We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: new burg here

new burg here

Hail All
    new burglar here. Ive been reading about the feedback after the update but would love to have more feedback on playing the style and trait lines. any guides or websites available?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowintheEast View Post
    Hail All
    new burglar here. Ive been reading about the feedback after the update but would love to have more feedback on playing the style and trait lines. any guides or websites available?
    Thanks!
    In the past Burglar Class was more of, It's not a class, its a way of life. Now with some rework Burglar came to life a bit. However it's not possible to guide you in the forums all that much.

It would help if you were on Brandywine. I love talking to people and routinely spend long periods just chatting in Kin's chat and in PM.

This guide still stands: http://dadislotroguides.com/burglar-guide-u19-2

This is my site https://shirehobbits.wordpress.com

But you usually just get it all by playing the class to say 60 something when you get one whole trait tree done.
    dadislotroguides.com -Burg Guide
    Den of Thieves -All Burglar kin on Brandywine
    Areyekuwe on LOTRO wiki -link to the LOTRO wiki
    lotrointerface.com -LOTRO plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    It was a nice guide, sadly it was never finished, and now it even become horribly outdated.
    Would not recommend to read.

Quote Originally Posted by 4andreas View Post
    It was a nice guide, sadly it was never finished, and now it even become horribly outdated.
    Would not recommend to read. - OMG

Sometimes i forget why i skip on forums for months and years.

Please contribute something other then this. Write your own corrections or a guide. Anything but the above.

Sorry, my bad, poor choice of words.

I would suggest read any guide you can find, including that one, but keep in mind that all of them are outdated. They give advices that are no longer true, skills that are no longer in game, and prioritize stats that should no longer be prioritized.
    The game changes a lot and i understand it is quite hard to make a guide that would be up-to-date all time.

So my advice is, if you are not familiar with a class, read any guide you can find, than go look again at your skills ingame and read the tooltips to see if they changed. But more importantly, ask people that play the class. I think that lot of players would rather have a conversation and answer the question, than making a guide that will be outdated soon.

Hey welcome to the burg class! I have been actively playing endgame burg for around 6-7 years now and I can personally say that it is a great class to get into!
    I have a YouTube channel that has some informational videos about outdated traits and an idea of how to gear your burg in general. I know it’s all a bit dated by now and may not be of big help, but I think it could at least help you orient yourself to the burg class to see what you’re getting yourself into.
    Link to my videos is in my bio and feel free to shoot me a personal message on the forums or on YouTube if you have any special questions. I’m more than happy to help!

Best,
    Aenise
    First Marshal Aenise - Level 115 Burglar
    Member of Situational Awareness http://situational-awareness.net/
    Check out my PvMP videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZV...fuVom6u7V9nDtw

Sorry, my bad, poor choice of words.

I would suggest read any guide you can find, including that one, but keep in mind that all of them are outdated. They give advices that are no longer true, skills that are no longer in game, and prioritize stats that should no longer be prioritized.
    The game changes a lot and i understand it is quite hard to make a guide that would be up-to-date all time.

So my advice is, if you are not familiar with a class, read any guide you can find, than go look again at your skills ingame and read the tooltips to see if they changed. But more importantly, ask people that play the class. I think that lot of players would rather have a conversation and answer the question, than making a guide that will be outdated soon.
    Such a good move. Thank you for this. I know all too well what it means to be opinionated myself, this is a strength not a weakness in just too many situations.

Besides you are totally on target here we are nearing version 24 and the guide is for 19.5. It does say that on top though so anyone reading would have to factor that in.

Best regards,

Thank you for this thread and that guide. I'm a returning player and was considering bringing my level 85 burglar out of retirement. The guide reminded me of the basics and also gave me some tips for my warsteed which is a nice bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowintheEast View Post
    Hail All
    Thanks!
    The statistics in lvl 120 with my burglar in red line for pve, raid and pvp (no secret)

* Mastery physical: 185%
    * Finesse: 28> 29%
    * Critical chance: 27.8% (damage 43%)
    * Resistance: 25%
    * Critical defense: 26% only ... (40% is good in pvp)
    * Evade: 14%
    * Physical Mitigation: 48%
    Orc damage: 34.6% (for the pvp)
    Maleficent: 34.6% (for the pvp)

* Tactical Mitigation: 32%

Used a lot of vital essences for morality and resistance , use essence of the critical harmony https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...itical_Harmony

- The line I'm using: https://zupimages.net/up/19/21/7mx3.jpg

Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by Magnumum View Post
    The statistics in lvl 120 with my burglar in red line for pve, raid and pvp (no secret)

* Mastery physical: 185%
    * Finesse: 28> 29%
    * Critical chance: 27.8% (damage 43%)
    * Resistance: 25%
    * Critical defense: 26% only ... (40% is good in pvp)
    * Evade: 14%
    * Physical Mitigation: 48%
    Orc damage: 34.6% (for the pvp)
    Maleficent: 34.6% (for the pvp)

* Tactical Mitigation: 32%

Used a lot of vital essences for morality and resistance , use essence of the critical harmony https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...itical_Harmony

- The line I'm using: https://zupimages.net/up/19/21/7mx3.jpg

Good luck !
    I read a bunch of your messages over time. Very cool stuff.