We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Middle Earth Moon.....

Why is the moon always a full moon? While waiting for each nights fireworks event, for the anniversary events, I noticed we always have a full moon.

Shouldn't the moon have phases like quarter moons, and new moon?

And shouldn't the ground have brighter light/shadows in a full moon vs a new moon?
    XanThorr the Well-Met
    "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup"

~~Beeornfree 115 Beorning of Evernight~~Xanthorr-1 110 High Elf Hunter of Evernight
    ~~Beeornfree 98 Beorning of Gladden~~Xanaxier 105 Guardian of Gladden~~Xanthorr-1 104 Hunter of Gladden
    ~~Beeornfree 108 Beorning of Landroval
    ~~Beeornfree 60 Beorning of Arkenstone~~Xanthorr 35 High Elf Hunter of Arkenstone
    ~~Beeornfree 29 Beorning of Brandywine~~Xanthorr 30 High Elf Hunter of Brandywine
    ~~Beeornfree 29 Beorning of Crickhallow~~Xanthorr 37 High Elf Hunter of Crickhallow
    ~~Beeornfree 53 Beorning of Anor~~Xan 51 High Elf Hunter of Anor

In some places the moon isn't full but always the same, though you are right in most areas the moon is always full and the same except a few places.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

taken about 15 minutes ago outside Dol Amroth-game clock said Foredawn.

if i get a chance i will look in the same spot at a different time and see if it's the same or not.

Quote Originally Posted by KM3161 View Post
    taken about 15 minutes ago outside Dol Amroth-game clock said Foredawn.

if i get a chance i will look in the same spot at a different time and see if it's the same or not.
    Sometimes I forget how gorgeous this game is.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

some more Moonshots
    Evening-Midnight-Late Watches-Foredawn.
    Taken from same location so you can see the Moon actually moving thru the night from east to west. (nice touch devs)

The reasoning is that all zones are "Time-Locked" and it will always be the same specific day in each zone (different zones are set to different days).
    Footman Ryvick DonHuntstead 120 Guardian

Officer of Baruk Khazad

Arkenstone Server

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvick View Post
    The reasoning is that all zones are "Time-Locked" and it will always be the same specific day in each zone (different zones are set to different days).
    Just so. You may also have noticed that while the moon travels across the sky in the course of a night, the stars don't. Menelvagor and the Remmirath are *always* rising in the east.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Just so. You may also have noticed that while the moon travels across the sky in the course of a night, the stars don't. Menelvagor and the Remmirath are *always* rising in the east.
    Not entirely accurate. The canon constellations based on Ursa Major, the Pleiades, and Orion do not move throughout the night (they're the ones whose stars have a blue tinge to them). However, the rest of the starscape does move at night. Place your cursor near something other than those or the moon and watch the starscape track away from it over time.

As for the moon, heh, something of a mild obsession with me. I've traveled throughout the game and taken note of the moon phase in various locations. While I neglected to note it on Bullroarer for the Vales content, it's current as of U23:

List of Moon Phases in LotRO

• Most Vanilla Areas - Full Moon
    • Ettenmoors/LI instance Black Pool/Moria - Blood Moon
    • Rohan - The Wold - Waxing Crescent
    • Rohan - Westemnet - Waxing Gibbous
    • Western Gondor - Waning Gibbous
    • Central/Eastern Gondor (pre-battle) - No Moon (Dawnless Day)
    • Eastern Gondor (post-battle) - Waning Gibbous
    • Mordor - No Moon (Fumes/Smoke)
    • Lake-town/Dale/Erebor/The Ironfold/Ered Mithrin - Waxing Crescent
    • Tham Taerdol/Forest Gate - Waxing Gibbous
    What I do, I do in the name of peace.