We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kynlee View Post
    Could you tell us the other ways? I've yet to see/hear of other sources. Thanks!!!
    Several have been stated in the several threads on this topic, here are a few in brief: 1. Completion of weekly repeatable quests. 2. Completion of a specific deed, or set of deeds. 3. Unlocked with kindred reputation; trade x number of zone tokens, possibly with a cool down. 4. Crafted from shards and solvents with a cool down. 5. Roving Threat drop. 6. Very rare item from resource nodes. 7. Gold Hobbit Box reward. 8. Loot box item. 9. Crafted from 5 dwarrowgleam shards (SP?). 10. Purchased with LOTRO points.

One thread containing some of these ideas was locked, for no reason, and can be found. Another thread appears to have been edited, for no reason. A third appears to be gone. There have been over 500 posts on this today, and it keeps getting buried without explanation as to why. Maybe Cord can speak to this?

I bring word from Lord Elrond of Rivendell. An Alliance once existed between Elves and Men. Long ago we fought and died together. We come to honor that allegiance.

Quote Originally Posted by eanamdar View Post
    Several have been stated in the several threads on this topic, here are a few in brief: 1. Completion of weekly repeatable quests. 2. Completion of a specific deed, or set of deeds. 3. Unlocked with kindred reputation; trade x number of zone tokens, possibly with a cool down. 4. Crafted from shards and solvents with a cool down. 5. Roving Threat drop. 6. Very rare item from resource nodes. 7. Gold Hobbit Box reward. 8. Loot box item. 9. Crafted from 5 dwarrowgleam shards (SP?). 10. Purchased with LOTRO points.

One thread containing some of these ideas was locked, for no reason, and can be found. Another thread appears to have been edited, for no reason. A third appears to be gone. There have been over 500 posts on this today, and it keeps getting buried without explanation as to why. Maybe Cord can speak to this?

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have been searching for the info off and on today with no success.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have been searching for the info off and on today with no success.
    I think some very reasonable ideas have been put forward.

I bring word from Lord Elrond of Rivendell. An Alliance once existed between Elves and Men. Long ago we fought and died together. We come to honor that allegiance.

I agree and I disagree. In this particular case the Artifacts of the Vale are used to craft relics for the crafted relic slot. While I agree that not every player needs the BiS relic, please remember there have been no upgrades to the crafted relics since the Westemnet crafting tier. There should have been more than one crafted relic recipe. I think we can all agree that ALL players are due an upgrade here. Yes, I am a raider and while I don't think everyone in the game needs BiS, they do deserve an alternative that is level appropriate.
    Finally a raider without a ego and with some decent morals.
    We're all due for an upgrade, just we are being exploited for it given the barter option being the only way to get Fragments of the Anduin.
    Also, some of us want to craft Grarik's weapons for our characters and we cannot afford the 400-750g price tag per Rime of the Anvil.
    Which also leads to another question: who in the right mind thought that 3 Rime of the Anvil for a weapon was a good idea? 3 Rime and 3 Shards for a shield?
    Now, I imagine, 3 Fragments of the Anduin for Vales weapons? And shields?
    2 Fragments of the Anduin and 2 Ironfold Parchment for those new +1% mitigation scrolls?
    Why only 1% though?
    Same can be asked about the honey rolls but those at least add 5% damage and 5% outgoing healing.

Although we do not raid, or cannot raid, or no longer raid, or no longer CAN raid, we all deserve fair prices and upgrades at a reasonable cost.

This isn't about raiding, it's about two things: 1. Not gating crafting recipes and components behind raids, as crafters need them. Don't say buy them, as crafters no longer make money, that's only made through raid drops. 2. It's about equal access to end game rewards. Maybe 1% of players are raiders, the other 99% deserve pathways to equivalent rewards. Don't say only raiders need them, as you don't, and nothing about a game is about need, we all play because we enjoy the game. 99% of the players should not be barred for the same level of reward and enjoyment, when they devote the same time and effort to the game. It's time to do what's healthy for the community and game.

Being a raider doesn't make anyone "deserve" rewards over other players. Deed completions, for example complete all deeds in X zone; quest arc completions, like complete Book X; crafting mastery, for example achieve top rep in X guild, all are high level accomplishments, requiring MORE time and effort then raiding. I could give dozens of examples of accomplishments that are deserving of rewards equal to what's given in raids.
    Life is not fair. Learn it sooner, so that you would not waste time complaining about these obvious things later.

There is nothing anywhere, nearly anywhere, where mechanic of "deserve" is used. ESPECIALLY when it comes to unnecessary luxury side items.

You want it? You have to put in the effort to get it. At least we have things like wiki and youtube and people willing to tell you where to go to.

I still stand by my prediction that a year from now there will be plenty of maxed out characters with maxed out Legendary items without this one relic. It is not a necessity, for anything. It's bonuses are small. They are only big when it is compared to the previous crafted relic, which is completelly outgrown.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post

Although we do not raid, or cannot raid, or no longer raid, or no longer CAN raid, we all deserve fair prices and upgrades at a reasonable cost.
    Or maybe you just play through the content and enjoy that. There is no need to rush and or jump to the top in anything.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

We're all due for an upgrade, just we are being exploited for it given the barter option being the only way to get Fragments of the Anduin.
    Also, some of us want to craft Grarik's weapons for our characters and we cannot afford the 400-750g price tag per Rime of the Anvil.
    Which also leads to another question: who in the right mind thought that 3 Rime of the Anvil for a weapon was a good idea? 3 Rime and 3 Shards for a shield?
    2 Fragments of the Anduin and 2 Ironfold Parchment for those new +1% mitigation scrolls?
    Why only 1% though?
    Same can be asked about the honey rolls but those at least add 5% damage and 5% outgoing healing.

Why you need the stuff which need the fragments/ rimes if you don't raid. Why you need top gear?
    The other stuff is good enough for landscape etc. Furthermore the purple crafted are a big statraise too, why you need the shiny golden ones.
    If you want to raid and IF you failed on the stats up to now for t1/t2, the statraise from virtues, the purple crafted and the settings etc of the vale should be more as enough.

Why only 1% though?

[/QUOTE]some of us want to craft Grarik's weapons for our characters[/QUOTE]

There can be a huge gap between what we "want" and what we are willing to "earn". Just because something exists in the game does not mean we all deserve it or need it. We have to be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Why you need the stuff which need the fragments/ rimes if you don't raid. Why you need top gear?
    The other stuff is good enough for landscape etc. Furthermore the purple crafted are a big statraise too, why you need the shiny golden ones.
    If you want to raid and IF you failed on the stats up to now for t1/t2, the statraise from virtues, the purple crafted and the settings etc of the vale should be more as enough.

Why does everyone just assume that I just want raid stuff without raiding nor that I want to raid?
    I am trying to better gear without breaking bank so I can raid someday.

BTW, what gold crafted stuff?

Man, people just want to defend hard against me because they really don't want to see any change nor want to see others get better.
    And want to make thousands of gold without having to try hard to do so.

Why does everyone just assume that I just want raid stuff without raiding nor that I want to raid?

Man, people just want to defend hard against me because they really don't want to see any change nor want to see others get better.
    Golden crafted relics.

And I won't hinder you to raid. I just say the golden relics and the rime needed shields etc., aren't needed for T2.
    Which is maximum for Starting for t3 you nned at least a few pieces from the raid armour which drops in t2.
    And in t2 you will find the rimes. If you Start now it's even cheaper for you cause you will need 3 fragments of the vale for a shield etc and not three rimes anymore.

You hit the nail on the head

You hit the nail on the head
    No he doesn´t he wants stuff which he doesn´t need.
    There is nothing that he shouldn´t become better, but he needs to do t2 before he can do t3 to find the sets.
    And for t2 stats are only secondary relevant but they are already strongly improved through the other changes virtues, settings etc.
    And if he does t2 to find the sets he will find rimes which grant the access to the stuff he wants now.
    If someone wants to raid he need to go over t2 then he find the stuff. If someone doesn´t want to raid there is no need for this stuff.

The purple crafted relic is actually not much use Mukor.

Sealed Vales Carrock Device of Agility
    971 Agility

This equates to . . .
    1942 Physical Mastery
    971 Critical Rating
    1942 Parry
    2193 Evade

Westemnet Device of Accuracy
    137 Agility
    1123 Crit Rating
    1516 Physical Mastery

This equates to . . .
    1585 Physical Mastery
    1260 Crit Rating
    274 Parry
    411 Evade

Keep in mind that the latter is four tiers below the new Purple relic and is level 95!

The new purple relic gives a small 357 raise in mastery, and a loss of 289 Crit rating. The extra parry and evade is negligible, though ok for a tanking warden maybe.

It's kinda worthless. Make it to gain one thing, just to lose another. It's designed this way of course, because SSG want players to want the Gold one, and to get that, they either have to raid (small percentage of players), or buy store items to sell for gold, to buy one. They've not even been discreet about it - it's blatant. This is why the new relics are not bound to character, as they have always been, and why they are not gated behind guild rep, as they have always been.

They don't want to undermine all the hard work players have invested into the LI grind, so we wait years for a revamp, but all the years that players have invested in Guild crafting (some actually paid for), means nada.

Anyone who defends this is having a laugh. SSG are definitely having a laugh. I don't think they will laugh long though, lots of players are seriously peeved. I think the LS may just be saving some bacon on this, as that's keeping some subbing, where they probably would have dropped it like a hot brick over all this stuff.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Jun 13 2019 at 09:02 AM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

There is nothing that he shouldn´t become better, but he needs to do t2 before he can do t3 to find the sets.
    And for t2 stats are only secondary relevant but they are already strongly improved through the other changes virtues, settings etc.
    And if he does t2 to find the sets he will find rimes which grant the access to the stuff he wants now.
    If someone wants to raid he need to go over t2 then he find the stuff. If someone doesn´t want to raid there is no need for this stuff.
    I have to disagree, everyone would benefit from new crafted relics. There's no reason for those to be gated behind a raid. Additionally, everyone wants, and benefits from gear upgrades, and there's no reason for them to only be available to players who choose one of the many available play styles.

You're ridiculous. EVERYONE wants stuff they don't necessarily NEED.
    I bet you that don't need almost everything you wan yourself.
    I can play the same card as you are playing and say that you don't need this stuff either but that will get us nowhere.

You're ridiculous. EVERYONE wants stuff they don't necessarily NEED.
    I bet you that don't need almost everything you wan yourself.
    I can play the same card as you are playing and say that you don't need this stuff either but that will get us nowhere.
    Except the last two updates with the ridiculous high statraises. raidrewards where allways for making the next tier possible (who lnows maybe we will get t4 soon.) or beeing startergear for the next endcontent that you can skip the landscape farming.
    But even without a t4 release what do we have?
    instnaces t1(t2/t3: possible/easy with questrwards/landscape farmrewards-> rewards: tealgear + ashes chance depending on the tier + for the sixmen in t3 golden teal.
    anvil t1: totally easy dobable with teal gear-> rewards a bit better teal gear + ashes +runes
    anvil t2: totally doable with tealgear (lvl 176+ vendor )-> rewards: armoursets +rimes+ashes + tealgear (t1) +runes
    anvil t3: doable with the gear from t2-> rewards: see t2 + jewls with bonuses

beside the bonuses raiding allways requires the knowledge off the classes (as more you know from the other classes as better it is) and knowledge about the mechanics and how to counteract them.

Furthermore for each reward it´s the same, they ease the done content for you that you procceed from a hard nearly wipe done to a farming state for your twinks ( or now in cases of the rimes a moneysource which crafters hvae right after each update).

The access to the rimes etc are for everyone given, exspecially for those who want to raid cause they need to go over anvil t2 a few times minimum.

What yo guays are asking for is an easier way to have the stuff for which raiders invest a lot of time.

I have to disagree, everyone would benefit from new crafted relics. There's no reason for those to be gated behind a raid. Additionally, everyone wants, and benefits from gear upgrades, and there's no reason for them to only be available to players who choose one of the many available play styles.
    So access to something cause you choose one of the playstyles. what´s about crafting one of the playstyles too. where is the access to scrolls, food, tokens etc if you don´t choose this playstyle?
    Ah all right the ah. Oh what´s in the ah too? Rimes.

But we shouldn´t forget the topic off this thread which is "REMOVE the option to trade rimes for anduin fragments"
    Which is totally wrong cause it´s a requst to remove something for the reason he can´t use this option.
    Would be the same as a request like " remove starlits as festival rewards". If someone want to spend his time in a virtuell festival le him have it.

All I say is: there is no need to add other ways to earn them.

But let the devsa decide if they give you some other ways. But this shouldnm´t be an easyone in terms of time. equal to the time raiders spend to be ready for it and this with the 10% chance for a rime as raiders have.

Edit: 500 tokens of beornings or woodmen for one fragment of the vale would be a good option.
    Last edited by Mukor; Jun 13 2019 at 11:21 AM.

So access to something cause you choose one of the playstyles. what´s about crafting one of the playstyles too. where is the access to scrolls, food, tokens etc if you don´t choose this playstyle?
    Ah all right the ah. Oh what´s in the ah too? Rimes.
    Similar items are available from NPCs (provisioners), as quest rewards, drops from mobs, and from some rep traders, from Hobbit Gift Boxes, loot boxes, via LOTRO store and the AH. (available to multiple play styles)

But we shouldn´t forget the topic off this thread which is "REMOVE the option to trade rimes for anduin fragments"
    Which is totally wrong cause it´s a requst to remove something for the reason he can´t use this option.
    Would be the same as a request like " remove starlits as festival rewards". If someone want to spend his time in a virtuell festival le him have it.

But let the devsa decide if they give you some other ways. But this shouldnm´t be an easyone in terms of time. equal to the time raiders spend to be ready for it and this with the 10% chance for a rime as raiders have.
    Yes, the topic is "REMOVE the option to trade rimes for Anduin fragments", which is not only an issue, but an indicator pointing to the larger issue being discussed. The OP is quite correct, this is an issue that needs addressed. Not only is this mechanism not in keeping with prior game design, but it also moves a crafted item, that should fall under not only crafting, but the crafting guilds, to being a raid drop. This is a departure from the process for all similar items over the past twelve years, without justification.

As far as starlights, I agree with you, there needs to be more paths to earning them.

In as far as Dev decisions, this is the player forum for feedback and input. This is where the product consumers communicate with the vendor offering the service we're paying for. Why exactly do you think we should stop giving feedback, you free to give your own as well.

Similar items are available from NPCs (provisioners), as quest rewards, drops from mobs, and from some rep traders, from Hobbit Gift Boxes, loot boxes, via LOTRO store and the AH. (available to multiple play styles)
    I never see the best warding/battle scrolls, tokens and buff/reg would in any of your named sources except the ah.

What you called similar is as similar as https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...Tactical_Crit) is to https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...Tactical_Crit)

Edit: 500 tokens of beornings or woodmen for one fragment of the vale would be a good option.
    Actually, in keeping with the topic of this thread, they shouldn't have had rimes trading for artifacts, because those have been stockpiled for months. They should have just had artifacts in the raid. No stockpiling in advance, but still a raid gated rare item. But that's a different topic.

I really don't want artifacts, I just want to craft some new recipes in an update that stipulated there is new crafting. I don't even care what those recipes make, but it would be nice if it included some consumables and a Guild gated crafted relic that is actually worth the mats needed to make it. I didn't do all that guild crafting for the benefit of my health, much the same as you didn't get raid ready for the benefit of yours right?. The pack didn't stipulate there is new crafting only - if you happen to raid. If I'd have paid for this update, I'd be looking for a refund around about now. SSG dropped the ball on this one as far as I'm concerned. If they want to keep having my money, they best come up with something better than this for the next time around.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Jun 13 2019 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Actually, in keeping with the topic of this thread, they shouldn't have had rimes trading for artifacts, because those have been stockpiled for months. They should have just had artifacts in the raid. No stockpiling in advance, but still a raid gated rare item. but that's a different topic.

I really don't want artifacts, I just want to craft some new recipes in an update that stipulated there is new crafting. It didn't stipulate there is new crafting if you happen to raid. If I'd have paid for this update, i'd be looking for a refund.
    Very good point, as crafters all we're even given anymore, in as far as gear, are essences and combining of raid/high-end content drops ... which isn't crafting.

Very good point, as crafters all we're even given anymore, in as far as gear, are essences and combining of raid/high-end content drops ... which isn't crafting.
    I really don't mind much that I can't craft gear (but to be able to craft some regular non raid potency gear would be nice), but crafting of consumables is kinda my thing. I enjoy providing that service to my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I really don't mind much that I can't craft gear (but to be able to craft some regular non raid potency gear would be nice), but crafting of consumables is kinda my thing. I enjoy providing that service to my friends.
    I agree, but not all crafting vocations can do that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast