We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Pre Paid Credit Card Not Working

I use pre paid credit cards to purchase subscription time. Starting three weeks ago, Xsolla does not allow me to use them any more. I keep getting your bank has declined this transaction. I spoke to the customer service rep for the cards I use and they stated the problem is not from their end. Any suggestions on how I can get this rectified?

Morihan

Quote Originally Posted by Morihan View Post
    I use pre paid credit cards to purchase subscription time. Starting three weeks ago, Xsolla does not allow me to use them any more. I keep getting your bank has declined this transaction. I spoke to the customer service rep for the cards I use and they stated the problem is not from their end. Any suggestions on how I can get this rectified?

Morihan
    Although there is a chance the problem is with Xsolla/SSG (anti money laundering regs perhaps), take your banks statement with a pinch of salt; I have had several situations where cards were declined for no obvious reason, each time the bank said it wasnt their fault - each time it turned out to be the banks fault.

One of the worst was when they started declining any payment attempts made after local midnight, even if it was to a company I had been using for years (insomnia meant I was often online shopping 1-2am).

Another was when they blocked my cards overseas, despite my sending them a letter explicitly telling them I was going to be at that location, using my cards on that date.