We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Wild Foods

  1. #1

    Wild Foods

    Since we can ride around and mine ore nodes and pick up wood on horseback, would it not make sense to be able to pick up wild foods as well? For that matter, the plants that are used to make dyes...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenerate View Post
    Since we can ride around and mine ore nodes and pick up wood on horseback, would it not make sense to be able to pick up wild foods as well? For that matter, the plants that are used to make dyes...
    These already exist in the game, though not all foods and not all dye ingredients.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    These already exist in the game, though not all foods and not all dye ingredients.
    Which wild foods can you pick up on horseback?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenerate View Post
    Which wild foods can you pick up on horseback?
    Taters, cabbage, rhubarb to mention a few. I'm sure there are more, just can't think of them off the top of my head.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Under the stairs Bonus Points: 3.14159
    Posts
    3,974
    List of Wild Cook ingredients: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cook

    About halfway down the page is a list of items, 13 of which you can just pick up while walking/riding around.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    ......................................................
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    List of Wild Cook ingredients: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cook

    About halfway down the page is a list of items, 13 of which you can just pick up while walking/riding around.

    I'd like to see them all abled to be picked up when mounted.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,802
    on the wiki it says you can find mushrooms using the track crop skill, that must be old cause I've never found mushrooms on the landscape before or for years i've just been unlucky?
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.


    Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    on the wiki it says you can find mushrooms using the track crop skill, that must be old cause I've never found mushrooms on the landscape before or for years i've just been unlucky?
    yes you can find mushrooms too
    i believe to OP is talking about game, we cant gother meat from animals we kill
    we used to be able to cook some fishes, i think this has been changed but not sure
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    16
    I think the OP was suggesting that we be able to harvest wild foods WHILE mounted, just as we can mine ores and chop wood from horseback.

    I agree, it seems inconsistent that we have to dismount to pick a flower yet can mine iron from horseback!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirrup View Post
    I agree, it seems inconsistent that we have to dismount to pick a flower yet can mine iron from horseback!
    If this is the case, it should definitely be in line. Importance is probably low, but nevertheless.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    yes you can find mushrooms too
    i believe to OP is talking about game, we cant gother meat from animals we kill
    we used to be able to cook some fishes, i think this has been changed but not sure
    you can still cook fish
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.


    Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload