We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Premium Housing Shortage

I have searched the forums but have not seen a thread on this. Could it be that I missed it?

Currently on Brandywine there is never 5 or more Stately Houses available and i mean in all of Premium Housing neighborhoods.

It makes it real hard for a group to move in / become neighbors.
    -My whole family plays and we would think about moving to same neighborhood with a LOT of enthusiasm. For now we just do not get a reason enough to leave the Shire.

There should be higher numbers of most popular, cheapest Stately houses available in the Premium Housing area. - I am sure devs can find room to build a few more of their most popular product.

Also, to encourage kin hall ownership in Gondor, allow for 2 kin halls per kin. One regular and one premium.
    -I would not mind owning an island, but can not abandon the Shire.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    I have searched the forums but have not seen a thread on this. Could it be that I missed it?

Currently on Brandywine there is never 5 or more Stately Houses available and i mean in all of Premium Housing neighborhoods.

It makes it real hard for a group to move in / become neighbors.
    -My whole family plays and we would think about moving to same neighborhood with a LOT of enthusiasm. For now we just do not get a reason enough to leave the Shire.

There should be higher numbers of most popular, cheapest Stately houses available in the Premium Housing area. - I am sure devs can find room to build a few more of their most popular product.
    At this point, there is only one stately house each in about 10 neighborhoods. I own a stately house in the Gondil neighborhood. I have 2 accounts and not all my characters are level 100+. I have to use the "tour" feature on the Bree housing broker to get half of my second account to my main account's neighborhood. The rest can stable from Dol Amroth.

I have all pieces of crafting equipment at my stately house, including a vendor and traveling banker. My stately house is near an auctioneer. Had I realized that there are NO mailboxes for public use in Cape Belfalas, I would not have bought a premium house. My second/alternate account is not VIP and has no personal access to mail. Argh. I have Doomfold crafters on both accounts. If I could purchase another stately house in the same neighborhood, my second account would be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by janlyn View Post
    At this point, there is only one stately house each in about 10 neighborhoods. I own a stately house in the Gondil neighborhood. I have 2 accounts and not all my characters are level 100+. I have to use the "tour" feature on the Bree housing broker to get half of my second account to my main account's neighborhood. The rest can stable from Dol Amroth.

I have all pieces of crafting equipment at my stately house, including a vendor and traveling banker. My stately house is near an auctioneer. Had I realized that there are NO mailboxes for public use in Cape Belfalas, I would not have bought a premium house. My second/alternate account is not VIP and has no personal access to mail. Argh. I have Doomfold crafters on both accounts. If I could purchase another stately house in the same neighborhood, my second account would be good to go.
    I have checked within last 2 months and never saw total of Stately houses at more then actually 2 on Brandywine. I typed 5 above to just account for possible "influx" - that I have not seen.

The houses are too far apart (I know it is in the feel of the place, meaning "luxury villa" style) But there is little feel of a street, front door can be identified with difficulty.
    -I would propose for the land survey and addition of more houses to existing neighborhoods. (all of these charming boulders and rock outcroppings are NOT decorative and should be built over, be it a garden or a front yard) In fact WHOLE area feels EXTREMELY unfinished.

Adding more Stately houses to these charming empty areas would give people more of what everyone wants, according to the demand.

Mail boxes of all houses in all housing areas should work for all public. Just like they do in the rest of landscape. - This would make housing neighborhoods ever so MORE useful.

Please consider adding Rally Horn to the neighborhoods so that people could summon their guests in. (In Premiun Neighborhood, as it is so stretched there should be minimum 2 of these)

To sum all these up, currently it is nearly not worth it to bother with this great area for these small snags and to live in the same neighborhood where your Kin house is, say in the Shire, is just so much better and so much more convenient. It needs attention.

Basically all of the housing areas should be a lot more like a functional City rather then something of an abandoned city previously under siege with some squatters in.

The Halloween candy trick event was really great in bringing neighborhoods into use.

Now this from release notes: Bree, Michel Delving, Hobbiton, Duillond, Celondim, and Thorin's Hall all now have slow and swift travel routes to their nearest housing neighbourhoods.
    -A very good small step in in general positive direction of making the neighborhoods more useful.

I have checked within last 2 months and never saw total of Stately houses at more then actually 2 on Brandywine. I typed 5 above to just account for possible "influx" - that I have not seen.

The houses are too far apart (I know it is in the feel of the place, meaning "luxury villa" style) But there is little feel of a street, front door can be identified with difficulty.
    -I would propose for the land survey and addition of more houses to existing neighborhoods. (all of these charming boulders and rock outcroppings are NOT decorative and should be built over, be it a garden or a front yard) In fact WHOLE area feels EXTREMELY unfinished.
    Oh, my stately house (Gladden) has the worst landscaping. The weeds are an embarrassment. I would hate for my mother to come over and see how I live. I'm just sure I'm going to catch some of that brush on fire the next time I bake a pizza in my outdoor oven.

I know this will sound really picky of me but the stately house indoor layout is hardly worth decorating. Who lives like that? On the other hand, my Bree home is very cozy but, I must say, you have me longing for the Shires. I'll make a visit soon. : )

I wonder if people like me are to blame for this, I bought two houses in Belfalas, side by side. With all my outside yard stuff, I wish I would have bought 4 instead of two. Yeah, I gave SSG some income, but I would hate to think I'm giving other players hardship.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I wonder if people like me are to blame for this, I bought two houses in Belfalas, side by side. With all my outside yard stuff, I wish I would have bought 4 instead of two. Yeah, I gave SSG some income, but I would hate to think I'm giving other players hardship.
    If you hadn't bought them, I would have. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by janlyn View Post
    If you hadn't bought them, I would have. Well done.
    Precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    That is the whole point: "Yeah, I gave SSG some income" In theory they should provide us all with more opportunities to do so.

My solution is for more Stately houses in existing neighborhoods, without taking any land / property from existing residents. By Building the neighborhoods out more. More towards something of a more finished state. More of actual Dol Amroth feel not so much Minas Tirith after the Battle feel.

My solution is for more Stately houses in existing neighborhoods, without taking any land / property from existing residents. By Building the neighborhoods out more. More towards something of a more finished state. More of actual Dol Amroth feel not so much Minas Tirith after the Battle feel.
    I agree. I would easily but one or two more stately houses but will unlikely buy a luxurious house. Ever.