We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

New Virtues = Pay to win?

One 60 Virtue = An essence + passive bonus
    A 60 Virtue = 75 deeds(almost)

Future T4/5/6 must be very required virtues.
    And obviously, Virtues will be an essential part of a character's power.

Is it means without purchased all maps, farming for months, you will be very weak and can merely join picked-up T1?

Please SSG, AT LEAST DO NOT LET THIS HAPPENED TOO CRUEL.

I left RIFT for Trion just milking people's money and made the game worse and worse. I do not want to witness these happened on LOTRO. Or this will be an end for my 8-years journey.

Very over exaggerated

These new Virtues are hardly a game changer at all, you could do t3 without any virtues slotted if you wished. So saying how you will not be able to join and struggle with t1's is a joke.
    Wapow -Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by kpnut View Post
    These new Virtues are hardly a game changer at all, you could do t3 without any virtues slotted if you wished. So saying how you will not be able to join and struggle with t1's is a joke.
    And for T4/T5/T6?

If virtues are vitally required, why people will bring a 'non-virtued' character?

There must be done some changes to reduce the grind.
    1. ad the 1000 exp per deed to all virtues.
    2. reduce the numbers of tartgets to slay per deed
    3. 100 exp per deed is to little 3000 would be a better value
    4. already maxed virtues should stay maxed the others should have the same strength percentagewise. e.g now you´re at 7/21 you schuold be at 20/60.

Furthermore it´s bad that some virtues as zeal get a basic change from a defensive one to an offensive one. Many player need to grind a new one to max level.

But the best would be stay at the current system just ad 1 or 2 ranks which douple the value of the stats.

The only good thing is that you exchanged senseless stats ocmr/ocpr etc to something usefull.

At the end I want to say that you should warn that the virtues of the other traitlines aren´t set anymore.

I don't see how it's pay to win when it's essentially an expanded/enhanced form of the existing system, which required a fair bit of grinding already. The stats are better and more useful, sure, but not significantly different to what we currently have. You also easily earn these in game, with so many deeds available, a chunk of which are mostly completed with normal levelling.

While arguably they've made this more of a grind by offering us many more levels and increasing the value of unslotted Virtues (not a bad thing, imo, given most players picked the same 5 Virtues all the time), they've also made it significantly handier to level those Virtues up by letting us earn Virtue xp from relevant deeds. This means we don't have to go back to grind specific, perhaps tedious, deeds, and we continue to get rewarded for completing Virtue deeds that normally would give us another useless level on our capped Virtue.

I also don't see a problem with any future tier 4, 5 or 6 content requiring players to invest more in their characters to complete. This is not a whole lot different to grinding gear, etc., except Virtues are permanent.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 120 - Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post
    I don't see how it's pay to win when it's essentially an expanded/enhanced form of the existing system, which required a fair bit of grinding already. The stats are better and more useful, sure, but not significantly different to what we currently have. You also easily earn these in game, with so many deeds available, a chunk of which are mostly completed with normal levelling.

While arguably they've made this more of a grind by offering us many more levels and increasing the value of unslotted Virtues (not a bad thing, imo, given most players picked the same 5 Virtues all the time), they've also made it significantly handier to level those Virtues up by letting us earn Virtue xp from relevant deeds. This means we don't have to go back to grind specific, perhaps tedious, deeds, and we continue to get rewarded for completing Virtue deeds that normally would give us another useless level on our capped Virtue.

I also don't see a problem with any future tier 4, 5 or 6 content requiring players to invest more in their characters to complete. This is not a whole lot different to grinding gear, etc., except Virtues are permanent.

-Bel
    Well it increased the grind out of two reason.
    1. With the change you need all on maxrank cause of the passive. half of the virtues add around 500 morale per virtue the other half 500 mastery per virtue. This is a huge bonus.
    2. With the current system you´ve to complete 1 deed for one rank with the changes it´s around 1.5 deeds for one rank.
    3. Some players have to grind complete new virtues cause some as zeal got changed in their basic from a defensive one to an offensive one.

All in all everyone must do all deeds this is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by WhisperOfLeaves View Post
    Is it means without purchased all maps, farming for months, you will be very weak and can merely join picked-up T1?

Please SSG, AT LEAST DO NOT LET THIS HAPPENED TOO CRUEL.

I left RIFT for Trion just milking people's money and made the game worse and worse. I do not want to witness these happened on LOTRO. Or this will be an end for my 8-years journey.
    You've been playing for 8 years and you think you'll have trouble joining a PUG t1 group next update?

I think virtues should be the least of your concerns, if that's the case.