We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: external GPU

external GPU

Hi
    Anyone have any experience using an external GPU to improve LOTRO playability(I.E. crashes, graphics settings)
    I'm using a 2017 macbook pro, with the graphics card being the factory Intel one. I'm having issues with crashes just particularly in Bree proper.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowintheEast View Post
    Hi
    Anyone have any experience using an external GPU to improve LOTRO playability(I.E. crashes, graphics settings)
    I'm using a 2017 macbook pro, with the graphics card being the factory Intel one. I'm having issues with crashes just particularly in Bree proper.

Thanks,
    I doubt very much it would help, the issue is the Mac client and not the gfx, LOTRO hardly touches the gfx card; although this will change with the 64bit version being tested.

I have a Win7 laptop with Intel HD3000 gfx, and it works perfectly fine with LOTRO.

okay thanks for the insight!

I'm running the game on a Mac-Mini 2012 2.3ghz i7...

just using the inbuilt graphics.. (intel blah blah lbah 4000)

and with the new Wine client for mac in 64bit mode.. I'm geting better performance than I was with 32bit.. enough so that I coudl enable antialising

Quote Originally Posted by ZorathGrimir View Post
    I'm running the game on a Mac-Mini 2012 2.3ghz i7...

just using the inbuilt graphics.. (intel blah blah lbah 4000)

and with the new Wine client for mac in 64bit mode.. I'm geting better performance than I was with 32bit.. enough so that I coudl enable antialising

Yea I argee, its a bit more choppy and I havent crashed yet