We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Give us featured skirmishes

If you are going to feature random instances every week, you should do the same with skirmishes.
    Same mechanics, you can get rewards <8> of your character level and again at 120.

I was thinking that running solo/duo, 3-man, 6-man and 12-man could all be on different reward cycles.
    That would give us an opportunity to earn 4 featured skirmish boxes a day and 8 if you're level 120.

Also, I was thinking that T2 and T3 would work the same way as the featured instance challenges
    and the ember rewards increase each reward cycle. *Note* challenges are lvl 120 only

Examples:
    Run a solo Attack at Dawn at T2 or T3, you will get 100 embers and 5 newfound coins along with the featured skirmish box
    Run a 3-man Attack at Dawn at T2 or T3, you will get 200 embers and 5 newfound coins along with the featured skirmish box
    Run a 6-man Attack at Dawn at T2 or T3, you will get 300 embers and 5 newfound coins along with the featured skirmish box
    Run a 12-man Attack at Dawn at T2 or T3, you will get 400 embers and 5 newfound coins along with the featured skirmish box

I shared this idea on another post but thought it would fit my own post nicely.
    I have an idea for new non-armor barters that may pique interest for some:

2 Newfound Coins each for a Anfalas Scroll of Empowerment
    10 Newfound Coins each for a Anfalas Star-lit Crystal
    20 Newfound Coins each for a Anfalas Crystal of Remembrance

Maybe sneak in some IV titles that are considerably better than IV
    Maybe sneak in some V titles that are significantly better than III

Maybe a Dwarrowgleam Shard barter as well?
    Essence Reclaim Scrolls of Relic Reclaim Scrolls?
    An alternative way to getting essences?
    Maybe some more pets or cosmetics or decor?
    Last edited by Pewpewmidget; May 19 2019 at 12:22 PM.

Thumbs up from me. I love Skirmishes, so a featured skirmish rotation would be awesome. I'm not sure what you mean by challenges at 120 though, as Skirmishes don't have challenges, like instances do. They have two encounters, a boss and LTs. Maybe they could create challenges for them though, kinda like what we had in the Skirmish event recently.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

signed!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Featured skirmishes *could* be a good idea, but in the end it would just be another thing we "should better do" every day.

There is one more disadvantage, as even small group size skirmishes are quire long in comparison to small instances (waves, spawn time and mob run distances). It is not really possible to run a skirmish "faster". This makes them more tedious if they are run by the dozens (or hundreds).
    Of course the importance of "streamlining" our farming runs could go down by getting the number of farms to a sane level, but I still expect an increase rather than a decrease here.

Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    Featured skirmishes *could* be a good idea, but in the end it would just be another thing we "should better do" every day.

There is one more disadvantage, as even small group size skirmishes are quire long in comparison to small instances (waves, spawn time and mob run distances). It is not really possible to run a skirmish "faster". This makes them more tedious if they are run by the dozens (or hundreds).
    Of course the importance of "streamlining" our farming runs could go down by getting the number of farms to a sane level, but I still expect an increase rather than a decrease here.
    For some it may be another thing to do. For others, it could be an alternative thing to do, so we get a choice of what we want to play each day. It doesn't have to be both.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

The only fun I derive from Skirmishes is grouping with players who actually socialize while doing them. Socializing meaning players talking and joking about. Asking and answering questions about the game and so forth. Not grouping just to make it silent speedrun. After doing Skirmishes for years, they aren't all that much fun. Plus, after this last Mega Skirmish event, I don't plan on touching a Skirmish again for a long time regardless of its rewards.

I'm not all that interested in another daily repeat cycle of any kind.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

I should have written more details...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    For some it may be another thing to do. For others, it could be an alternative thing to do, so we get a choice of what we want to play each day. It doesn't have to be both.
    Definitely true, but lately I have not seen a lot of true alternatives that were added to the game.
    It was more the case that new features brought new grind OR were used to stretch an already present grind.

You could now say that people can do featured skirmishes (FS) instead of FIs. IMO a good idea.
    It could as well give the idea "hey, doing FS+FI every day makes the SoE grind half as long, so we do not need a solution for that, can go on and even add a few levels".
    It could be that we add FS as solution to get future virtue XP. Then we need to do FS in parallel to ash, crystals, SoE, ...

I would really *wish* it would be the first way, but I am pessimistic here. Late developments were not done to give players a choice, but to push all players through the same developed thing. This is more effective from developer side, but results in a narrow path for us.

I would like to see Featured Instances get reworked before adding Featured Skirmishs.

I also agree with Sapienze. I don't find skirmishes fun at all and in the low possibility that Lotro ever gets remade I would advocate on having them removed entirely.

I like this idea, Featured skirmishes would be nice! /signed.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

I don't like skirmishes either, mainly because they are the same old same old. We have not had a new skirmish out since Vol II book IX
    There always seems to be one or two, maybe three, mobs that do not auto aggro when you aggro the main group, making it a search mission.
    But this idea is a good idea whether you like skirmishes or not.
    Gives us another choice in how we play, more empowerment scrolls, more embers, etc
    I would also like to see FIs reworked and to see skirmishes reworked as well but I am being optimistic about the new option to get SOE.