We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Getting Shadow of Mordor in Epic Battles

Does anyone know why I get Shadow of Mordor effect added to my toon whenever my ###### DSL decides to cut out in the middle of Epic Battles? Some have said it's a bug, but I don't think it is. If it's a bug, it's been a bug that they haven't decided to touch for well over a year. Anyone have any further information on this topic?

Ethrimund, Banisher of Ill Omens
    Exalted Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by RustyCuyler24 View Post
    Does anyone know why I get Shadow of Mordor effect added to my toon whenever my ###### DSL decides to cut out in the middle of Epic Battles? Some have said it's a bug, but I don't think it is. If it's a bug, it's been a bug that they haven't decided to touch for well over a year. Anyone have any further information on this topic?
    I had that happen to me the other day: I got server-dropped and when I got back in, I had Shadow of Mordor on my Minstrel. I switched to healing-only mode, while my husband's Hunter did all the fighting, but alas, he couldn't handle the whole battle by himself, Elrohir got killed, and we got dumped out of the instance. Waited an hour, got back in, no further problems.

The other thing that will get you Shadow of Mordor is if you *level* in the middle of a battle! I've had that happen two or three times.

I'd call it a bug. I assume SSG know about it; they may well be searching for a fix for it. They don't give us a play-by-play description of their daily struggles with an elderly code and a limited budget.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    I had that happen to me the other day: I got server-dropped and when I got back in, I had Shadow of Mordor on my Minstrel. I switched to healing-only mode, while my husband's Hunter did all the fighting, but alas, he couldn't handle the whole battle by himself, Elrohir got killed, and we got dumped out of the instance. Waited an hour, got back in, no further problems.

The other thing that will get you Shadow of Mordor is if you *level* in the middle of a battle! I've had that happen two or three times.

I'd call it a bug. I assume SSG know about it; they may well be searching for a fix for it. They don't give us a play-by-play description of their daily struggles with an elderly code and a limited budget.
    It happens when you lost connection or relog during Epic Battle