We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How to continue Lughash questline in Mordor?

I finished the quest "At the Mistress's Bidding" and spoke to Spakorth to turn it in. According to the Wiki, he is now supposed to offer me the quest "Blinding the Watching Stones," yet he has no quest to offer. I went and did other quests around the area and came back, but he still has no ring. I don't recall having any issues with this quest chain the first time I did Mordor. Is there some other requirement to continue? I am level 112 and the quest is level 108.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    I finished the quest "At the Mistress's Bidding" and spoke to Spakorth to turn it in. According to the Wiki, he is now supposed to offer me the quest "Blinding the Watching Stones," yet he has no quest to offer. I went and did other quests around the area and came back, but he still has no ring. I don't recall having any issues with this quest chain the first time I did Mordor. Is there some other requirement to continue? I am level 112 and the quest is level 108.
    Having difficulty to remember exactly because it's been a while since I did that, but might it be that there are several "phase" versions of Spakorth around so you might need to talk to a different Spakorth elsewhere? 47.8s 13.7e seems to be the correct place to pick up the quest, not the 45.0s 16.0e where he is in the previous quest. I don't know if this is really what causes your problem, but it came to my mind.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    Having difficulty to remember exactly because it's been a while since I did that, but might it be that there are several "phase" versions of Spakorth around so you might need to talk to a different Spakorth elsewhere? 47.8s 13.7e seems to be the correct place to pick up the quest, not the 45.0s 16.0e where he is in the previous quest. I don't know if this is really what causes your problem, but it came to my mind.
    According to the wiki the next quest is supposed to start with him at the same location where the last one left off. I checked the previous location but he's not there. Logged on again today and the Spakorth I'm supposed to talk to is still standing there with no ring.

I'm frustrated. It looks like the two quests are supposed to follow one after the other, and that second one should be auto bestowed immediately after finishing the first. If I can't access this quest, I'll be locked out of a very long quest chain as well as the dailies. I know the dailies aren't essential anymore, but I still want to have everything open on this character.

Edited to add: Just walked into the Flaming Spire and found a third version of Spakorth, but still no quest. Since he hasn't invited me inside yet anyway, I'm not surprised. I'll keep trying by doing the other quests in the area, but they are in Barad Dur and don't have anything to do with the dwarves, so I'm skeptical. I liked this quest chain, so I hope I can find a way to do it.
    Last edited by CloudCastle; May 03 2019 at 10:31 PM.

Gildoriel, you were right about me talking to the "wrong" version of Spakorth. I found a 4th Spakorth today by accident when wandering the landscape and he was the one that had the next quest! I checked the wiki again, and the coordinates for him are very close to another version of him, so when I had checked previously, I went to that last known spot, thinking that's where the wiki was directing me. I didn't double check the coords or I would have seen that they were slightly different from where I was actually standing.

As far as I can tell it looks like the game allowed me to turn in the previous quest to the "wrong" version of Spakorth, which it shouldn't have let me do. I went to the wrong one because another NPC who had a quest turn in was standing right near him, so I just went to his turn-in ring next. That left me with a broken quest chain, because then I would have had to go back to the other version of Spakorth to pick up the next quest, but now there was nothing to lead me there! It seems like both versions of Spakorth should not be visible (or functional) on the landscape at the same time.

So glad I got the quest chain back.