We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Instance: The Snows Come Again ... bugged, or what?

This is one of those situations where I don't know whether I'm doing something wrong, or Lotro-wiki got something wrong, or the instance is broken and I should /bug it, or maybe it's a Known Issue and I missed the announcement.

One of my alts is currently working her way through Wildermore, and she's got trouble with the Byre Tor instance "The Snows Come Again."

I suppose practically everybody's done it at least once. You click on a little patch of snow with a ring, and you're in a blizzard, with Uruk-hai here and there and Nurzum on the perimeter. Defeat Uruks, run here, defeat more Uruks, run there, encounter Nurzum, run away, defeat some more Uruks and jump over a fence and down a cliff, at which point Lotro-wiki says,

Objective 9: run north, to the edge of Byre Tor.
    Objective 10: jump off the edge of Byre Tor's cliff.

Jump off the cliff, quickly!
    You do not remember any more -- only staggering blindly away, far away from Byre Tor.
    My alt has tried it three times, and each time, after she jumps off the cliff, she gets the message, "Run east!"

So she runs east until she runs into the shiny pink instance boundary wall, at around 32.5S 64.4W. If she runs in any other direction, she runs into either more pink boundaries, or the Byre Tor cliff, which can't be climbed. Nothing to do but leave, and fail, the instance.

I don't know if anybody else's alt has done this recently; but if so, has anyone noticed this bug? If it's a bug? Any advice? Should I /bug it (from the forum link, because GMs are few and far between these days) ?
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Oh my god, I hated that instance! I did it waaaaay back when Wildermore was new and vowed never to do it again. I cannot remember how I got past it, but I remember it being a pain.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Oh my god, I hated that instance! I did it waaaaay back when Wildermore was new and vowed never to do it again. I cannot remember how I got past it, but I remember it being a pain.
    Well, it's not quite a pain (the alt ls level 82 and the Uruks are green to her), but it's darned frustrating.

Particularly since I can remember half-a-dozen of my other alts having got through it, but I can't remember how.

Postscript: I tried it again today, accompanied by my husband's top Hunter, and mirabile dictu, we got through it. I don't know why it worked this time and not the last three times I tried it. (My husband's main is a mighty Hunter with fully leveled ILIs, but that *shouldn't* have had any effect on the instance succeeding or failing.

/shrug

I'm glad it worked out for ya. I had a Hell of a time with it.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Don't jump the fence until after the "Run East" text has appeared.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.