We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Have SSG scaled their game yet?

I last played in September of last year, and there were entire instance clusters, including all of the skirmish raids, that didn't even have properly scaled loot. It was 10-15 levels behind.

There were many skills, traits, racial traits, legendary relics, and legendary legacies that weren't scaled and hadn't been scaled up in years.

Everytime a fellowship maneuver would pop, which is multiple times in every group fight in this game, we had to ignore it, because those haven't been scaled in years either.

I figured SSG needed some time to scale their game, so I took a break. Would like to come back, but want to know before I install, has it happened? Or is all that stuff still old and rotting?

Quote Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
    I last played in September of last year, and there were entire instance clusters, including all of the skirmish raids, that didn't even have properly scaled loot. It was 10-15 levels behind.

There were many skills, traits, racial traits, legendary relics, and legendary legacies that weren't scaled and hadn't been scaled up in years.

Everytime a fellowship maneuver would pop, which is multiple times in every group fight in this game, we had to ignore it, because those haven't been scaled in years either.

I figured SSG needed some time to scale their game, so I took a break. Would like to come back, but want to know before I install, has it happened? Or is all that stuff still old and rotting?
    It has been rotting for years, so obviously nothing will change.

SSG is busy introducing new grind to the game, which will come with U24.

They are Finally addressing/scaling some of these things. Crafted relics will be scaled come U24 and Virtues are getting a very significant boost and even unslotted virtues will give passive stats, although it does seem to be a grind leveling them up IF you completely ignored them.
    Skirm raid loot is still item level 105 and need to be fixed at some point. Most 3, 6 man instances drop lvl cap gear.

SSG needs a few billion dollars R&D investment and 20 years to figure out how to make LI grind easier. Come back in 2039 when all of the permabanned players come back too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tullkas View Post
    They are Finally addressing/scaling some of these things. Crafted relics will be scaled come U24 and Virtues are getting a very significant boost and even unslotted virtues will give passive stats, although it does seem to be a grind leveling them up IF you completely ignored them.
    Skirm raid loot is still item level 105 and need to be fixed at some point. Most 3, 6 man instances drop lvl cap gear.
    On the skills/buffs and debuffs etc, they are slowly switching everything to a percentage based system, so it will scale with level; it does give some odd results though, 1.894278% critical chance on some lower level earing versions for example, where before the change, they would have had 2%; because they have based the percentage off of a higher level version.

The real answer is mostly yes, but a ways to go.

They have improved all the truly game-breaking imbalances that were present at that time.

Status effects were fixed. Enemy scaling is generally fixed. Most classes have had a skill-by-skill stat rebalancing (and at least in Minstrels' case it's a glorious world of difference! Thanks again, Vastin!!!)

Many issues still remain especially with end-game gearing, but they currently really only affect folks that are done with everything else and on that treadmill.

And they are continuing to improve things.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Musings on LOTRO and other games: www.killtenrats.com

Well I hope SSG doesn't pull a Neverwinter scaling disaster like they did. That game just lost a lot of players due to the worst scaling feature ever implemented in any game ever. If they were going for making people quit, they did a fantastic job at it. You know it is bad when a level 30 character has to carry a level 70 character through level 30 content because the level 70 is scaled down so bad the level 30 is actually at a higher level. I know we are probably talking about different things but just wanted to put that out there in case SSG gets any bright ideas about scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    Well I hope SSG doesn't pull a Neverwinter scaling disaster like they did. That game just lost a lot of players due to the worst scaling feature ever implemented in any game ever. If they were going for making people quit, they did a fantastic job at it. You know it is bad when a level 30 character has to carry a level 70 character through level 30 content because the level 70 is scaled down so bad the level 30 is actually at a higher level. I know we are probably talking about different things but just wanted to put that out there in case SSG gets any bright ideas about scaling.
    Epic Battles were like this at level 115 cap, though not as bad. Scaled down, I had much better stats wearing my 105 gear than my 115 raid gear. At 120, that seems to be rectified, as I easily cap out Mastery and have high crit and finesse ratings on my champ with mediocre gear.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Tullkas View Post
    How could for example new players have ignored them ??? Or future alts people will create ??? Players not yet started playing LoTRO that one day might, or characters not yet even created. That will have yet another insane grind ahead of them with this new virtue system.

It's not about being the players fault for ignoring anything. It's simply a company decision to add a bigger grind by devaluing deeds thet previously gave 1/20th rank of virtue and will now only give 1/60th rank of virtue, if even that. Meaning 3 times the time/job/effort to max a virtue, compared to the old system.

We don't know for sure until we see final numbers of course, but it seems there will be no way to even max all virtues simply doing the deeds anymore. There will be enough deeds to maybe cap 5 main virtues and then the rest will be left to daily grinds, festival grinds and possibly some instnace challenges. None of that is the players fault for ignoring anything. It is a decison being made on the company level and nothing we seem to have any control over as customers. Except to express our discontent over it here in the forums, in hopes they will adjust it to become less of a grind. Hopefully no more of a grind than today.

If they go ahead and not raise the amount of VXP rewarded for each deed with 2/3 (compared to what it was on br last beta) as well as high amount of VXP for daily quests added etc, the only reason behind this that I can see is to exactly create a new bigger grind in hopes that people bypass it by buying Virtue XP in the store.