We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Lifetime VIP since Beta - Legendary Servers?

I haven't played LOTRO much in the last, say, 3 years. I started during the initial Beta period many years ago (early 2007.)

I just logged on for the first time in a long time and noticed the new Legendary Server options - which seem like a great idea at first. I'm a little late to the game as I see Moria has already been opened up. For those that have played for months on these new servers - is it worth it? What do you think about the proposed time-table for further expansion rollouts? (Taking a few years to roll out.)

Many moons ago, I thought I had every single quest completed in the early game (and least for LoreMaster.) I was considering rolling a new character on a Legendary Server and attempting the full quest chain. So the question is - why not just do that on a normal server so you don't have to wait years to get to the late game? I assume there more people doing lower-level RAIDs that might have been missed before...

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks

I also have been playing since the beginning and am also a Lifer.
    What I have been doing on the LS (Anor) is playing "naked", that is with no armor or jewelery.
    That may sound insane, but it is quite a bit of fun actually.
    Why do this?
    Well, many of us think the game has become way to "easy".
    The truth is you can play this game without any real risk unless you choose to fight mobs and complete quests about 4 levels above your character's level.
    If you do that then you will find being a completionist extremely boring since you will end up doing much of the content VS "grey" mobs.
    When you take the plunge and run with no gear (other than weapons and tools and consumables) you can find the on-level content and mobs to be challenging again.

The dirty little secret is that you can play this game with no gear. None. As long as you have a weapon.
    You can of course do this on a regular server, the main difference is that you have no stable of characters with crafting skills to make you weapons and stuff. You hafta get this on your own.

Look here for more info:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...endary-servers

Oh, and have fun!
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

Another one here. The no armour thing sounds interesting! I also am a founder from Beta back in 2006, back after a long hiatus. I'm definitely gonna spend some time re-familiarising myself with the mechanics but once I do, I'm aching to start afresh. I'd be LFK on the Legendary Server though... anyone offering?
    Loge, Snowbourn.
    Founder of First Knights

Quote Originally Posted by darianmiller View Post

So the question is - why not just do that on a normal server so you don't have to wait years to get to the late game? I assume there more people doing lower-level RAIDs that might have been missed before...
    The live/normal servers do not have a lot of players running low level instances. In fact, many servers even struggle to have a healthy endgame raiding community. If you are interested in going through all of the content, the legendary servers make it easier for people to run instances like Garth Agarwen, Fornost, and Angmar instances on level.
    Death's Bane | Arkenstone | Endgame
    Mirage | Arkenstone | 75 Capped
    Mirage | Anor
    Meneldor Native