We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 46 of 46
  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafoo View Post
    I guess anyone playing Melee can go screw themselves? These two skills (Steadfast Barrage and Snare) combined also hurt any class without a ranged Interrupt (ex. Hunters) pretty hard. And yes I mean Interrupt and not just any old CC, since a BA can hit Akulhun, Mordy/Tyrant brand, or just prepot Stun + Fear pots and then go into Steadfast and rip you apart from a range. Any why wouldn't they? It's certainly worth the potion or brand cooldowns for the sake of preventing an interrupt on Steadfast in a fight compared to saving them since that one skill is the majority of your kit's ranged damage. Want to go in to interrupt them? Have fun with the Snares.



    Asking for PvP to be perfectly balanced for 1v1s and for raid vs raid is unrealistic and essentially impossible but I still think solo and small scale fights should at least be taken into account for balancing purposes. Difference of opinion. That being said, the skills are extremely broken in large scale fights in their current state as well. Why don't you address this part of what I posted earlier:


    Next...



    If you feel like Snares ignoring audacity is part of the uniqueness of the skill that's great. I still disagree with you but whatever. In that case the damage should STILL be lowered because it's STILL extremely overbudgeted in the BA kit. And like I said earlier I'm not calling for an overall nerf to BA's power, in my opinion the damage should be increased in their other skills to compensate. That's just a discussion for a different thread.



    This last part seems like a big joke. I'd still say the way Snares interacts with incoming damage reduction should've been changed back when Snares did absolutely no damage because it's still dumb. That goes for Fire Trap, that goes for whatever that dumb Root trap nobody uses is called, and it goes for Hunter traps as well. Ignoring a baseline PvP damage reduction that everyone has that applies to every other skill in the game isn't "uniqueness" it's stupid.

    Steadfast Barrage is most certainly NOT fine, while it should do more damage than a standard BA rotation because it's a cooldown skill that can be countered but it SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT be doing the majority of a BA's ranged damage and anybody saying that the current state of either of these skills relative to the entire rest of the BA's kit is healthy is frankly out of their mind.


    I would challenge you to address everything in this post and try to argue each point logically but I don't think that's going to happen. What's probably going to happen is that a few points will be cherrypicked, talked about briefly, and then the same couple of (incorrect) ideas from earlier in this thread along with a "no ur wrong im right i just cant explain why very well thread is dead in the water xd" will be restated. If that's the case please don't even bother replying.
    I'm not the one being presented with a challenge here. This is placed upon yourself and you haven't provided a solid basis to meet the challenge. By cherry picking the BA to be nerfed without inclusive context of the larger broken mess is just that cherry picking. You want to argue point by point about the BA exclusively in relation to our PvMP on the preceding basis? Good luck with that.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

    Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    I'm not the one being presented with a challenge here. This is placed upon yourself and you haven't provided a solid basis to meet the challenge. By cherry picking the BA to be nerfed without inclusive context of the larger broken mess is just that cherry picking. You want to argue point by point about the BA exclusively in relation to our PvMP on the preceding basis? Good luck with that.
    As multiple people said. No one asking for a nerf. And as expected instead of addressing the points you concocted a straw man and refused to answer valid rebuttals to your post. Pretty on brand for you.

    (Retired... Maybe un-retired?) Arkenstone: Immanitas R12 Burg, Gorbat R12 Reaver, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    I'm not the one being presented with a challenge here. This is placed upon yourself and you haven't provided a solid basis to meet the challenge. By cherry picking the BA to be nerfed without inclusive context of the larger broken mess is just that cherry picking. You want to argue point by point about the BA exclusively in relation to our PvMP on the preceding basis? Good luck with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafoo View Post
    And like I said earlier I'm not calling for an overall nerf to BA's power, in my opinion the damage should be increased in their other skills to compensate. That's just a discussion for a different thread.


    Arkenstone: Blulum (r12 Reaver), Tumblytwo-1 (r11 Champion), Gnaral (r7 Warg), Gnarfang (r7 Spider) - Malicious (Freep) / Nefarious (Creep)

    R.I.P. "The Blood Hand" 05/21/14

  4. #29
    And then people wonder why the Devs don't even bother. Why can't some people just take a step back, put down their creep/freep goggles and try to be unbiased. Talk about shooting yourself in the knee.

    It's like watching a 10 year old scream at his mother on the street because she refused to buy him ice cream. ''BUT MOM, all the other kids in my class are allowed to eat ice cream!!11! BabyRage''

    No one's denying here that Freep classes are broken. This thread is about BAs and when ~70% of your damage comes from 2 skills, then it needs to be adressed at some point if we want a more balanced game. Isn't it in your own self interest to add more depth to your class by making other skills more viable? Again, no one's saying that BAs should be nerfed and all the other freep classes should be left alone. Can't you see that, or are you just unable to press more than 2 skills? Not sure why else you'd defend this.
    Daenirion RK R10 - [DE]Maiar
    Zordakh Reaver R12 - [DE]Maiar
    Akorax Warg R9 - [DE]Maiar
    Xarakh Defiler R10 - [DE]Vanyar

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Moneyforever View Post
    As multiple people said. No one asking for a nerf. And as expected instead of addressing the points you concocted a straw man and refused to answer valid rebuttals to your post. Pretty on brand for you.
    If the BA were truly out of line in the larger scope of PvMP balance, I would offer no objections. I know it is not.

    You all can dress up the rational all you like but in the end it is a nerf. Plain and simple.



    This should be your main concern and not the, Waaa! I died in the Moors.

    Prompting Vastin to tell us if and when the tether between Creeps and NPCs will be severed. Then PvMP balance will be much easier to attempt and take far less time. This thread and its content won't. You are suggesting for Vastin to throw out all his previous work on core stat balance in the damage stat curve he created for the interaction between Players and NPCs. I have doubts Vastin will give that notion even a few seconds of time.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

    Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    If the BA were truly out of line in the larger scope of PvMP balance, I would offer no objections. I know it is not.
    Wargs: Damage heavily reliant on smart use of animation cancels and positional damage.

    Reaver: Kinda weak right now but can do strong burst by setting up a big impale and hoping it crits. Further skill gap between players through use of their many immediate skills to get off this combo more quickly as well as debuff layering and appropriate timing of certain skills.

    Spider: Acceptable sustained damage with only a couple skills but with a huge emphasis on control that makes their kit both large and difficult to play at peak efficiency.

    Blackarrow: ME HIT DA SNARE AND DA STEADFAST!!!@!@!@!




    This change we're proposing would only be a "nerf" in that it would increase the skill cap of Blackarrow to a level that is acceptable compared to literally every single other class in the game. Inherently you're right it IS a nerf, because you'd be forced to do more work for the same output. Granted it's a minor one because most people are capable of hitting Puncture Target, Screaming Shafts, and the like but it would certainly make BA harder to play than its current state.

    That does NOT mean the current state of BAs are acceptable and you have yet to post ANYTHING CONSTRUCTIVE AT ALL RELATED TO THIS. It's almost like you've been willfully ignoring the fact that 80% of a class' damage being centered in two skills is:
    1. bad design
    2. very clearly an unintended side effect from certain other changes that have been made
    3. harmful to the skill cap of the class
    4. completely out of line with every other class in the game on both freepside and creepside

    ALONG WITH ignoring every other logical point people in this thread including myself have been trying to make to convince you that maybe, just maybe, you are WRONG.


    Before I challenged you to look at an argument and actually address some of the points I had made, instead you did exactly what I said you would and completely ignored them all in favor of reposting the same mindless drivel you've been filling this thread with. Now instead I would like to ask you to stop wasting my time and the time of everyone else reading this garbage.
    Last edited by Fafoo; May 11 2019 at 05:16 PM.
    Arkenstone: Blulum (r12 Reaver), Tumblytwo-1 (r11 Champion), Gnaral (r7 Warg), Gnarfang (r7 Spider) - Malicious (Freep) / Nefarious (Creep)

    R.I.P. "The Blood Hand" 05/21/14

  7. #32
    fix wargs rotation while you're at it.

    as for steadfast barrage, Idc about the damage aspect, you guys can fight on that. I have always disliked this skill for how slow it is. 1 minute channel skill and the interval between each shot is stupidly long? no thank you. please make it shorter, say 10 seconds duration, and make it tick much faster.

    Also, the enhanced trait is supposed to let you use it on the move? it's been broken for as long as i can remember.
    Last edited by wretchesandkings; May 11 2019 at 06:38 PM.

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by wretchesandkings View Post

    Also, the enhanced trait is supposed to let you use it on the move? it's been broken for as long as i can remember.
    Go to your class trainer, remove all class traits and then put them back in. That should fix it supposedly.
    Daenirion RK R10 - [DE]Maiar
    Zordakh Reaver R12 - [DE]Maiar
    Akorax Warg R9 - [DE]Maiar
    Xarakh Defiler R10 - [DE]Vanyar

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafoo View Post
    Now instead I would like to ask you to stop wasting my time and the time of everyone else reading this garbage.
    You've exhausted every possible angle in this already. You might want to consider it is you wasting Dev time. There is a larger picture here than you willingly refusing to adapt. If you aren't willing then do so as you please but it won't change anything. Your motives are clear and anyone with half a clue can see them clearly. Being honest would likely get a better result. You can't expect to face roll thru Creeps as if they are NPCs. Accept this fact and learn to play better.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

    Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    You've exhausted every possible angle in this already. You might want to consider it is you wasting Dev time. There is a larger picture here than you willingly refusing to adapt. If you aren't willing then do so as you please but it won't change anything. Your motives are clear and anyone with half a clue can see them clearly. Being honest would likely get a better result. You can't expect to face roll thru Creeps as if they are NPCs. Accept this fact and learn to play better.
    Oof.

    Arkenstone: Blulum (r12 Reaver), Tumblytwo-1 (r11 Champion), Gnaral (r7 Warg), Gnarfang (r7 Spider) - Malicious (Freep) / Nefarious (Creep)

    R.I.P. "The Blood Hand" 05/21/14

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    greece/Preveza
    Posts
    322
    this black arrows traps are a joke, and must be fixed and nerfed very fast. all the creep players roll now a ba, and use only traps. all the ppl say that. creeps and freeps. 40 creeps on evernight every day and the 30 are ba's. normal? nop of course.
    Krom Of Laurelin. Kromiel Rank 13

  12. #37
    This isnt even a balancing issue first though, but a clear bug

    ANY skill going through Audacity damage reduction is bugged, period. There's skills that go through damage type mitigation (physical/tactical mitigation) - those skills have tooltips indicating that. There isn't a single skill in the game that is intended to go through damage source mitigations (melee/ranged/tactical defence)

    Fix the bugs first and then worry about balance. Balancing around unfixed bugs is just putting bandaid over bandaid

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromachine View Post
    this black arrows traps are a joke, and must be fixed and nerfed very fast. all the creep players roll now a ba, and use only traps. all the ppl say that. creeps and freeps. 40 creeps on evernight every day and the 30 are ba's. normal? nop of course.
    this burglars are a joke, and must be fixed and nerfed very fast. all the freep players roll now a burg, and attack only in burg packs. all the ppl say that. creeps and freeps. 40 freeps on Arkenstone every day and the 30 are burgs. normal? nop of course.

    I fixed it for you.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by xxSniperxx View Post
    this burglars are a joke, and must be fixed and nerfed very fast. all the freep players roll now a burg, and attack only in burg packs. all the ppl say that. creeps and freeps. 40 freeps on Arkenstone every day and the 30 are burgs. normal? nop of course.

    I fixed it for you.


    You wrong mate ! Freeps on Evernight can't leave gv stairs cause there are traps in bushes!!! Its health&safety issues.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by xxSniperxx View Post
    this burglars are a joke, and must be fixed and nerfed very fast. all the freep players roll now a burg, and attack only in burg packs. all the ppl say that. creeps and freeps. 40 freeps on Arkenstone every day and the 30 are burgs. normal? nop of course.

    I fixed it for you.
    Nobody here is saying burgs are balanced either, in fact I think they're pretty disgustingly busted atm. That being said, burglars being dumb OP doesn't justify BA having a broken skillset centered entirely around 2 abilities. They're BOTH wrong. Make a different thread about burgs with some insights regarding how you think they should be changed and hopefully both will get fixed eventually along with everything else wrong with PvP
    Last edited by Fafoo; May 16 2019 at 12:26 AM.
    Arkenstone: Blulum (r12 Reaver), Tumblytwo-1 (r11 Champion), Gnaral (r7 Warg), Gnarfang (r7 Spider) - Malicious (Freep) / Nefarious (Creep)

    R.I.P. "The Blood Hand" 05/21/14

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafoo View Post
    Nobody here is saying burgs are balanced either, in fact I think they're pretty disgustingly busted atm. That being said, burglars being dumb OP doesn't justify BA having a broken skillset centered entirely around 2 abilities. They're BOTH wrong. Make a different thread about burgs with some insights regarding how you think they should be changed and hopefully both will get fixed eventually along with everything else wrong with PvP
    Nah

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    366


    This is fine. Everything is fine.
    Arkenstone: Blulum (r12 Reaver), Tumblytwo-1 (r11 Champion), Gnaral (r7 Warg), Gnarfang (r7 Spider) - Malicious (Freep) / Nefarious (Creep)

    R.I.P. "The Blood Hand" 05/21/14

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by xxSniperxx View Post
    this burglars are a joke, and must be fixed and nerfed very fast. all the freep players roll now a burg, and attack only in burg packs. all the ppl say that. creeps and freeps. 40 freeps on Arkenstone every day and the 30 are burgs. normal? nop of course.
    Creep Math, lol.
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r13 Minstrel.

    Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryam View Post
    Creep Math, lol.
    It's called satire, if you even know what that means. Whenever I talk to LOTRO players I often find myself oversimplifying everything to the elementary school level.

    me: "wargs dont macro"
    some random baby boomer: "whaddya mean? he used 30 skills in 6 seconds!!! if you were serving in 'nam then you would know that that's semi-automatic!"
    me: "half of those are autoattacks"
    them: "so he's macroing autoattacks, either way he's been reported"
    me:

  20. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by xxSniperxx View Post
    It's called satire, if you even know what that means. Whenever I talk to LOTRO players I often find myself oversimplifying everything to the elementary school level.
    Sorry, I just assumed your post was ignorant and/or hyperbole, and not that your false equivalency was a failed attempt at satire.
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r13 Minstrel.

    Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryam View Post
    Sorry, I just assumed your post was ignorant and/or hyperbole, and not that your false equivalency was a failed attempt at satire.
    Even now, it's as if you still do not understand what makes the post satirical. Which, of itself, is rather amusing.

    (Hint: take the original comment in context. Maybe you'll get there eventually!)
    Feailuve, Akabath, Failure - Evernight
    Also known as Giliodor

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload