We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The race of Men and their Mounts

When using the MAN RACE and/or BEORNING RACE and riding on any type of 68% speed mount they will come out of sync with the mount and bounce around irregularly. This has been going on for quite a while and only happens to the MAN/BEORNING race. It does not happen to the Hobbit, Elf, High Elf or Dwarf races.

I was able to test this out and and I found the following : Using the Man/Beorning race riding a horse, goat or elk at 68% speed causes the irregular bouncing to occur. When using the Man/Beorning race on a 62% speed mount they ride in sync with no bouncing at all.

I do not have the 78% account speed enhancement so I am not able to text that speed for irregular bouncing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Juravael View Post
    When using the MAN RACE and/or BEORNING RACE and riding on any type of 68% speed mount they will come out of sync with the mount and bounce around irregularly. This has been going on for quite a while and only happens to the MAN/BEORNING race. It does not happen to the Hobbit, Elf, High Elf or Dwarf races.

I was able to test this out and and I found the following : Using the Man/Beorning race riding a horse, goat or elk at 68% speed causes the irregular bouncing to occur. When using the Man/Beorning race on a 62% speed mount they ride in sync with no bouncing at all.

I do not have the 78% account speed enhancement so I am not able to text that speed for irregular bouncing issues.
    I read an old necroed thread about this last night. I've never experienced it to be honest, but I haven't played a race of man character in ages. I will log into the main server tonight and check out my main (human hunter), who has the riding upgrade. I will let you know.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

White Men Can't Ride?

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    White Men Can't Ride?
    No, we can't. We try, but it just doesn't happen.

Seriously though, to answer the OP, I don't recall ever having this issue. I'll pay attention to my riding animation later this week when I have time to log on.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I read an old necroed thread about this last night. I've never experienced it to be honest, but I haven't played a race of man character in ages. I will log into the main server tonight and check out my main (human hunter), who has the riding upgrade. I will let you know.
    Thanks, would be interested to know if it happens at 78% or not.

I've had this issue for years, and even had a GM confirm they could see it "in game" when I bought a mount and it kept happening. The GM refunded the mount for me, but I'd rather just have the issue fixed.

I took like a five year break from the game, and one of the first things I noticed was that the old de-synchronization of mount and rider was still there as bad as ever!

However, I have to add that it does happen to Elves and Dwarves, at least on my account. Very bad on the Elf in fact -- it can make one a bit queasy to watch.

I've always figured it had something to do with my laggy connection though, although back in the day it was widely complained about.

I think everyone just got used to it over time...
    Manni: Dwarf Guardian
    Manriel: Elf Loremaster
    Manny: Man Champion
    Gladden

I can confirm that it happens to high elves. This bug has been around forever it seems. An easy temporary fix is to toggle the mount to walk for a few seconds, and then toggle it back to run. This usually fixes it for a while. Wish there was a permanent fix. The wobble can get so bad that I actually cringe as I can imagine the pain that must follow such an impact between saddle and my characters neither parts.
    Arkenstone: Amatalas (115 Hunter), Sylvira (115 Runekeeper), Matolo (105 Burglar), Matrem (105 Warden) and many, many more...

Long live Meneldor!

Interesting. I couldn't recall ever seeing this phenomenon, so I logged in one of my Man (... well, woman ...) characters and put her on her Steed of the Eldar, which is a 68% mount. I rode back and forth for a couple of minutes ... I didn't see any irregular bouncing. I don't doubt you've been seeing what you describe, but I didn't. I wonder what I'm doing wrong (or, possibly, right?).
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnescott View Post
    I can confirm that it happens to high elves. This bug has been around forever it seems. An easy temporary fix is to toggle the mount to walk for a few seconds, and then toggle it back to run. This usually fixes it for a while. Wish there was a permanent fix. The wobble can get so bad that I actually cringe as I can imagine the pain that must follow such an impact between saddle and my characters neither parts.

This is interesting. My high elves can ride any mount just fine with no bouncing, same with elf, hobbit and dwarf but not the man race. I wonder why we would be seeing differences? The GM said that he could see my character bouncing like crazy so I know it's not just my system.

As a side note .... Man race also has major animation issues with using the blue line in the Hunter class, draws arrows twice, sometimes 3 times ( barbed arrow and swift arrow ) but my other races perform just fine in blue line Hunter. I do wonder if this is related somehow.

Thanks, would be interested to know if it happens at 78% or not.

I've had this issue for years, and even had a GM confirm they could see it "in game" when I bought a mount and it kept happening. The GM refunded the mount for me, but I'd rather just have the issue fixed.
    I didn't see this issue when I checked it out on human hunter on a 78% horse, but then, I've never seen it in the game. Lucky I guess. Hope they get it sorted soon for those experiencing it.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

the bug becomes more seldom i feel.

yesterday i had it with the female highelf on the elk with 172% ridespeed (accountwide).
    looks funny, as she sink deep in the elk.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    White Men Can't Ride?
    Sad but true xD

I can confirm I see this. I see it everywhere, not just 68% mounts. It's most dramatic with stable horses for me, though it definitely happens with mounts. It can get to the point where the toon is moving exactly opposite to the horse, which is pretty cringe-worthy (as noted by another poster). Horse riders, only, not pony riders.

It happens some times and not others, and I have no clue what triggers it.
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Victory's Secret: Ardith Exhibitionaire (Woman Captain)
    Feel the Breeze! Naked Aventuring: http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...endary-servers

I used to get this all the time also. I checked yesterday with 78% speed and realized that all my characters still bounce like they need riding lessons. It turns out I have been
    unconsciously putting them on horses /ponies equipped with the high back saddles. If you ride horses/ponies with those saddles, you don't see it as bad, lol. (Oh, and I have
    all races. Hobbits and dwarves don't seem to be as bad because they ride like they are on rocking chairs.

Sashawen
    Level 105 Loremaster

Thanks for all of the replies everyone.

It seems to be different for all of us that are experiencing the out of sync riding. I thought I had it pretty narrowed down, but seems that is only for my client, as others are reporting other races, mounts and speeds all being affected.

Oh this old bug... never seems to die.

There are a lot of things attributing to the out of sync animations. One of those ways is when the player falls (as opposed to jumps) from heights. We run a re-sync when the player lands from a jump but someone forgot to add the re-sync on landing without jumping....
    The other time it breaks is during turning while moving forward, although this is more inconsistent.

I'm currently fixing these animations on all of the races. I believe I can get this fix into Update 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Levaqian View Post

There are a lot of things attributing to the out of sync animations. One of those ways is when the player falls (as opposed to jumps) from heights. We run a re-sync when the player lands from a jump but someone forgot to add the re-sync on landing without jumping....
    The other time it breaks is during turning while moving forward, although this is more inconsistent.

I'm currently fixing these animations on all of the races. I believe I can get this fix into Update 24.
    Hey, I just wanted to thank you for answering this thread. I know we give you guys a lot of flack, but you guys give it your all, and I appreciate that.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Mount your steed. Change speed. Dismount. Change character speed. Mount your steed. This used to fix the animation. Just wish the models weren't messed up making them sit to the left.
    'Ú-damdir.'
    Palenen - Elendilmir - The royal gem of Arnor - "May you 'Jingle Jangle' into the West."

Hey, no worries. All of my characters regardless of race do it, sometimes more, sometimes less. And over the years I've been here in Middle-Earth, I have learned to just not look. It is easier than watching my character pound her bottom bones into her horse's back.

I have horses in real life. Real people "sit" a horse differently, depending upon the riding discipline, the gait, and the experience and physicality of the rider. I cannot imagine that variety being easily animated, if at all.

Probably the best solution is to rivet the rider's seat bones to the horse's back, and provide for more flexibility in the rider's waist to follow the movement of the horse's back. You might watch some of the YouTube videos of actors riding a horse dummy for close-up camera shots.

What would totally make my day is if our poor misused pixel horses could buck us off. Instead of a warsteed sliding to a stop, it would be absolutely hilarious if sometimes the horse just put his head down, kicked up his hind feet, and threw our sorry butts in the dirt. Especially if we have been sliding down cliffs and causing "broken" legs. Now, that animation I would pay for with lots of LPs.

And, thank you. Have a great day.

It would also be incredibly funny if the animation of the warsteed bucking off the rider included the horse bucking and snorting away, bucking off all of those fancy trappings, and turning to look at you and snort. And there should be a cooldown on the remount that says "Your horse says 'no'.", and you could only remount during the cooldown if you had carrots in your bag. LOL!!

Oh hey! Yeah, thanks for answering! It's so awesome to know you guys are reading.
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Victory's Secret: Ardith Exhibitionaire (Woman Captain)
    Feel the Breeze! Naked Aventuring: http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...endary-servers

Thank you so much for responding!!!

I would be forever thankful if you are able to fix the out of sync animation. Thank you so much
    Last edited by Juravael; May 15 2019 at 09:40 PM.

If you could fix this age old bug, I would love you long time.

Looks like it's fixed

Looks like this got fixed in U24. Thanks Levaqian!

Quote Originally Posted by Cave_Troll View Post
    Looks like this got fixed in U24. Thanks Levaqian!
    Good to read, thanks.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast