We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Fornost changes...

...look fantastic with the fields filled in, not to mention being a bit more dangerous for on-level characters, but...

The tiny stair in the central courtyard leading up at a steep angle to the long ramp looks a bit odd? I always envisioned an army marching down the ramp to meet the Witch-king, but that stair might be a bit of a bottleneck.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimithril View Post
    ...look fantastic with the fields filled in, not to mention being a bit more dangerous for on-level characters, but...

The tiny stair in the central courtyard leading up at a steep angle to the long ramp looks a bit odd? I always envisioned an army marching down the ramp to meet the Witch-king, but that stair might be a bit of a bottleneck.

Just a thought.
    Are you talking about changes that have recently been made, or is your title in reference to changes you would like to see?
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Just a thought.
    A narrow ramp or stair is usually intended to be a defensive bottleneck, so that a few defenders can *prevent* an army marching down (or up) the ramp. I haven't been in Fornost since rocks were soft, so I don't remember the specific ramp you're talking about.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Just a thought.
    The Fornost we see in game is not the Fornost you're imagining. We see it many years after the Witch King.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Are you talking about changes that have recently been made, or is your title in reference to changes you would like to see?
    These are recent changes...not sure when they were made, but probably since Scenario came back.
    Nimrithil ~ 120 Champ R9, Nimithril ~ 120 Hunter R6, Kouya ~ 120 Burglar, Leyta ~ 120 Captain, By ~ 120 LM, Byfrith ~ 120 Waden, Nimadan ~ 120 Sith Lord, Flarto ~ 120 Mini

"I salute you in the name of the porpoise horde.": Howard the dolphin.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    The Fornost we see in game is not the Fornost you're imagining. We see it many years after the Witch King.
    I know it's many years later, but as far as I am aware Men abandoned it after the Witch-Kings' victory and it has since been populated by orcs.

Either way, imho it still looks odd to have a small, steep stairway leading to a large ramp and this has nothing to do with the time period. Not to mention that this is a minor thing and isn't that crucial.
    Nimrithil ~ 120 Champ R9, Nimithril ~ 120 Hunter R6, Kouya ~ 120 Burglar, Leyta ~ 120 Captain, By ~ 120 LM, Byfrith ~ 120 Waden, Nimadan ~ 120 Sith Lord, Flarto ~ 120 Mini

"I salute you in the name of the porpoise horde.": Howard the dolphin.

I know it's many years later, but as far as I am aware Men abandoned it after the Witch-Kings' victory and it has since been populated by orcs.
    Gondor eventually arrived with help from Glorfindel and an army of Elves from Lindon. They drove the Witch King from Fornost and destroyed his army. Afterwards the men of Eriador didn't have the means to rebuild Fornost, so it was empty and slowly decayed over the years.

Most people assume that Fornost eventually gets reoccupied by orcs towards the end of the third age; there are numerous games that take place in a orc occupied Fornost, Lotro included. But most book sources say that Fornost remains empty with the exception of Rangers passing by.

Eventually Aragorn has it rebuilt along with the other cities of Arnor once he reunites Gondor and Arnor.