We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 224
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,890
    Well atm if you're not a raid er you can't get but you guys forget if you don’t raid you don't need it.
    And if you want to raid minimum T2 is possible to complete without it. Or just join the side bosses they've a chance to drop it too.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    East USA
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Well atm if you're not a raid er you can't get but you guys forget if you don’t raid you don't need it.
    And if you want to raid minimum T2 is possible to complete without it. Or just join the side bosses they've a chance to drop it too.
    If you raid you don't need it, I mean you're already there, right? It's not about need for anyone, it's about access to equal game rewards for equal time, effort, and money.
    .

    I bring word from Lord Elrond of Rivendell. An Alliance once existed between Elves and Men. Long ago we fought and died together. We come to honor that allegiance.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by eanamdar View Post
    If you raid you don't need it, I mean you're already there, right? It's not about need for anyone, it's about access to equal game rewards for equal time, effort, and money.
    Sorry, but, if you don’t or haven’t raided - then no, you haven’t put in the same amount of effort. And if you did raid, and are no longer raiding, then you haven’t put in the same amount of time. Stop trying to demean raid rewards and raid incentives. If you’re not going to do them, don’t complain when raiders can get something and you can’t. Plus, sorry what the hell so you need it for? Is landscape that hard?

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    East USA
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    Sorry, but, if you don’t or haven’t raided - then no, you haven’t put in the same amount of effort. And if you did raid, and are no longer raiding, then you haven’t put in the same amount of time. Stop trying to demean raid rewards and raid incentives. If you’re not going to do them, don’t complain when raiders can get something and you can’t. Plus, sorry what the hell so you need it for? Is landscape that hard?
    You assume I don't, haven't, and can't raid ... wrong on all counts. The point is equivalent rewards to those given for one play style, lets say raiding, should be available to all play styles ... for equal time and effort. Stop focusing on yourself, and zoom out and see the big picture.
    .

    I bring word from Lord Elrond of Rivendell. An Alliance once existed between Elves and Men. Long ago we fought and died together. We come to honor that allegiance.

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    Sorry, but, if you don’t or haven’t raided - then no, you haven’t put in the same amount of effort. And if you did raid, and are no longer raiding, then you haven’t put in the same amount of time. Stop trying to demean raid rewards and raid incentives. If you’re not going to do them, don’t complain when raiders can get something and you can’t. Plus, sorry what the hell so you need it for? Is landscape that hard?
    Stop being so toxic, there's no need to start flaming people and demeaning people that only play landscape - People can have fun how they want.

    I think we all want equality here so I don't see any issue with the topic of this post!

    Quote Originally Posted by eanamdar View Post
    You assume I don't, haven't, and can't raid ... wrong on all counts. The point is equivalent rewards to those given for one play style, lets say raiding, should be available to all play styles ... for equal time and effort. Stop focusing on yourself, and zoom out and see the big picture.
    I agree! I think it's important to cater for all play styles and look at the bigger picture instead of being self-absorbed
    Bramble Btw

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by eanamdar View Post
    You assume I don't, haven't, and can't raid ... wrong on all counts. The point is equivalent rewards to those given for one play style, lets say raiding, should be available to all play styles ... for equal time and effort. Stop focusing on yourself, and zoom out and see the big picture.
    Lol, MMOs would go down hill if they listened to people like you. Raid rewards are meant to better, considering they are meant to be harder to acquire. That structure has always existed and should continue to, people are rewarded for doing varying levels of difficult content, and they should be rewarded appropriately. There ain’t no way someone who does landscape deserves to, or even needs to walk around with the same calibre of gear as a high end raider. Case closed.

    (I also never assumed any of the above, you are inferring incorrectly).
    Last edited by Hephburz-2; Jun 11 2019 at 03:45 PM.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    East USA
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    Lol, MMOs would go down hill if they listened to people like you. Raid rewards are meant to better, considering they are meant to be harder to acquire. That structure has always existed and should continue to, people are rewarded for doing varying levels of difficult content, and they should be rewarded appropriately. There ain’t no way someone who does landscape deserves to, or even needs to walk around with the same calibre of gear as a high end raider. Case closed.

    (I also never assumed any of the above, you are inferring incorrectly).
    I will never fathom why some people put such value on raiding. There's nothing wrong with raiding, do what makes you happy. However, there's also nothing wrong with any other play style. Those who choose one play style over another are no better , or worse then any other player, and no more, or less deserving of reward.

    Equivalent rewards should be offered for all play styles for equivalent effort.
    .

    I bring word from Lord Elrond of Rivendell. An Alliance once existed between Elves and Men. Long ago we fought and died together. We come to honor that allegiance.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by eanamdar View Post
    If you raid you don't need it, I mean you're already there, right? It's not about need for anyone, it's about access to equal game rewards for equal time, effort, and money.
    I really hope it's a Cliffhanger and t4 will follow soon there we will need it.
    Or they will close your gap to t3.
    T2 is totally doable with normal gear if all stay focused. And even for this you've the other spots of your lis given from the vale and for the crafted still the purple wich are good too. Weaponsmiths for example adds nearly 1k vita.

  9. #34
    as posted in another thread:

    In Dwarf Holds you could convert 1x Fragment of The Abyss (from raid) or 40x Landscape Tokens (from questing) for a valuable crafting item.
    The best solution is simply to do the same here i.e. 40x Gulmarks for 1x Artefact of The Vale

    The solution, as others have correctly stated is to have more ways to earn a desired crafting component, not less.

    The time/effort argument goes out of the window because rimes / artefacts / best in slot offhands & shields are not bound and can be easily acquired by anyone willing to buy solvents from the lotro store and sell for in game gold.

    As a side note, for those looking to craft the special honey roll requiring "Drop of Vales Honey", these drop from woodworker nodes & can also be bartered from Ragnild outside Hultvis once you unlock end game dailies.

    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post

    ..........It is going to make crafting my weapons for my champion friend's guardian near impossible because neither of us can raid. Yet..........
    Just how is it that crafting is anywhere near to slotting 4th crafted relick in already existing weapon?

    I am 100% sure that a year from now looking at player's weapons you will see a lot of the weapons without this crafted relic.

    That relic is one of the 4. Legendary weapon int's self is just in it's self only a part of the whole as well.

    If your drive at min maxing makes you stressed about the game to this point, well you need to really start raiding real, real fast. I think a lot of people did these raids without that particular relic as well. Just a month ago it did not exist?

    Why people are complaining instead of asking / demanding?

    For example idea of trading 40 of local tokens towards an artifact. Thats a normal way to do it, looking back at other regions.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    Just how is it that crafting is anywhere near to slotting 4th crafted relick in already existing weapon?

    I am 100% sure that a year from now looking at player's weapons you will see a lot of the weapons without this crafted relic.

    That relic is one of the 4. Legendary weapon int's self is just in it's self only a part of the whole as well.

    If your drive at min maxing makes you stressed about the game to this point, well you need to really start raiding real, real fast. I think a lot of people did these raids without that particular relic as well. Just a month ago it did not exist?

    Why people are complaining instead of asking / demanding?

    For example idea of trading 40 of local tokens towards an artifact. Thats a normal way to do it, looking back at other regions.


    If you paid attention, you would have known that this post had absolutely nothing about wanting to craft the new relics and that I already suggested something reasonable like what Knight said.
    These barter options for the fragment are what should have been implemented:

    1 Rime of the Anvil for 2 Fragments of the Anduin ONLY if you've completed Anvil T2
    40 Gulmarks for 1 Fragment of the Anduin
    Then the same barter option as the honey.

    ^ 2 reasonable ways to get Fragments of the Anduin without having to get your hands on Rime of the Anvil as well as what's already there.
    This should make getting Rime of the Anvil for Grarik's weapons and shields much much much more reasonable and raiders still get their 2 fragments per rime option.
    And I also did mention that we had aspirations to raid some day.
    I sometimes wonder why people just skim past everything and respond just to point fingers and start assuming things.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Well atm if you're not a raid er you can't get but you guys forget if you don’t raid you don't need it.
    That's what they used to say about imbued LIs.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    If you paid attention, you would have known that this post had absolutely nothing about wanting to craft the new relics and that I already suggested something reasonable like what Knight said.
    These barter options for the fragment are what should have been implemented:

    1 Rime of the Anvil for 2 Fragments of the Anduin ONLY if you've completed Anvil T2
    40 Gulmarks for 1 Fragment of the Anduin
    Then the same barter option as the honey.

    ^ 2 reasonable ways to get Fragments of the Anduin without having to get your hands on Rime of the Anvil as well as what's already there.
    This should make getting Rime of the Anvil for Grarik's weapons and shields much much much more reasonable and raiders still get their 2 fragments per rime option.
    And I also did mention that we had aspirations to raid some day.
    I sometimes wonder why people just skim past everything and respond just to point fingers and start assuming things.
    I have paid my attention, I have also read whole thread. I still object to the way you word it and general direction.

    Your turn to pay attention and edit posts, especially if you do not mean what you write.

    Like here:
    It is going to make crafting my weapons for my champion friend's guardian near impossible because neither of us can raid. Yet

    Can always say: "Edited for clarity" or some rather.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    I have paid my attention, I have also read whole thread. I still object to the way you word it and general direction.

    Your turn to pay attention and edit posts, especially if you do not mean what you write.

    Like here:
    It is going to make crafting my weapons for my champion friend's guardian near impossible because neither of us can raid. Yet

    Can always say: "Edited for clarity" or some rather.


    Dude, who cares about that one typo if everyone could read my entire post clearly?
    I have persuaded folks who have objected my original post with mended clarity.
    Those who have disagreed with me from the start now agree with my suggested barter options.
    Thank you for pointing out the one typo that no one seems to care about, only you.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    That's what they used to say about imbued LIs.
    And you don't need them. It ease landscape but it's not necessary.

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight. View Post
    as posted in another thread:

    In Dwarf Holds you could convert 1x Fragment of The Abyss (from raid) or 40x Landscape Tokens (from questing) for a valuable crafting item.
    The best solution is simply to do the same here i.e. 40x Gulmarks for 1x Artefact of The Vale

    The solution, as others have correctly stated is to have more ways to earn a desired crafting component, not less.
    40 gulmarks for 1 component is way to cheap.. make it 500 and it would be fine - or rather 100 of the coins for the dailies (either beo or man)

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by eanamdar View Post
    You assume I don't, haven't, and can't raid ... wrong on all counts. The point is equivalent rewards to those given for one play style, lets say raiding, should be available to all play styles ... for equal time and effort. Stop focusing on yourself, and zoom out and see the big picture.
    Please tell me how difficult you think a solo boss should be for it to reward gear comparable to raid quality.

    Let it put me like this: Even during the short amount of the bugged damage on the Ered Mithrin Crafting Instances, the side bosses could be killed solo with pretty ease if you could play your class and had quest gear (nothing to special). That would be the minimum difficulty for them. Not worth implementing something like that because apart from raiders only few solo players that dont raid would be able to complete such instances.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorondir View Post
    Please tell me how difficult you think a solo boss should be for it to reward gear comparable to raid quality.

    Let it put me like this: Even during the short amount of the bugged damage on the Ered Mithrin Crafting Instances, the side bosses could be killed solo with pretty ease if you could play your class and had quest gear (nothing to special). That would be the minimum difficulty for them. Not worth implementing something like that because apart from raiders only few solo players that dont raid would be able to complete such instances.
    Minimum masterelite t1 3men or better nemensis should they be to be worth such rewards.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorondir View Post
    Not worth implementing something like that because apart from raiders only few solo players that dont raid would be able to complete such instances.
    I'd love to have such a thing. For one, it would enable people to realise when they suck and get better on their class. 2nd, my timezone and server really don't help me get raids done, so i'd love extra challenge for solo.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by eanamdar View Post
    I will never fathom why some people put such value on raiding. There's nothing wrong with raiding, do what makes you happy. However, there's also nothing wrong with any other play style. Those who choose one play style over another are no better , or worse then any other player, and no more, or less deserving of reward.

    Equivalent rewards should be offered for all play styles for equivalent effort.
    I mean, you’re wrong?

    People who raid and complete instances are ‘better’ in terms of skill than those who do not or cannot do them. Of course there is no play style that is better - but completing landscape IS NOT equivalent nor deserving of the same rewards as someone who raids.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey. I need a Jelly Baby.
    Posts
    21,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    Sorry, but, if you don’t or haven’t raided - then no, you haven’t put in the same amount of effort. And if you did raid, and are no longer raiding, then you haven’t put in the same amount of time. Stop trying to demean raid rewards and raid incentives. If you’re not going to do them, don’t complain when raiders can get something and you can’t. Plus, sorry what the hell so you need it for? Is landscape that hard?
    This a million times. I cannot think of one instance in all my causal landscape playing sessions of when I've needed raid rewards. And landscape is easy.


    Sometimes I /inspect and look at the cool gear, but I realize that because I don't raid, I don't need or deserve access to raid rewards.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    East USA
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    Just how is it that crafting is anywhere near to slotting 4th crafted relick in already existing weapon?

    I am 100% sure that a year from now looking at player's weapons you will see a lot of the weapons without this crafted relic.

    That relic is one of the 4. Legendary weapon int's self is just in it's self only a part of the whole as well.

    If your drive at min maxing makes you stressed about the game to this point, well you need to really start raiding real, real fast. I think a lot of people did these raids without that particular relic as well. Just a month ago it did not exist?

    Why people are complaining instead of asking / demanding?

    For example idea of trading 40 of local tokens towards an artifact. Thats a normal way to do it, looking back at other regions.
    This isn't about raiding, it's about two things: 1. Not gating crafting recipes and components behind raids, as crafters need them. Don't say buy them, as crafters no longer make money, that's only made through raid drops. 2. It's about equal access to end game rewards. Maybe 1% of players are raiders, the other 99% deserve pathways to equivalent rewards. Don't say only raiders need them, as you don't, and nothing about a game is about need, we all play because we enjoy the game. 99% of the players should not be barred for the same level of reward and enjoyment, when they devote the same time and effort to the game. It's time to do what's healthy for the community and game.

    Being a raider doesn't make anyone "deserve" rewards over other players. Deed completions, for example complete all deeds in X zone; quest arc completions, like complete Book X; crafting mastery, for example achieve top rep in X guild, all are high level accomplishments, requiring MORE time and effort then raiding. I could give dozens of examples of accomplishments that are deserving of rewards equal to what's given in raids.
    .

    I bring word from Lord Elrond of Rivendell. An Alliance once existed between Elves and Men. Long ago we fought and died together. We come to honor that allegiance.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    East USA
    Posts
    479
    /bump

    This issue needs kept active until there's a response.
    .

    I bring word from Lord Elrond of Rivendell. An Alliance once existed between Elves and Men. Long ago we fought and died together. We come to honor that allegiance.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    There are other ways to earn them
    Could you tell us the other ways? I've yet to see/hear of other sources. Thanks!!!

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    I know right, i mean there's plenty of stuff a solo player can get and use, you don't need to raid, if you want an item from a raid and its not bound, then buy it if have the gold. you have options and more options are good. /not singed.
    I agree and I disagree. In this particular case the Artifacts of the Vale are used to craft relics for the crafted relic slot. While I agree that not every player needs the BiS relic, please remember there have been no upgrades to the crafted relics since the Westemnet crafting tier. There should have been more than one crafted relic recipe. I think we can all agree that ALL players are due an upgrade here. Yes, I am a raider and while I don't think everyone in the game needs BiS, they do deserve an alternative that is level appropriate.
    Last edited by Kynlee; Jun 12 2019 at 03:16 PM. Reason: typo

 

 
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload