We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crafting mats and different guild tiers

So, playing in the legendary servers has once again brought lower level crafting to the fore, in particular, guild crafting and how long it takes to max out when only lower tiers are open to craft the guild rep items.

It's all good fun though, so all is good on that IMO.

However, with the current level on the LS, we have just four tiers open to craft guild rep. Expert, Artisan, Master and Supreme. It takes a lot of mats to keep up with the daily crafting for these guild tiers. We currently have a honeypot (high density node area) mat area for both Artisan and Master levels (as well as journeyman, but that isn't guild related), and we have crafting instances for the Supreme tier. So all those are easy enough to keep up with.

Expert tier though, is a different matter. It's' ok on cook and tailor, as there are plenty of places to get Sturdy hides, and cooks just grow their mats. When it comes to metalsmith and weaponsmith it's still ok-ish, but not as smooth as the other tiers. Jeweller and scholar on the other hand, are a real pain. There is a real shortage of mats for these two professions on the Expert tier. I took a prospector out for two hours yesterday and ended up with 240 rich iron ores compared to just 43 gold ores, which don't last very long at all when you're crafting daily guild items as well as equipment for alts etc.

Could we possibly have the expert tier streamlined down like the Supreme tier (and higher tiers), with one type of ore, used by all professions, and also add some more places that can be reliably used for Expert scholar mats. Alternatively, add some resource instances for the Expert tier.

So overall it would work like this . . .

Apprentice tier - one type of ore, hides are already easy to obtain, but scholar nodes could use a boost.
    Journeyman tier - honeypot exists, so already easy for all professions.
    Expert tier - Ideally changed to - Either one type of ore and a boost to scholar mats, or resource instances.
    Master tier - honeypot exists, so already easy for all professions.
    Supreme tier - resource instances exist, so already working ok.
    Westfold tier - plenty of resources over large regions, so working ok, but resource instances would compliment it if added.
    Eastemnet tier - Crafting instances exist, so already working well.
    Westemnet tier - Crafting instances exist, so already working well.
    Anorien tier - plenty of resources over large regions, so working ok, but resource instances would compliment it if added.
    Gorgoroth tier - Crafting instances exist, as well as landscape mat chests, so already working well.
    Doomfold tier - Crafting instances exist, so already working well.
    Ironfold tier - Crafting instances exist, so already working well.

As you can see, at present it's only the Expert tier letting it all down, with the lowest tier of scholar nodes coming a close second. Everything else is well set for players to get by.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Farming Iorvinas is great for expert scholar mats and there are tons of rich iron and gold in evendim and north downs. Some also near Ost Guruth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    Farming Iorvinas is great for expert scholar mats and there are tons of rich iron and gold in evendim and north downs. Some also near Ost Guruth.
    Like I said, the rich-iron and gold are a shared tier, so it's possible to end up with a lot of one and hardly any of the other. I know where to farm all the mats, it's just that the expert tier is inconsistent with . . . . everything else on all the other tiers.

There is about 5 scholar nodes in Iorvinas, so not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Like I said, the rich-iron and gold are a shared tier, so it's possible to end up with a lot of one and hardly any of the other. I know where to farm all the mats, it's just that the expert tier is inconsistent with . . . . everything else on all the other tiers.

There is about 5 scholar nodes in Iorvinas, so not ideal.
    Killing humanoids give those, as well as treasure nodes (backpacks, chests, corpses); so I never have had an issue with any scholar materials.
    Mining all ore nodes help, too; so don't selectively mine , so never had a problem with rich iron or gold (or dwarf iron and platinum). Oh, treasure nodes give ore/wood, too. And yes, I have had choice words mumbled when mining an area where it was obviously selectively mined.
    That said, making all tiers 'skarn' would be nice.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    Killing humanoids give those, as well as treasure nodes (backpacks, chests, corpses); so I never have had an issue with any scholar materials.
    Mining all ore nodes help, too; so don't selectively mine , so never had a problem with rich iron or gold (or dwarf iron and platinum). Oh, treasure nodes give ore/wood, too. And yes, I have had choice words mumbled when mining an area where it was obviously selectively mined.
    That said, making all tiers 'skarn' would be nice.
    Yup, I know not to mine selectively, and yes, this suggestion is about making things more streamlined, consistent and "nice" by changing that one tier that's in a different league to all the others

If you mine out a whole region like some of us do, you won't have an issue getting silver, gold, platinum or ancient silver.
    Now, scholar mats drop far too often so my Historian character doesn't need to scout ruins for nodes.
    Please stop calling for the game to be easier. We already don't have to mine tin anymore and supreme tier and up are one for all.

If you mine out a whole region like some of us do, you won't have an issue getting silver, gold, platinum or ancient silver.
    Now, scholar mats drop far too often so my Historian character doesn't need to scout ruins for nodes.
    Please stop calling for the game to be easier. We already don't have to mine tin anymore and supreme tier and up are one for all.
    There is no "easier", it's mining lol. How hard is that for you? Wanting to lay down bait to catalyse mob spawns for deeds . . . is making things easier.

I do mine whole regions, often, and with silver, platinum and ancient silver there is never usually a problem. However, when mining expert tier, I usually end up with a whole heap of rich-iron that I do not need because I've got tons of the stuff, and very little gold ore.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I do mine whole regions, often, and with silver, platinum and ancient silver there is never usually a problem. However, when mining expert tier, I usually end up with a whole heap of rich-iron that I do not need because I've got tons of the stuff, and very little gold ore.
    Then trade them for the jeweler ore. I used to trade barrow iron for silver and rich iron for gold all the time when I was leveling my jeweler.

Then trade them for the jeweler ore. I used to trade barrow iron for silver and rich iron for gold all the time when I was leveling my jeweler.
    Tried that, but it seems most players online at the same time as me are in the same boat, and would actually prefer to trade their rich-iron for gold. I'll get by, I have done for a very long time, it would just be nice to see this tier be consistent with the rest. especially now as I'm crafting for a kin, not just my own characters. It's not some off the cuff suggestion to make life easier. The ore still has to be mined, regardless of what it is. 100 nodes will still = the same amount of ore for the same amount of work. It will just be fully useful, rather than 2/3 useless.