We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Large Yard Housing Item: A HERD OF HORSES!!

I need horses in my yards. Seriously. Not in a barn or a stable. Not running around. Just standing there grazing, maybe swishing a few flies, maybe walking a few steps to graze again.

And I need more than one or two. Like maybe 5 or 6. And a couple ponies, or goats (because real life horses often have goats as companion pasture mates), or donkeys.

I need horses. Please. Let me fill all of my yards with horses.

Thank you very much,

Shatter

That sounds nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Shatterbones View Post
    I need horses in my yards. Seriously. Not in a barn or a stable. Not running around. Just standing there grazing, maybe swishing a few flies, maybe walking a few steps to graze again.

And I need more than one or two. Like maybe 5 or 6. And a couple ponies, or goats (because real life horses often have goats as companion pasture mates), or donkeys.

Thank you very much,

Shatter
    YES!!!!!!!

I like the idea, but a "herd" means - wild horses. I doubt you'd be able to stop them grazing and galloping all over the whole neighbourhood. You'd have to fence them.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

OP, do you have one of those gigantic houses on Belfalas? If not, I don't know where you're going to put more than two or three horses, standing close together and grazing.

(Reminds me of the description of small cars that "seat two, or three if they're very friendly").

I have a standard-sized house across the river from Duillond, and if I took *everything* else out of my yard, I could probably put a small stable with a couple of horses in it, just barely.

On the other hand, I would like to see more herds of horses out on the landscape; as has been frequently pointed out, horses are herd animals; one solitary horse wandering across the hills is probably a lone stallion who lost the fight for dominance in his herd, has been forced out, and will probably be killed by predators. He's not a happy animal.

Always assuming this is possible in-game, given the complexities of the code (about which I know nothing) and the slimness of SSG's budget (at which I can only guess).
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Wouldn't that be a huge yard? I like the idea, but large would not cut it. The Dothraki, I mean the Rohirrim would love it!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Great idea

signed!
    an interactive stable large yard item
    a stall for horses or goats
    give us the opportunity to breed our own mounts with a really long CD
    example breeding available only in yule n spring festivals
    the animals should give birth in harvestmath fest, no more than 2-3 mounts per year
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

I'd really love to have more stables and pastures with moving animals as housing items. And more outdoor hooks for normal houses
    Plus all possibilities to move the items like those we have for the indoor items. Often enough the items outside just sink below the floor when moved even one bit of their original position.
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm

Quote Originally Posted by Shatterbones View Post

Thank you very much,

Shatter
    Definitely! With all the Rohan-themed yard items, actual horses would be a great addition. And since there is already the cattle pen, why not?