare items wont just be laying around anymore. Crafting should be important,it would lead to a nice in-game economy.I wish there was a crafting path to BIS items but there isnt.

The raiding playstyle takes commitment to a game way beyond running around gathering mats,no matter how long it takes you to gather the stuff.

unfortunately this is SSG's game, they invite us in to play it.they make the rules and the decisions are made with very little input from players.Ever seen the comments in BR forums that are meaningless?

I'm not supporting it in any way,just saying once its released, it is what it is. Can they makes changes? Of course they can.Will they make changes? Doubtfull.

Vales seemed rushed and had very little in the way of content,perhaps the missing 3 and 6 man instances will rectify the situation. But then you'll still have to get out there and fight for the drops you want.
    Last edited by subadar; Jun 22 2019 at 11:11 AM.

Mortem Tyrannis

Crafting should be important

That's just the thing, it has been long proven not to be important as there have always been alternatives to getting what you need.
    Yes, I do remember the shard droppers and farming Haudh Iarchith for Beryl Shards for Mirrored Ancient Steel tools, weapons and armor as well as Etched Beryl jewelry.
    No, it still does not compare to instance-exclusive or raid-exclusive crafting components so your arguments about those are invalid.

It was still fairly easy to get shards 12 years ago....

/eyeroll

NEXT!

lol, ok man, you win!

/eyeroll

Now what did we accomplish here? nothing, that's the point. Your BIG FONT complaint is falling on deaf ears.

As of today, Players don't need BIS gear to start raiding, best gear drops in raids, key mats drop in raids. SSG sinks alot of devtime and work into raids. So go raid, SSG made a decision, That decision was crafting alone is not a path to these particular BIS items.

Did it upset people? apparently so. Doe's SSG care? apparently not.

Maybe they will figure out a way to profit off crafting and things will change. right now they are making money off the RMT's that are being created as a workaround for non raiders that feel they must have BIS to obtain Rimes.

$=solvents, solvents=in game gold, in game gold=raider supplied rimes.

Mortem Tyrannis

And another thing I think I should add. We can only get 24 Gulmarks a day and our recipes cost 5 times more than the ones in Skarhald.

EM instances give 5 Marks of the Longbeard upon completion.
    Daily quests give 5 Marks of the Longbeards upon completion, which there are four per instance and we get 10 for a separate resource quest.
    That means that we can get 115 Marks of the Longbeard daily.
    The recipes only costed 20 marks.
    Mark of the Longbeard to Embers quest only needed 20 for 500 embers.

Anduin daily quests only give 1 Gulmark each and the instance wrappers give 5 each.
    2 instances means that there are 4 quests which only gives 9 total gulmarks, including the wrapper.
    Rhosgobel treat quests only give 1 gulmark each and there's only 6.
    Animal quests give 2 gulmarks each but take 5 treats each.
    That means that we can get 24-26 gulmarks per day.
    The crafted recipes cost 100 Gulmarks each.
    Gulmarks for Embers needs 75 for 500 embers.

Something here does not seem right.

lol, ok man, you win!

/eyeroll

Now what did we accomplish here? nothing, that's the point. Your BIG FONT complaint is falling on deaf ears.

As of today, Players don't need BIS gear to start raiding, best gear drops in raids, key mats drop in raids. SSG sinks alot of devtime and work into raids. So go raid, SSG made a decision, That decision was crafting alone is not a path to these particular BIS items.

Did it upset people? apparently so. Doe's SSG care? apparently not.

Maybe they will figure out a way to profit off crafting and things will change. right now they are making money off the RMT's that are being created as a workaround for non raiders that feel they must have BIS to obtain Rimes.

$=solvents, solvents=in game gold, in game gold=raider supplied rimes.
    Hopefully, it won't have fallen on deaf ears, and it's an oversight that SSG has made, because they are not that familiar with how this would go down across a large proportion of their playerbase. It's no secret that they are not that down with how crafting works (or used to work). They could have rolled all this out based on feedback given prior to beta or from some suggestion thread posted a year ago.

There's nothing wrong with having something rare connected to the whole game, from the raid. That's been around a long time. Back in Rohan days, non raiders could get rings, that they could then upgrade, by purchasing something from a raider. Nothing at all wrong with that, because it was just one thing, that they could choose to enter that trade for, or totally ignore it, given that there were plenty of others things that they could work for, or craft, without that one thing.

The Vales is different though. Everything is gated behind this raid drop, except of a food item and yeah . . . housing stuff.

As for figuring out a way to profit off crafting. they already had that if they wanted it. Just make that "crafted" relic, trade-able, and Bob's your uncle, everyone who has never done guild crafting - would buy it for massive amounts of gold. I wonder why they didn't do it that way? I can take a guess.

Oh, and by the way, those here in this thread that are saying "there is plenty to craft in Skarhald, because that's still level cap" . . .

The area has been categorised as "old" content. If it were still current, the ember yields would not have been nerfed and the weeklies would award vxp. The Vales, is the new content.

The area has been categorised as "old" content. If it were still current, the ember yields would not have been nerfed and the weeklies would award vxp. The Vales, is the new content.

AND this is why people no longer do dailies once it no longer benefits them.
    Nerfing ember gains will just make them less necessary.
    We saw that when they took away the Black Steel Keys.... Almost no one did Mordor dailies anymore.
    People still do MT only because of the SoEs.

Stop taking away rewards then wonder why no one's doing them.

I read this in another thread and I agree 100% about it. Every repeatable quest that influenced end-game should reward Virtue Experience Points (VXP).
    Every currency that was released after East Gondor should have a barter option for SoE.
    There are a lot of things that could have been done to keep us interested in doing daily quests but have not been acted upon.

Back to the topic. Ironfold is the only crafting tier that requires components for gear that is not easily obtainable when you first hit level 120 or Ironfold crafting.
    And multiple shards on everything as well as multiple raid-only items on something as crucial as shields and weapons.
    There is a 300 DPS difference and significant stat boost between rare Adventure weapons, which are stronger than Thorin's, and Weapons of the Vales.
    Also, why is the DPS cap at 13-something-hundred for 1H LIs while Vales has 175- dps?
    Why only 1,733.2 dps on a 2h LI and bow/javelin and 2,501.8 dps on Vales?

Of course we are going to get upset because all that we can ever make freely are the consumables.
    This is also part reason of this post.
    As I said before, Ironfold crafting is a joke. Doomfold was miles better but I'd still prefer the system we drove away from in Westemnet.

Low-grade -> Medium-grade -> High-grade
    Thin -> Solid -> Reinforced
    Brushed -> Glazed -> Finished
    Scholar mats were also yellow, purple, cyan.

Anorien started the downfall of any hope for crafting to get better.....

The ember yields were nerfed because the vales introduced new ways to get them. Besides, the fact they still yield embers at all indicates it is still current content. Embers are for the new stuff, motes are for the old stuff. When the EM/vales quests get changed to reward motes (im guessing when Minas Morgal comes out) and the gear becomes barter-able for motes, then it will be old content.

Also the EM crafting dailies reward dwarrowgleam shards. Considering those are necessary for the new recipes, its hardly out dated content. Now before anyone claims that minas tirith dailies get you SoE's so therefore it isnt be old and out dated either, everyone knows the ILI system is majorly borked and needs an overhaul.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast