We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

crafting guild question

Hi all , so this is kinda long winded, but here goes, my main is hunter lvl 78, he's a tailor-prospector-forester and supplies my alts with mats that have enabled them all to be eastemnet master crafters in their field (used to be max tier or close last time i played), i made a weaponsmith-woodworker- prospector thats lvl 38 and eastemnet master as well and makes all the weapons for my alts. i returned recently from a long absence from this game and ran into an issue and hope you can advise me on. the main is in tailor guild (obvious) and the other is in weaponsmith guild, i completed the eastemnet tier and went looking for woodworkers guild so i can upgrade my mains bow to first age and talked to a guild master npc and he asked if i wanted to join woodworkers guild , i choose yes and was notified that if i joined it i would lose all weaponsmith recpies and such. im like hell no! getting to that stage took alot of time effort and money, so i go to the lotro store to see if it just needed to be unlocked and proceeded to buy woodworkers guild access and went back and got the same dialogue. so it seems that it is only possible to be in one guild per character which is stupid since one character can be weaponsmith and woodworker in the same career bundle. so im at a loss and not looking forward to grinding a new toon to the same crafting lvl all over again. please tell me there's another way around this dilemma.

Thanks in advance!

There is no option in the game to have one character in two different guilds at the same time. One guild per character, that's all the game allows.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Thanks for the reply, i was afraid that would be the answer. i suppose now that i wish the game devs has made it so that only one "main " career that gets guild access and 2 support careers were the only choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Rillindreth View Post
    Thanks for the reply, i was afraid that would be the answer. i suppose now that i wish the game devs has made it so that only one "main " career that gets guild access and 2 support careers were the only choices.
    Guilds are not as important as they used to be. The game is up to tier 12 crafting now but crafting guilds stop at tier 9. There are NO GUILDS for the top three tiers of crafting.

The devs rescaled gear stats as part of the Update 24 (the current level cap) release. Regular crafted gear is better than it used to be. Bartered gear is better than the crafted gear but with a grind to collect the barter tokens. The stat rescaling affects all levels of gear, not just the very top levels of gear.

When you reach level 100, LI "imbuement" changes how LI's work and you don't need to keep changing LI's after that, unless you really want to. https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Leg...buement_system

To put that into context, my main, a guard, is still using the same set of LI's today that I prepared at level 100 in 2014. I've been using the same set of LI's on that toon for almost FIVE YEARS and I have no plans on replacing them at the moment.

If you really want to use guild recipes, it's a grind with the one guild per character limit, but from someone who has five different toons between level 105 - 120, I'm not seeing any significant problems with how I gear and play my toons due to no guild recipes in that level range. The biggest criticism I can make about no guilds for the top three crafting tiers is that collecting enough tokens to equip each toon with bartered gear is time consuming.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Yeah I ended up having 7 characters, each maxed in a different guild.

If all you want is having an FA crafted, do a shout out in trade channel.