We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    that is the total number of tiles, including admin-titles...

if you think of the crafting titles... there are 10 vocations, of which each character can only have 3.
    iirc, there are 2 titles per crafting tier, and you only have the title for the highest tier.

so you can only have 6 titles of 10x13x2... so 254 titles are not available just in the crafting range

When I checked yesterday, I had 9,194 completed quests on my main. I've never changed crafting vocations or things of that sort. Also, there are a few older areas I haven't revisited since revamps, possibly a few uncompleted tasks, as well as certain raid quests, PvMP quests, etc. I'd estimate somewhere between 9,800 and 10,200 total quests based upon this thread (and previous threads of a similar nature) combined with my own experience.

Would be interested to know how many word/lines of text quest there are in the game and hence how this compares to the complete works of Tolkien (will put the quality/quantity argument aside). Assuming 100 words per quest that would put LOTRO at 1.5 million, while the LOTR trilogy is a little over 500k.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoris_they_spider View Post
    Would be interested to know how many word/lines of text quest there are in the game and hence how this compares to the complete works of Tolkien (will put the quality/quantity argument aside). Assuming 100 words per quest that would put LOTRO at 1.5 million, while the LOTR trilogy is a little over 500k.
    100 words per quest? Are you kidding? I've only just started saying 'good morning' with 100 words.

As for quality/quantity, no need to put that argument aside: Professor Tolkien wrote one of the finest works of literature of the 20th century -- we're happy to play in his sandbox... but it's *his* sandbox.

MoL

I have only 3k quests done on my 65 lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    100 words per quest? Are you kidding? I've only just started saying 'good morning' with 100 words.

MoL
    I assumed 100 would be the right order of magnitude... I have 2 questions if you will indulge me:

1) What is the longest quest in the game in terms of written word? I know many quests are multi-part so we will go with saying number of words from the initial dialogue to get the quest in your log, to being rewarded XP for completion.
    2) What is the average number of words of text per quest?

Just found this thread. I've just spent the last week combing the game for anything that I might have missed. I currently have 9,276 quests completed and have 4 in my log that I still need to complete. Two of them I've had in my log since Moria, being the Loremaster and Warden level 58 assist quests. For some reason I guess I just never got round to helping those classes. Two more are the current "Ill Omens" quest that I wasn't around for the previous times it was available and the chicken quest "The Great Wide Open". Beyond those the only quests I'm aware that I am missing are the tier 2,3,4,5 quests for Bloody Threshold and the tier 2,3,4,5 quests for Remmorchant.

"The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2