We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Need Raid Advice

I have a level 120 bug that I have ONLY soloed up till now. Howeverr, at this point, I'm considering using him in raids, so I'd like to know specifically what raids want most from burgs, and what type of build is best. All advice is welcome!!
    Last edited by ocheagle; May 31 2019 at 10:52 AM.

So, was this a dumb question?

I just want to be sure that I'm doing what's best to help the raid succeed. Would really appreciate any pointers.

A friend of mine who raids with her burg says yellow line is usually what burgs use in raids. I can't give you any more advice, since I've only played with red and blue lines.

But until someone knowledgeable about raiding burgs respond to your post, you could start learning the skills in yellow so you're really familiar with them. Once you have a handle on the skills, you'll probably start figuring out how to use them to support a raid. Would also be good if you could connect with a raiding burg on your server, or join a kin that raids and can help tutor you.

And c'mon, all of you raiding burgs, help this burg transition from solo artist to raid warrior!

Quote Originally Posted by ocheagle View Post
    I have a level 120 bug that I have ONLY soloed up till now. Howeverr, at this point, I'm considering using him in raids, so I'd like to know specifically what raids want most from burgs, and what type of build is best. All advice is welcome!!

As mentioned above yellow line plus red is usual trait set up on current burg for raids

I can try and summarize a little:

Your role in raids as a Burg is to positively effect the amount of Damage output your raid group puts out and also reduce the amount of damage your raid group receives.

You do this through utilizing your Tricks, Marks and Debuffing skills.

As a burglar you need to be reactive to the situation at hand.

Your main tricks would be opting to use either Disabling trick to reduce damage or enrage Trick to increase damage on a target.
    Your tricks are not limited to just one target so don't be afraid to tab through active mobs applying tricks on them as required.

You also have allot of crowd control abilities through use of Riddle / Startling twist and Exploit opening /Trip all of which will increase survivability and DPS efficiency of group.

You will want to apply your reveal weakness and Quite a snag debuffs to the Main RaT to increase the DPs of your team and I would advise you have a good look at all your skills which leave some sort of debuff on a target - most of these can be effected by in magnitude by your LI. Addle is superb skill for interrupts and also apply tactical damage debuff, very good up time use it often.

As well as all the debuffing and CC the Burglar can also deal some decent DPS, your role is very much to maintain all your buffs correctly for the situation you are facing but also deal some strong support damage. You can trait quite far into Red with 91 points in your yellow line build, look at the traits like vital points and try to go up to flashing blades taking all the traits effecting critical response skills.

Much of what a good Burglar does can go unseen in raid set up but if you keep the basics of what most groups expect from the Burglar active you can start to learn the yellow line raid Burg: Reveal on RaT and using Trickster skill for x2 Dissables or 2xEnrages or 1 of each. Most groups will notice and suffer if you don't maintain these basic things.
    Last edited by Fingerz; May 31 2019 at 06:20 PM.
    lil 'obbit of Evernight...

The Ascensio, Chaos Unbound, Paradox, Silent Paths, Ascension, Bonehunters, Legion of the Valar

Thanks very much to both of you! This helps a lot! I feel like I've got a much better understanding of the burg role in a raid and how to build my toon. Very much appreciated!!

May i add a bonus question for burglars playing in the legendary servers?

We only have 42 traits points so it's basically full yellow or full red line for us.

Si yellow line still the choice to go or is red line viable as a dps adding to the group by itself?

Same spec for raids as for fellow instances?

I was wonder if i would be more worth helping others do more dps or do it myself...

Thanks!
    Cereus - Burglar / Anor
    Onarius - Loremaster / Landroval
    Drexlorn, Zalken, Woaf - Warleader, Reaver, Warg / Landroval (Monsters)

Some people will always want to make it very complex. But it is really simple.

Raid is to assume you are talking about group of 12 or 24 people.

Boss is either causing too much damage to the group or is ok and just has too much morale.

Too much damage: use double disable (doubling part comes from use of Trikster) also dust in the eyes, reveal weakness and adelle, plus try to snag them.

Ok but too much morale: use double enrage plus reveal weakness, adele, dust in the eyes and snug them.

Current Burglar healing is buffed but a group should not really rely on that.

As above abilities magnify actions on / off a big group they are of big benefit.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    Some people will always want to make it very complex. But it is really simple.

Raid is to assume you are talking about group of 12 or 24 people.

Boss is either causing too much damage to the group or is ok and just has too much morale.

Too much damage: use double disable (doubling part comes from use of Trikster) also dust in the eyes, reveal weakness and adelle, plus try to snag them.

Ok but too much morale: use double enrage plus reveal weakness, adele, dust in the eyes and snug them.

Current Burglar healing is buffed but a group should not really rely on that.

As above abilities magnify actions on / off a big group they are of big benefit.
    But dust is a trick, can't add a third one except if there's something i don't know.

Apart that it's a really nice formula! Thank you!
    Cereus - Burglar / Anor
    Onarius - Loremaster / Landroval
    Drexlorn, Zalken, Woaf - Warleader, Reaver, Warg / Landroval (Monsters)

Quote Originally Posted by Drexlorn View Post
    But dust is a trick, can't add a third one except if there's something i don't know.

Apart that it's a really nice formula! Thank you!
    It's all choices

Sometimes you may want to keep an eye and be ready to remove a trick.

But it is simple like that:
    To enable
    To disable
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

Use dust mainly for trash pulls as it's always an AE trick and can then get an AE Twist stun.
    When a mob is stunned it can not Block Parry or Evade, your DPS'ers will get much better damage when trash mobs are stunned for 8 seconds with twist as they don't wake up from the stun, even when hit only when the twist expires.

Good example of a burglar doing more than being an enrage/dissable BOT for boss fights
    lil 'obbit of Evernight...

The Ascensio, Chaos Unbound, Paradox, Silent Paths, Ascension, Bonehunters, Legion of the Valar