We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Festival quest are free to do them daily and earn rewards i fail see how this forces players to spend money when the content of festivals are free, unless you want to reset quest with mithril coin you buy to go faster, but making festival cosmetics BTA does not force players to run it, it can never cause anyone can ignore festivals altogether that's up to them. there are plenty of good stuff to spend money on, festivals are not one of them.
    Obviously you can't understand. Since i read you you prove me you are the exact kind of player SSG is looking for. The kind of player reasoning only on his own microcosm with zero overview. If it wasn't the case you'll never ask this kind of irrelevant stuff ATM.

Totally agree Pontin, and thanks for the thread bump.

Make festivals great again, stop with trying to force players down routes of the game they have no interest in. Trying to make non raiding crafters raid for crafting ingredients - doesn't make them raid. Trying to make non festival players do festival grinds for fluff, doesn't make them do festivals.

People just abandon the content that is being force channelled, bit by bit, until there is nothing left other than . . . find a new game, that doesn't try to change what they love about a game.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

They don't abandon this content Pontin is the proof of it. Proof there is people who love festival after all.

Quote Originally Posted by jokor View Post
    They don't abandon this content Pontin is the proof of it. Proof there is people who love festival after all.
    Pontin has decided not to abandon it, but Pontin is not "they." They - is plural, as in, more than one, and one person is by no means "proof" that others (maybe many others) work the same way.

I'm sure there are lots of players that haven't abandoned the festivals, as you say. I'm also sure that there are plenty that have. I know quite a few of them. I myself haven't abandoned them yet, but I play them probably 70% less now, because I can no longer help out kinnies and friends with festival fluff, because I can't store it anywhere to give out when they log in or join.

I have on the other hand, pretty much abandoned crafting, and all because of forced channelling of content that SSG seems to think - everyone should like (just like they're doing with festivals). Both these activities worked brilliantly, for 8-9 years prior to SSG's radical changes. It's a classic case of "if it aint broke . . . don't fix it." But they always try to reinvent the wheel, which is why the game is as it is today, with server populations down.

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
    I also wish the bound to account removed, mainly because I like to collect cosmetics, but then I can't store them. As they are bound to account, if I have vaults full of stuff, then... nothing. Because until now, I stored cosmetics I liked in house chests, but as they are bound, it's no longer possible.
    Bound to account things, even bound to PERSON things can be stored in housing chests, as long as that house chest is also on the same account, and not on a second account to get more houses and more spaces. My house chest is full of account bound stuff, as a matter of fact I tend to take the unbound stuff out to discard, as it will be more easily available if I need it again.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015! Now also playing on ANOR!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I fully agree with Pontin. As a member of a kinship that does some large concerts which draw people from many servers I support making cosmetics from the festivals not BOA. A lot of the visitors that come from other servers in the past have been able to take advantage of our wardrobe street to get themselves dressed up for a show, or to outfit their bands in something spiffy. I see no good reason to discourage sharing in the game. It was always one of the things I appreciated most about the Lotro community.
    The Lonely Mountain Band
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

Quote Originally Posted by jokor View Post
    You, sir, are a mentalist.

Noone loves the festivals, we are just forced into running them endlessly if we wish to evade spending real money to get things that a 'game' should provide as part of playing it, after having bought it. I am unsure how this masochistic nonsense came to be the norm for MMO's but, just like Hollywood, the producers will find that profits start to drop if they don't sort themselves out. Games are not supposed to demand a time investment greater than your employment to 'play' - by all means you can choose to but it should not be required to do so.

For myself, I cannot believe that I am spending my holiday days repeating uninteresting content half a dozen times a day to avoid spending cash to level the primary legacies of imaginary pieces of kit. Sheer insanity and this year it stops for this idiot.

The monetisation model has to change or in the industry will die because even addicts reach a breaking point, or maybe it's only the ones in their later years who do.

Quote Originally Posted by Helwryeth View Post

Noone loves the festivals, we are just forced into running them endlessly if we wish to evade spending real money to get things that a 'game' should provide as part of playing it, after having bought it. I am unsure how this masochistic nonsense came to be the norm for MMO's but, just like Hollywood, the producers will find that profits start to drop if they don't sort themselves out. Games are not supposed to demand a time investment greater than your employment to 'play' - by all means you can choose to but it should not be required to do so.

For myself, I cannot believe that I am spending my holiday days repeating uninteresting content half a dozen times a day to avoid spending cash to level the primary legacies of imaginary pieces of kit. Sheer insanity and this year it stops for this idiot.

The monetisation model has to change or in the industry will die because even addicts reach a breaking point, or maybe it's only the ones in their later years who do.
    Excuse me, but how do you know noone loves doing the festivals? Have you surveyed every player? For the most part, I do not mind doing festivals. They don't bother me.

Festival are great. Problem is some people could get tired because they are redundant not like on other game or in the past with turbine. Who is remember Bounder's Bounty and Bags of Bounder's Tokens ?

Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    Excuse me, but how do you know noone loves doing the festivals?
    Quite so, that was a touch on the sweeping side.

Perhaps I should rephrase that to be "Noone that I know or talk to in game loves doing the festivals repeatedly"?

But really the wider and more pertinent point I was making regarding the games structure was what came after that introductory declaration.

Quite so, that was a touch on the sweeping side.

Perhaps I should rephrase that to be "Noone that I know or talk to in game loves doing the festivals repeatedly"?

But really the wider and more pertinent point I was making regarding the games structure was what came after that introductory declaration.
    I used to enjoy doing them each year, and on quite a lot of characters. Others I know, used to too. Not so much now though. They've turned festivals into just another part of the gear grind - which seems to be encroaching into every part of the game. Gone are the days when we just did a festival for cute fluff, and enjoyed the process.

So yes, while your intro was sweeping, the rest of your post was completely on point.

I used to do festivals and grab cosmetics for the whole kinship and keep it in the housing box. Now that is no more possible. Why should somebody who likes cosmetics be forced to run festivals when they don't like them?
    I never raided in the game and I am SO happy that I can at least buy parts of the cool old set at the skirmish camps, since I LOVE cosmetics. My hubby never liked the festivals as much as I did, but he was happy that I grabbed all the beautiful new cosmetics for us. Now I have to run the festivals twice, to grab the cosmetics for him and myself.

Making festival goodies BTA was a bad idea.

Just my 2 cents.
    German HdRO-Guide. Für alles rund ums Spielvergnügen!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirchenmaus View Post
    I used to do festivals and grab cosmetics for the whole kinship and keep it in the housing box. Now that is no more possible. Why should somebody who likes cosmetics be forced to run festivals when they don't like them?
    I never raided in the game and I am SO happy that I can at least buy parts of the cool old set at the skirmish camps, since I LOVE cosmetics. My hubby never liked the festivals as much as I did, but he was happy that I grabbed all the beautiful new cosmetics for us. Now I have to run the festivals twice, to grab the cosmetics for him and myself.

Making festival goodies BTA was a bad idea.

Just my 2 cents.
    And what will happen if they give you easily cosmetic rewards ? As you said you don't raid and this kind of content is what you take you more time to do in each difficulty for stuff all your characters on the game otherwise area content are fast to do. At the end you will have nothing to do but maybe you play another game and you want unlock time for it ?

there will new Issues if we remove BTA

Although it would be able to share and swap festival cosmetics I think we need to also find a way to address the other associated issues:

1) If BOA is removed then it becomes tempting to FARM the items and sell them on the AH.

2) A group of friends could all get the same item just by passing it around - which wasn't quite the idea.

Lets take the second one first. A couple of strange (player suggested) sets of system behavior are a cause. We all suffer from not enough slots, so we can put something in a cosmetic slot and throw the original away. Hmm. I think what we would all prefer if we had A) A larger number of cosmetic slots; b) the ability to convert a non-cosmetic item into a cosmetic item by putting it the cosmetic storage. 3) The ability to move things from cosmetic slots into cosmetic storage and visa versa. 4) Have cosmetic storage be account based not character based. 5) Allow better organization of cosmetic storage (hats, gloves, feet, summer, winter, etc.. BTW, this means that it should be possible to 100-200 cosmetic storage slots or more. You can only have a cosmetic item if you still have it!! Give it to someone else and you lose.

Now lets try and address number 1.... If BOA is removed then how do we avoid farming. Not a clue..... but maybe some smart cookie has an idea.
    It will never work, change always makes things worse, and Turbine doesn’t care about us anyway….” Eeyore
    But maybe it will have honey or even something better!!” -- Pooh

I got my umpteenth copy of the Beggers Outfit pieces yesterday and low and behold, they have no binding at all. I could put them up for sale on the AH if I wanted.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by Raymore View Post
    I got my umpteenth copy of the Beggers Outfit pieces yesterday and low and behold, they have no binding at all. I could put them up for sale on the AH if I wanted.
    Yeah all the older stuff isn't bound, you can trade it freely or sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by SavinDwarf View Post
    1) If BOA is removed then it becomes tempting to FARM the items and sell them on the AH.

Now lets try and address number 1.... If BOA is removed then how do we avoid farming. Not a clue..... but maybe some smart cookie has an idea.
    Not sure what you mean by farming, that's not an issue, cause players can already if wanted farm up gift wrap boxes and sell them on AH or trade. only issue is player can't see what it looks like as in a box to open, then content inside becomes bound.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2