We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Buff Reavers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    114

    Buff Reavers

    Reaver are in desperate need of Buffs to make them viable again. They are by far the worst class in the game currently for group play. There is 0 reason to take a Reaver into your group at the moment.

    They have very low DPS, ZERO utility, no CC (except Disarm) and their survivability alone does not justify the current state of the class.

    Their DPS Kit is based around building DoTs and using Impale with as many DoTs as possible, though the DoTs themselves deal very low damage and the chance to miss is very high ("Dust in the Eyes" for example), therefore heavily decreasing Impale's Damage.

    While we're at it, Buff Warleaders as well, decrease their CDs on Heals, strongly increase their Damage, update the outdated Auras, Banners, Traits etc.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    21
    SSG cares nothing. Enough to see Vastin, the person who destroyed the game by introducing Mordor, is the only and impossible hope for any player interested in PvMP.
    Farruquita (R13 Blackarrow) - Isabelpantoja (R12 Warg) - Laprimaderiesgo (R10 Reaver) - Exxuverancia (R10 Defiler) - Shakirah (R10 Warleader) - Sthlysia (R8 Spider) [Creep status: Ultra casual] | Yuzuriha (R10 Guardian) - Fresita (R7 Burglar) [Freep status: Retired since 2011] | EVERNIGHT - BASHING NOOBS SINCE BETA

  3. #3
    SSG has said they won't be doing any work on creeps until they finish their work on balancing free classes.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    21
    SSG will never work on PvMp, they can say way to many things, but they never did anything but swap graveyards/camps, remove an outpost and a graveyard, remove delving stones, place few field trees and stones and an awesome tree with a bird, plus Cookie the weaver memorial. The sooner you assume this, the better for your hopes.
    Farruquita (R13 Blackarrow) - Isabelpantoja (R12 Warg) - Laprimaderiesgo (R10 Reaver) - Exxuverancia (R10 Defiler) - Shakirah (R10 Warleader) - Sthlysia (R8 Spider) [Creep status: Ultra casual] | Yuzuriha (R10 Guardian) - Fresita (R7 Burglar) [Freep status: Retired since 2011] | EVERNIGHT - BASHING NOOBS SINCE BETA

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    284
    You have to realize a well played reaver can be god in 1v1's apart from certain classes, for instance red hunter out stealth vs good reaver the odds favor the reaver

    Give reavers a stronger slow to avoid them being kited

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Snobs View Post
    Reaver are in desperate need of Buffs to make them viable again. They are by far the worst class in the game currently for group play. There is 0 reason to take a Reaver into your group at the moment.

    They have very low DPS, ZERO utility, no CC (except Disarm) and their survivability alone does not justify the current state of the class.

    Their DPS Kit is based around building DoTs and using Impale with as many DoTs as possible, though the DoTs themselves deal very low damage and the chance to miss is very high ("Dust in the Eyes" for example), therefore heavily decreasing Impale's Damage.

    While we're at it, Buff Warleaders as well, decrease their CDs on Heals, strongly increase their Damage, update the outdated Auras, Banners, Traits etc.

    Thoughts?
    Agreed. Once you use impale and it doesn't get you into DS range your dps is practically 0. Reaver is far, far, too reliant on impale (crits) to win fights. I've suggested plenty changes myself before as well, but all fell on deaf ears. I wouldn't mind seeing a decrease in impale critical damage and a good increase in all other skills, especially bleeds, those are pathetic right now and often tick away for sub 1k damage.

    Aside from that reaver really needs bug fixes. Resilience doesn't work unless used under very specific circumstances, too many to list here. Dying rage only works like 1 in 10 times for me, which is stupid for a skill on a 10min cooldown. Same, but in a lesser extent, goes for AtO which like the others also often goes on CD without providing anything.

    And in general reaver just needs its skills and traits updated to level 120 standards. Too many skills and traits that are absolutely meaningless because they haven't scaled or the mechanics are outdated. For example:
    GiV, heals ~10k morale over a 20s period (lol), makes you deal 10% more melee damage, but also makes you take 10% more melee damage unless you use a trait (really?).
    Disarm and DS inc heal debuff can both be resisted...??
    Charge doesn't provide disarm immunity, so if you charge after a freep into npcs your charge is pretty much wasted because npc's are just disarm and stun spammers.
    Time out.... lmao.... do I need to say more.
    Severing stike: only worth to consider using under very specific scenario's.
    Serration: npc clearing.
    Thrash, a skill that has a 30s CD but does like 5k max and the bleed can be potted.
    Sunder blow armour debuff is like a 1-2% damage increase against freeps.
    Reaver base armour is so low that upper hand practically doubles it.
    Jagged cut needs a trait for the bleed...
    Quick strikes providing a whopping 343 finesse.

    And the list can go on, but I've already ranted enough.


    Just to touch on WL, since I've recently been playing that as well. A low ranked WL is pretty much just an npc for freeps. Heals are absolutely pathetic and dps is non existent. Freeps themselves have better self healing then a WL has.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikkye View Post
    You have to realize a well played reaver can be god in 1v1's apart from certain classes, for instance red hunter out stealth vs good reaver the odds favor the reaver

    Give reavers a stronger slow to avoid them being kited
    Well... no...

    Hunters blood arrow + press onwards can straight up outheal reaver dps with some kiting. Hunters can also perma slow a reaver and kite it to death without it ever getting near.

    In general a lot of freeps are capable of outhealing reaver dps only using self healing and using cc/slows/sprint to delay impales and fully prevent wrath.
    I can't think of any freep class (well geared and well played) that a reaver would currently have the upper hand against, or even have a decent chance at winning from in a 1 on 1 scenario.
    High Chieftain Urundus
    Cohorts of the Red Legion
    Arkenstone

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkye View Post
    You have to realize a well played reaver can be god in 1v1's apart from certain classes, for instance red hunter out stealth vs good reaver the odds favor the reaver

    Give reavers a stronger slow to avoid them being kited
    Lmao this is too funny to be true. This is pure delusion. Any half decent hunter will simply outheal the damage of a reaver.

    What you're describing isn't a "well played reaver vs a hunter", it's a "well played reaver vs a garbage tier hunter". Odds favour the reaver? Give me a break. Even for you, this is a whole new level of idiocy.

    Having said that, SSG does not care about creeps, or PvMP. I suggest you just let it rest, and accept your fate. If by some miracle they ever do decide to adjust reavers, they should:
    nerf the self healing, significantly buff the DoT effects, make Sunder Armour do +10% incoming melee damage instead of an armour debuff, buff Ravage's damage substantially, buff Dev Strike damage, and make Severing Strike apply an incoming healing debuff (20% ish). Also make Against the Odds reset Impale. That's my personal opinion.
    Feailuve, Akabath, Failure - Evernight
    Also known as Giliodor

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Snobs View Post
    Reaver are in desperate need of Buffs to make them viable again. They are by far the worst class in the game currently for group play. There is 0 reason to take a Reaver into your group at the moment.

    They have very low DPS, ZERO utility, no CC (except Disarm) and their survivability alone does not justify the current state of the class.

    Their DPS Kit is based around building DoTs and using Impale with as many DoTs as possible, though the DoTs themselves deal very low damage and the chance to miss is very high ("Dust in the Eyes" for example), therefore heavily decreasing Impale's Damage.

    While we're at it, Buff Warleaders as well, decrease their CDs on Heals, strongly increase their Damage, update the outdated Auras, Banners, Traits etc.

    Thoughts?
    ^^This x1000. It's been 5 or 6 years since a reaver has been wanted in group for anything other than sunder and even that is bad now because it didn't get scaled. As everyone else has said they need more steady damage. They've been reliant on impale since it was released but the rest of their damage has fallen further and further behind. As others have said the answer is probably to add more DPS on to the dots or just increase SS or Ravage or Severing etc.

    WL's are in need as well. I don't play WL much but can definitely agree all their buff and debuff banner values are practically a joke now.

    (Retired... Maybe un-retired?) Arkenstone: Immanitas R12 Burg, Gorbat R12 Reaver, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirrup View Post
    SSG has said they won't be doing any work on creeps until they finish their work on balancing free classes.
    And when are they finished 3050?
    SSG can´t balance for that htey don´t know good enough how th classes works and what you can do with them.
    They don´t play the endgame so they don´t know which class takes how much dmg, brings how much win for the raid.
    All they do is creating ne wopclasses which brings other in a stae of garbage.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeviternus View Post
    Lmao this is too funny to be true. This is pure delusion. Any half decent hunter will simply outheal the damage of a reaver.

    What you're describing isn't a "well played reaver vs a hunter", it's a "well played reaver vs a garbage tier hunter". Odds favour the reaver? Give me a break. Even for you, this is a whole new level of idiocy.

    Having said that, SSG does not care about creeps, or PvMP. I suggest you just let it rest, and accept your fate. If by some miracle they ever do decide to adjust reavers, they should:
    nerf the self healing, significantly buff the DoT effects, make Sunder Armour do +10% incoming melee damage instead of an armour debuff, buff Ravage's damage substantially, buff Dev Strike damage, and make Severing Strike apply an incoming healing debuff (20% ish). Also make Against the Odds reset Impale. That's my personal opinion.


    Your bitterness will go down in history.

    Btw reducing their heals will make a reavers even more nuke able than now simply slow and nuke since lower self heals if that were happen alone
    Last edited by mikkye; May 12 2019 at 09:08 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    196
    Reavers are definetly class hit the most with freep CC capability. Nowdays creep melee class is so screwed by CC/debuff/AOE freeps skills that is really have to be person so cash scrapped/greedy to play rvr atm.

    BTW Mikkye every class can win if thei opponent is brain dead as some on evenight show when r15 freep can be beaten by r4 creep. But we here talk about situation that botch opponents got brain .

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by TronGilrain View Post
    BTW Mikkye every class can win if thei opponent is brain dead as some on evenight show when r15 freep can be beaten by r4 creep. But we here talk about situation that both opponents got brain .
    Even if you're legit braindead, technically you still have a brain. So that is, actually, a situation where both opponents have brain.
    Either way, why mock disabled people? They have a right to play the game just as much as everyone else.

    Sorry, carry on.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by xxSniperxx View Post
    Even if you're legit braindead, technically you still have a brain. So that is, actually, a situation where both opponents have brain.
    Either way, why mock disabled people? They have a right to play the game just as much as everyone else.

    Sorry, carry on.
    So why how come, when the wind blows into my left ear, I hear ocean?
    Landy Pawpatrol Stalker 7, Horrorbuisness BA 9
    Landy Tridis LM 7, Barnabras Warden 4
    Arkenstone Redrighthand WL 13

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    284
    What same ppl call me brain dead or bad same people run or avoid fighting me when see them





    And for last time rank doesn’t = skill

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkye View Post
    And for last time rank doesn’t = skill
    That's a sure thing in your case. k3k
    Farruquita (R13 Blackarrow) - Isabelpantoja (R12 Warg) - Laprimaderiesgo (R10 Reaver) - Exxuverancia (R10 Defiler) - Shakirah (R10 Warleader) - Sthlysia (R8 Spider) [Creep status: Ultra casual] | Yuzuriha (R10 Guardian) - Fresita (R7 Burglar) [Freep status: Retired since 2011] | EVERNIGHT - BASHING NOOBS SINCE BETA

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkye View Post
    And for last time rank doesn’t = skill
    Can you honestly say that with a straight face? The fact that you say it is hilarious.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    284
    You can’t be from evernight or you would get that sentence is very true. Insider jokes

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkye View Post
    And for last time rank doesn’t = skill
    As a r15 i can confirm

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload