We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    is there another way to aquire them ?
    other than bartering ofc
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    is there another way to aquire them ?
    other than bartering ofc

Rime of the Anvil for 2 Fragments of the Anduin is the only option to acquire them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Yup Mukor, we know, and many of us were up there fighting your corner for you through that time, not defending it. You know, that's happened to both raiders and also to people who don't like group content over the years right? Perhaps the next time this happens to the playstyle you enjoy, people should just back SSG up on it and defend it to the hilt, because that's what you're doing. You're giving this a free past, because of something that happened in the game years ago, that you didn't like. You know where that goes right? I somehow think, if you get a raw deal at any point though, me saying, "Don't worry Mukor, this has happened to crafters in the past", is not going to be what you want to hear. But people will remember your stance here, and that's likely what you will hear, and people will expect you to suck it up, just like you're expecting crafters to suck this up.
    In all my coments I never said there shouldn't be another option.
    I only said this other option shouldn't be easy. Either it should need time or skill.
    Easy get able and with it worthless stuff we've got enough in the game.

Its a new area, but same tier yes. So prey tell, why does one proportion of the player base get new recipes for that old tier, when the rest do not?
    Every single crafting profession got new recipes with u24. Every single crafting profession got recipes that DO NOT require a vales artifact with u24. Every Single player (who has ironfold crafting unlocked) got new recipes with u24. Every Single player (who has ironfold crafting unlocked) got new recipes that DO NOT require a vales artifact with u24.

Mordor at least, did have lesser alternatives.
    There are lesser alternatives, there are recipes to make lvl 120 purple weapons/shields/instruments 10 or so item levels lower then the teal ones in the vales.

Quote Originally Posted by mkcraft27 View Post
    Every single crafting profession got new recipes with u24. Every single crafting profession got recipes that DO NOT require a vales artifact with u24. Every Single player (who has ironfold crafting unlocked) got new recipes with u24. Every Single player (who has ironfold crafting unlocked) got new recipes that DO NOT require a vales artifact with u24.

There are lesser alternatives, there are recipes to make lvl 120 purple weapons/shields/instruments 10 or so item levels lower then the teal ones in the vales.
    Just a small correction, the purple output recipes you refer to (except the purple relics) came with U23 (which is already more than 6 months old), not U24.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothrir View Post
    Just a small correction, the purple output recipes you refer to (except the purple relics) came with U23 (which is already more than 6 months old), not U24.
    True, but I never said the purple recipes come from u24. Even though they come from u23, they are still current level cap items. And for many professions (jeweler, tailor, scholar, cook) they are still the best gear/consumables you can craft.

The point is that they either cost Dwarrowmark (20th, 40th, 60th EM daily quests) or Dwarf-iron Fragments (EM instances or bartered for 100 Marks of the Longbeard)
    Or shards. Or Both shards and Dwarf-iron Fragments or shards and Dwarrowmark.

We are wanting recipes that do not require anything that you have to bend over backwards for.

The shards are 120g a pop on my server so that makes the shields worth 360g, the pockets worth 240g and gear 120g each.
    No one will bother with those recipes if they are not rich.
    The weapons and the crossbows take a Dwarrowmark. Again, you need to complete 20, 40, 60 daily quests.

Now the purple relics with u24 take FIVE of the daily quest Dwarrowmarks.
    Grarik's takes 3 Rime of the Anvil (Again, WHY THREE?!) and shields 3 shards each (I repeat, WHY THREE?!)

Now the new recipes are Fragment of the Anduin heavy and the only way to get those fragments are from the rime that are needed for Grarik's.
    Now the prices are higher than Snoop Dog and Grarik's weapons are not worth making anymore because everyone wants to barter to make the gold relics and vales weapons.

I just looked at my heavy armor recipes and they all take 50 Ironfold Ingots, either 1 Dwarrowmark or 1 Dwarf-iron Fragment and THREE Dwarrowgleam Shards.
    And they are not even all that great given that the critical successes of these recipes are WORTHLESS.
    The basic armor should be at least the same value as ilvl 370 Stonehelm gear from the instances and the critical success versions being teal versions and ilvl 376 with a essence slot.
    Oh and BASICALLY the only recipes that we can craft without bending over backwards are consumables. THAT'S IT. Consumables.
    What a disgrace of a crafting tier actually.
    At least with Doomfold tier, you were able to craft components on a 18-hour cooldown.
    Truthfully, I would much rather prefer THAT system over the stupid system we have right now.

Honestly, I would much rather have the Low-grade, Medium-grade, High-grade system back.

Edit: and we are only given tank options on some and only dps options on the other heavy armor recipes.
    They should give us DPS options on the tank-only recipes and tank options on the DPS-only recipes.

Edit: after I logged my tailor, I can confirm that every armor piece takes the same quantity of materials and are not worth crafting at all.
    The pocket items take 2 shards each but the teal recipes take 2 of all 3 of the rare components. Still not worth crafting at all.

So all in hindsight, only the consumables are able to be crafted without bending over backwards and are of worth to craft.
    The gear recipes are trash aside from the weapons.
    Champions, Beornings and Burglars have no choice but to get Thorin's, Grarik's or Vales weapons if they want bigger off-hand hits.
    Hunters and Lore-masters have no choice but to get Thorin's, Grarik's, or Vales weapons to get their desired stats.
    Guardians, Wardens and Captains have have no choice but to get Stonehelm, Grarik's or Vales shields to get their desired stats.
    The only ones able to dodge the bullet are Rune-keepers since they don't use shields, off-hand or ranged weapons.
    Last edited by Pewpewmidget; Jun 17 2019 at 02:44 PM.

True, but I never said the purple recipes come from u24. Even though they come from u23, they are still current level cap items. And for many professions (jeweler, tailor, scholar, cook) they are still the best gear/consumables you can craft.
    Which brings us full circle back to the beginning again and the question . . . .

Why are there no "new" recipes for non raiding players in the "new" area? If they do not need them, then nobody does. Some folk keep saying, they do not need the new gear that can be made using recipes that use rimes. Well, neither do people that raid.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Which brings us full circle back to the beginning again and the question . . . .

Why are there no "new" recipes for non raiding players in the "new" area? If they do not need them, then nobody does. Some folk keep saying, they do not need the new gear that can be made using recipes that use rimes. Well, neither do people that raid.
    Other question is there a new raid in the new area?

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Other question is there a new raid in the new area?
    no, but it has been confirmed by cord there's a new 6-man coming.

i'm assuming the entry level to that is Ironfold T2 gear (hence the 376 ilevel barters in vales) and that vale fragments will drop in it, but this hasn't been said anywhere by devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rielthiere View Post

i'm assuming the entry level to that is Ironfold T2 gear (hence the 376 ilevel barters in vales) and that vale fragments will drop in it, but this hasn't been said anywhere by devs.
    First a 6 men isn't a raid.
    And if this is true you got your other opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rielthiere View Post

And I also heard someone mention another daily instance at Hultvis on another one of my threads.

Exactly!
    We do not have any non-raider or non-instance friendly GEAR recipes.
    True, we do have consumables, but the GEAR recipes cost 3 shards and Dwarrowmark or Dwarf-iron Fragments each.
    The teal recipes cost both Dwarrowmark and Dwarf-iron and as well as shards.

The Grarik recipes wouldn't be all that bad had they only costed one Rime of the Anvil but they cost three times as many.
    The shields cost that and three shards.

Tell me again how we have casual recipes? lol
    I swear, I might be losing brain cells reading these replies from Mukor and Areyekuwe...

First a 6 men isn't a raid.
    And if this is true you got your other opportunity.
    It's still group content, and you're comparing apples with oranges. Raids take a massive amount of work to develop. By the way, the new solo content takes about two hours from start to finish, in poor gear. So, what is you point? If it's to say that non raiders got a ton of stuff to do to keep them busy for months, you're way off the mark. Add to that, the only content they did get to play at the end, gives them tokens to buy . . . guess what . . .

recipes that take a raid item.

You keep suggesting to me, that you're not defending this latest move by SSG, yet, every time someone comes in with a valid point, you defend against it.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

It's still group content, and you're comparing apples with oranges. Raids take a massive amount of work to develop. By the way, the new solo content takes about two hours from start to finish, in poor gear. So, what is you point? If it's to say that non raiders got a ton of stuff to do to keep them busy for months, you're way off the mark. Add to that, the only content they did get to play at the end, gives them tokens to buy . . . guess what . . .

recipes that take a raid item.

You keep suggesting to me, that you're not defending this latest move by SSG, yet, every time someone comes in with a valid point, you defend against it.
    Where is the differnce we all are finished with the current part of our playstyle.
    Just recipes etc are easier to developed doesn´t mean it should be released more frequently.
    Raiders have to repeat the anvil so you can say crafters can, if the enjoy craftign so much, repeat to craft the old recipes and sell the items to the vendor.
    We all have to repeat the given content for our favored playstyle until we get new. And no playstyle is worth more as the other should be renewered more frequently as the other.
    Landscape etc we get with a higher frequency to keep us busy. No you miss the mayority of the recipes this updates the world keep spinning. next update both sides will get new content for them. I´m sure.
    And if the fellow above is right you get your other opportunities to get the fragments.

Why are there no "new" recipes for non raiding players in the "new" area? If they do not need them, then nobody does..
    There are new recipes for non raiders from the new area, every crafting profession has them. In addition to the 2 recipes that every rafting profession receives that require 0 vales artifacts (purple relic and t3 essences), there are 40 new housing item recipes between all the professions except jeweler. I have not purchased those recipes so I dont know for sure, but im willing to bet they don't require any vales artifacts. On top of that, I also believe the cook has a new food recipe that doesn't require any vales artifacts.

So what exactly do you mean when you say there are no new recipes for non-raiders.

You guys are not getting the point. You don't start Ironfold tier with gear anyone can make without touching Iron Hills, Ered Mithrin and Vales of Anduin.

Anyone can make consumables, whoopity-do. Consumables, yay!
    Will they help gear me? Nope!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    You guys are not getting the point. You don't start Ironfold tier with gear anyone can make without touching Iron Hills, Ered Mithrin and Vales of Anduin.

Anyone can make consumables, whoopity-do. Consumables, yay!
    Will they help gear me? Nope!
    Ironfoldcraftimg is for 120 you Start questing Ironfold with 115 geared. So you've to quest, level and collect dwarf marks. Which you can trade to recipes if you hit 120 and want to craft your gear.
    Which is more than enough for landscape and good starting for grouping with which you get better gear for higher tiers/ raiding. You raid you get better gear/ craft materials for crafting better gear to do higher tiers.
    So the system itself works. The problem is that you want to wear raid gear for landscape which is not needed.

you Start questing Ironfold with 115 geared.

I am going to stop you right there.
    Most people NEVER start Ironfold geared at 115.
    Stop arguing against me, you know I am right.
    You just don't want them to accommodate to our style of play.
    We stood up for you so called raiders back when they a drought of raiding content.
    This is how you guys treat us?
    By arguing that we don't need anything to help us get better?
    Are you seriously that blind?
    Many people adventure all the time with useless trash gear because they cannot afford the 3 Dwarrowgleam Shards, Dwarrowmark or Dwarf-iron Fragment needed PER gear piece.
    Or 3,500 Embers of Enchantment for something that actually is LANDSLIDES better than what they would get from questing.
    Or the Dwarrowgleam Shard and Universal Solvent for each essence. Or the 3,000 to 4,000 Embers of Enchantment for an essence.
    This is why people are quitting. Lack of support to every aspect of playing.
    A game cannot be raid heavy and strive, nor be quest only and strive.
    There needs to be a balance. There needs to be a common ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    I am going to stop you right there.
    Most people NEVER start Ironfold geared at 115.
    Stop arguing against me, you know I am right.
    You just don't want them to accommodate to our style of play.
    We stood up for you so called raiders back when they a drought of raiding content.
    This is how you guys treat us?
    By arguing that we don't need anything to help us get better?
    Are you seriously that blind?
    Many people adventure all the time with useless trash gear because they cannot afford the 3 Dwarrowgleam Shards, Dwarrowmark or Dwarf-iron Fragment needed PER gear piece.
    Or 3,500 Embers of Enchantment for something that actually is LANDSLIDES better than what they would get from questing.
    Or the Dwarrowgleam Shard and Universal Solvent for each essence. Or the 3,000 to 4,000 Embers of Enchantment for an essence.
    This is why people are quitting. Lack of support to every aspect of playing.
    A game cannot be raid heavy and strive, nor be quest only and strive.
    There needs to be a balance. There needs to be a common ground.
    If you don't paly a new char. You've ended with 115 in erebor pre U23.
    There you started with leveling and collecting longbeards.
    If you Do fast leveling via wargpens or something as that it's a self caused problem that you need to wait until you can craft your primary equip.
    For the embers All have to do the same grind run dayly the ressourceinstances etc.

Besides that there is no game in which you've access to all items if you don’t do All aspects who h the game has. We can be happy to be able to buy the items from other players.
    So everyone can choose do all content, buy the missing parts from others or miss the items.

And we've a good balance between raiders and the others or the landscape wouldn't be so redicolous easy that everyone can't fail.

end game raiding in LOTRO tanked years ago, let the raiders have thier stuff so they feel good about the mindless grind they go thru. just to redo it when the next gear cycle comes out.

for me, pvmp was the fun end game distraction and a reason to get raid gear, it was a dynamic and NOT scripted battle that was a test.

well the pvp ship has sailed on LOTRO, now the only reason to get good raid gear is to make the raid (which is scripted and never changes) easier.thats boring for me

LOTRO's DPS check raids are only fun till you beat it, then its rinse and repeat ad nauseum.also boring for me.

like others have said , landscape is stupid easy, and pvmp is non existant. so let the raiders feel good about doing raids and have great gear for no reason other than they have fun doing it. you dont need gold essences/top relics to pve or run festival instances,

you dont even need gear to walk over creeps these days , and you certainly dont have/need gear when you do t1 the 1st time , you get t1/landscape gear and you tier up to t2 and t3 but IMO without valid PVP, the end result is the same. killing time for gear thats obsolete next cycle.

SSG has given us all plenty of time sinks to keep us busy.

to each his own.
    Last edited by subadar; Jun 18 2019 at 08:22 PM.

Mortem Tyrannis

But we shouldn´t forget the topic off this thread which is "REMOVE the option to trade rimes for anduin fragments"
    Which is totally wrong cause it´s a requst to remove something for the reason he can´t use this option.
    Would be the same as a request like " remove starlits as festival rewards". If someone want to spend his time in a virtuell festival le him have it.

All I say is: there is no need to add other ways to earn them.

But let the devsa decide if they give you some other ways. But this shouldnm´t be an easyone in terms of time. equal to the time raiders spend to be ready for it and this with the 10% chance for a rime as raiders have.

Edit: 500 tokens of beornings or woodmen for one fragment of the vale would be a good option.

There is no need to remove the option to trade rimes for the Aritifacts of the Vale ... what IS needed is an alterntive to obtaining a new crafted relic that does not require the Artifacts of the Vale. Every player in the game needs a new crafted relic and not one that is 25 levels below cap. Many players would not have bothered to level crafting on some of their characters if not for being able to make the bound-to-character relics.

I don't think anyone has a issue with there being items you can only earn through raiding. It seems that the issue is blurring the lines of crafted items and items earned in a raid. It is unrealistic to think that only raiders deserve upgrades to gear, etc. In the past crafted gear has been a viable alternative for non-raiders. I don't think anyone is suggesting that all players NEED the new gold reclic, but they/we do NEED and DESERVE an upgrade to what we have had in that slot for 25 levels.

It was mentioned that anyone can raid and while this is true ... the option is there for all ... not everyone chooses to raid. They may not be able to set aside the time, they may be in a small guild that does not raid and choose not to join random groups. Whatever the reason, it is valid. We should not have to raid to get an upgrade to gear. Non-raiders were overlooked when it came to the new crafted relic.

I would hate to see anything taken away from anyone. Personally, I would just like to see options that address the needs and playstyles of a larger portion of the player base.
    Last edited by Kynlee; Jun 19 2019 at 04:46 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Kynlee View Post
    There is no need to remove the option to trade rimes for the Aritifacts of the Vale ... what IS needed is an alterntive to obtaining a new crafted relic that does not require the Artifacts of the Vale. Every player in the game needs a new crafted relic and not one that is 25 levels below cap. Many players would not have bothered to level crafting on some of their characters if not for being able to make the bound-to-character relics.

I don't think anyone has a issue with there being items you can only earn through raiding. It seems that the issue is blurring the lines of crafted items and items earned in a raid. It is unrealistic to think that only raiders deserve upgrades to gear, etc. In the past crafted gear has been a viable alternative for non-raiders. I don't think anyone is suggesting that all players NEED the new gold reclic, but they/we do NEED and DESERVE an upgrade to what we have had in that slot for 25 levels.

It was mentioned that anyone can raid and while this is true ... the option is there for all ... not everyone chooses to raid. They may not be able to set aside the time, they may be in a small guild that does not raid and choose not to join random groups. Whatever the reason, it is valid. We should not have to raid to get an upgrade to gear. Non-raiders were overlooked when it came to the new crafted relic.

I would hate to see anything taken away from anyone. Personally, I would just like to see options that address the needs and playstyles of a larger portion of the player base.
    If the fellows above are right you get (an)other option(s).
    And for raiding. First if someone doesn't raid the only reason who hinders him is himself. There are running enough pugs which you can join. Second you even don’t have to make the whole raid, just join the sideboss pugs (around 10 min after being full) and you've get two shards for sure and a chance of a rime.
    And for Starting you get the purple ones at least the vitality is better as the old golden.
    As I said if you don't do All aspects of a game you allway will miss a few items. Which we've to trade or will never see.

If the fellows above are right you get (an)other option(s).
    And for raiding. First if someone doesn't raid the only reason who hinders him is himself. There are running enough pugs which you can join. Second you even don’t have to make the whole raid, just join the sideboss pugs (around 10 min after being full) and you've get two shards for sure and a chance of a rime.
    And for Starting you get the purple ones at least the vitality is better as the old golden.
    As I said if you don't do All aspects of a game you allway will miss a few items. Which we've to trade or will never see.
    And what is that "(an)other" option?

And for raiding ... "if someone doesn't raid the only reason who hinders him is himself" ... what does that even mean? I appreciate that you took the time to explain raiding and pug groups to me. It was not necessary ... I am a raider. My point was some people CHOOSE to not raid or run with pugs. There is nothing wrong with either choice. MY ENTIRE point is that this is not a game JUST for raiders, others should have options for upgrading gear. This game will not survive without all categories of players .. raiders/casuals/crafters/pet collectors/questers, etc.

I also have seen a lot of use of "them" and "us" in this thread. There should be no them/us/we/you/me when suggesting that SSG consider their entire player base when introducing new content and rewards. WE (the entire player base which is compised of ALL play styles) should expect to be able to grow our character, even if it is not with BiS items.

I understand that the items we are discussing (Rimes and Artifacts of the Vale) and the items made with those resources can be bought on AH. People should be able to get level appropriate gear from crafting, questing and playing the game. No one should have to rely on the AH simply beacuse there was only ONE way introduced to obtain an upgraded crafted relic. Yes, I know that there is a purple relic available. That huge +971 pts of will/might/agility is going to make everyone OP with the 1942 Mastery it provides.

Mukor, you need to look at the big picture. We are all aware that harder content provides GREATER rewards. I hope you are not suggesting that by not doing the harder content that people are entitled to NO reward.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast