We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Best vocations to pick for five chars

I've come back to the game after a long break and am levelling five new characters in synchrony.
    They are: LM, Hunter, Captain, Warden, Runekeeper
    What vocations do you recommend I pick? I'm aware that four vocations cover every profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Earendils_Silmaril View Post
    I've come back to the game after a long break and am levelling five new characters in synchrony.
    They are: LM, Hunter, Captain, Warden, Runekeeper
    What vocations do you recommend I pick? I'm aware that four vocations cover every profession.
    I would suggest a teleporter class (hunter/warden) to be explorer (guilded tailor) That way needed materials are never far away.
    One class should be Armorer (Metalsmith guild)
    If you want ability to make Hunter LI bows and Warden Javelins/Spears, LM staves you definitely want a Woodsman (guilded Woodworker)

I do have all 7 guilded crafters, and I would say guilded cook was the least useful. I don't even recall ever buying any guild recipes. But having a cook for stat foods is definitely a plus.
    So, what other profession to NOT guild? Scholar, Jeweler or Weaponsmith?
    I would say weaponsmith since Woodworker can make LI hamners/clubs/spears as needed.

Thus, suggested vocation (guild)
    Explorer (Tailor) Warden/Hunter
    Woodsman (Woodworker) Hunter/Warden
    Historian (Scholar) LM
    Tinker (Jeweler) RK
    Armorer (Metalsmith) Captain.

LM will also have Farmer and Weaponsmith
    RK also Cooks

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    I would suggest a teleporter class (hunter/warden) to be explorer (guilded tailor) That way needed materials are never far away.
    One class should be Armorer (Metalsmith guild)
    If you want ability to make Hunter LI bows and Warden Javelins/Spears, LM staves you definitely want a Woodsman (guilded Woodworker)

I do have all 7 guilded crafters, and I would say guilded cook was the least useful. I don't even recall ever buying any guild recipes. But having a cook for stat foods is definitely a plus.
    So, what other profession to NOT guild? Scholar, Jeweler or Weaponsmith?
    I would say weaponsmith since Woodworker can make LI hamners/clubs/spears as needed.

Thus, suggested vocation (guild)
    Explorer (Tailor) Warden/Hunter
    Woodsman (Woodworker) Hunter/Warden
    Historian (Scholar) LM
    Tinker (Jeweler) RK
    Armorer (Metalsmith) Captain.

LM will also have Farmer and Weaponsmith
    RK also Cooks
    Thanks for the recommendations. What are the benefits of guild Jeweller?

I would agree overall but I definitely think weaponsmith should be in the guild rather than the scholar - you want to be able to make LI blades/axes as elves and men both have a racial bonus for using swords and dwarves for using axes. So your hunter needs a sword and your captain too... Unless of course you only have hobbits...

My main weaponsmith is an armsman, but then I have seven characters so can afford to have extras. The woodworking is on the back-burner because my main characters are steel-wielders

Jeweller makes stuff for the lore-master, and legendary RK items.

Edit: Mind you, you want scholar for the LM books... maybe you need a sixth character just to level the crafting for - if you want all the stuff.
    Last edited by TheArtilleryman; May 31 2019 at 04:53 AM.
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Quote Originally Posted by Earendils_Silmaril View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations. What are the benefits of guild Jeweller?
    Not TOO much frankly. Only RK LIs. Problem is, if you want a Jeweler at all, you need a Tinker.