We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Loading Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have corrected an issue related to a third party registrar, and have been working to repropagate DNS information. Many people should have their log in or patching issues resolved at this time. If not, it may be a few hours yet as ISPs update their DNS information.
    It is now four days for me, and I still can't get in....

Same here--it started getting flaky 2 days ago for me. First, it would fail to get past the SSG video, and sit with a black screen with the in-game mouse pointer. Then I'd try again and everything would launch correctly. That same night, I tried again and I could only get to the character select screen--when I tried to launch the game with the selected character--another infinite black screen with the in-game mouse pointer. As of yesterday morning, I can only get to the SSG video, and then it's the black screen and the mouse pointer again forever until I ctrl-alt-delete. I tried a repair, but no results. I also tried the suggestion of renaming the folder in the Documents folder--no luck. And I tried using the CMD prompt with the administrator option to resent the DNS--again, nothing.

Other than this thread where I see others with with this problem still occurring, I haven't seen any official statement from SSG about this, other than the one stating they fixed the problem a day or so ago. I haven't submitted a support ticket yet, but will likely do so if this doesn't get addressed soon.

My basic specs:

Dell quad-core desktop PC 2.4 GHz 4GB RAM
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit w/Service Pack 1
    GeForce GTX 750Ti
    Plenty of hard drive space

Yeah, it's a bit outdated, but has always run LOTRO just fine.

Edit: I noticed a couple of "akamai" processes hanging around in the task manager. I killed both, flushed dns as described above, renamed the lotro folder and - voila - the game's working now. It seems that those remaining processes prevent the fixes from taking effect, so make sure there's no "akamai" in your task manager before applying fixes.
    Last edited by bvrzvm; May 05 2019 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bvrzvm View Post
    Edit: I noticed a couple of "akamai" processes hanging around in the task manager. I killed both, flushed dns as described above, renamed the lotro folder and - voila - the game's working now. It seems that those remaining processes prevent the fixes from taking effect, so make sure there's no "akamai" in your task manager before applying fixes.
    Make sure everything else works/updates properly, Akamai do work for a lot of people, including microgit at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by bvrzvm View Post
    Looks like I'll have to figure out how to do all that, as I'm tiring of waiting. Funny that the game never stopped launching on my wife's laptop, but on my pc I get stuck on the black loading screen (prior to character selection).

Edit: Yay, another day and LOTRO fixed it!
    Last edited by Dubhghall; May 07 2019 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubhghall View Post
    Looks like I'll have to figure out how to do all that, as I'm tiring of waiting. Funny that the game never stopped launching on my wife's laptop, but on my pc I get stuck on the black loading screen (prior to character selection).
    I had the same exact thing. CTRL-ALT-DEL > Task Manager > look for "akamai", and "End Task" if you find any; then rename the LOTRO folder as described above. I think that having "akamai" running prevents the game from being reset properly.

Smile Can't use LOTRO Store

Hello.. I was having that problem- connected, logged in, got a couple of splash screens and then black screen. I looked on the forums and found a recommendation to do a fresh install. I did that and am able to log in and play.

My problem now is
    *waits for the fanfare to die down* *coughs softly* *nods and continues* hehehe :

I am not able to use the LOTRO Store. I click on it, then I can no longer interact with the game. Things appear to be going on around me, but I can't move, or do anything else. When the store eventually pops up (it only shows up when I do ctrl+alt+delete - which I did the first time to shut the game down since it was frozen - the game popped back up and lo and behold, the store!). It appears normal, hand appearing over all the things to click on, so I click on something, and the game minimizes itself to the desktop. I click on the game icon to open the game again, click on an item in the store window...... back to the desktop! Yay! Round and round we go!

Is anyone else having this issue? I've searched the forums, so I do apologize if I've overlooked a solution. I'm comfortable with my computer, but I doubt I could be as detailed as a lot of you are about what I have and what it all does.

My LOTRO points are burning a hole in my pocket and I can't spend them LOL I'd appreciate any advice on how to fix it.

Thanks for any and all help in advance!

Gwin

Quote Originally Posted by Gwinthalin View Post
    Hello.. I was having that problem- connected, logged in, got a couple of splash screens and then black screen. I looked on the forums and found a recommendation to do a fresh install. I did that and am able to log in and play.

My problem now is
    *waits for the fanfare to die down* *coughs softly* *nods and continues* hehehe :

I am not able to use the LOTRO Store. I click on it, then I can no longer interact with the game. Things appear to be going on around me, but I can't move, or do anything else. When the store eventually pops up (it only shows up when I do ctrl+alt+delete - which I did the first time to shut the game down since it was frozen - the game popped back up and lo and behold, the store!). It appears normal, hand appearing over all the things to click on, so I click on something, and the game minimizes itself to the desktop. I click on the game icon to open the game again, click on an item in the store window...... back to the desktop! Yay! Round and round we go!

Is anyone else having this issue? I've searched the forums, so I do apologize if I've overlooked a solution. I'm comfortable with my computer, but I doubt I could be as detailed as a lot of you are about what I have and what it all does.

My LOTRO points are burning a hole in my pocket and I can't spend them LOL I'd appreciate any advice on how to fix it.

Thanks for any and all help in advance!

Gwin
    There is a setting in the game options to use the external store, I suspect it has been selected for some reason, so clicking on the store will switch focus from the game to your browser. Which browser do you use? I have had issues with the external store not rendering correctly for months (FireFox).

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    There is a setting in the game options to use the external store, I suspect it has been selected for some reason, so clicking on the store will switch focus from the game to your browser. Which browser do you use? I have had issues with the external store not rendering correctly for months (FireFox).
    That was it! Thank you so much, Yarbro! Heaven only knows how I did that LOL

I use Opera browser. I really appreciate that you responded so quickly, it was very kind of you. Now I can go shopping *grins*

Gwin

still unable to play

I have now been unable to play since end of april. I have reinstalled the game a few times from lotro.com. I have renamed files repaired files moved files. ever since this dns thingy that happened I am so stuck. been playing for 12 years and this is how it ends. i originally had the error hash code for patch file and I am now able to log in but only get a black screen with a blue circle cursor. I am not technical minded at all. I know how to press on and off but anything inbetween I need help with. I have followed advice from friends in game and had no luck. im hoping for one last ditch attempt at logging in before I cancel sub for good. any help would be grateful. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by legoborn View Post
    I have now been unable to play since end of april. I have reinstalled the game a few times from lotro.com. I have renamed files repaired files moved files. ever since this dns thingy that happened I am so stuck. been playing for 12 years and this is how it ends. i originally had the error hash code for patch file and I am now able to log in but only get a black screen with a blue circle cursor. I am not technical minded at all. I know how to press on and off but anything inbetween I need help with. I have followed advice from friends in game and had no luck. im hoping for one last ditch attempt at logging in before I cancel sub for good. any help would be grateful. thanks.
    A quick google suggests a corrupted graphics driver, or graphics setting, are you having any other issues with other games/programs?

Did you delete the Lotro user file ? This contains info about your settings, and deleting it will lose any custom settings you have in the game; however the game will create a new folder/file that will store any future changes to your game preferences.

Not sure about Win10, but under Win7 it is c:/Users/yourname/MyDocuments/Lord of the Rings/

Same issue

Quote Originally Posted by Faelrod View Post
    Is anybody else having problems loading the game today?

Launcher pops, I get the first load screen, then the SS logo swoosh, and then....nothing...just a black screen of disappointment...

Any ideas what the issue may be and what needs to be done to fix it?

Thanks!
    I had the same issue, I had to re-install DirectX9 for some reason. Just click the little arrow on the launcher, options, direct x9 install

Quote Originally Posted by Grantanator View Post
    I had the same issue, I had to re-install DirectX9 for some reason. Just click the little arrow on the launcher, options, direct x9 install
    Some unidentified program, probably a gfx or Microgit updater, keeps over-writing some of the dx9 files with newer versions that are labelled dx9, but that LOTRO refuses to work with, so it WILL happen again.

Although you can use the repair option, it means downloading the dx files each time; better to visit the microgit website and download the full dx runtime files (2010), and unpack them somewhere safe; especially as Microgit are once again trying to push people off of Win7 by deleting some driver files (NVME has gone).

My game loads to my characters. I log in to a character, play for a bit, go through a door or into an instance, then the fiery ring keeps not loading and after a while I get the black disconnect and quit screen. Then I shut down the pc, and start all over. This time I get to the character, but this time I can't get into the game. It is the same fiery ring not loading and after a while I get the black disconnect and quit screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrider39 View Post
    My game loads to my characters. I log in to a character, play for a bit, go through a door or into an instance, then the fiery ring keeps not loading and after a while I get the black disconnect and quit screen. Then I shut down the pc, and start all over. This time I get to the character, but this time I can't get into the game. It is the same fiery ring not loading and after a while I get the black disconnect and quit screen.
    I can get into the game, but the server keeps disconnecting, been getting it all afternoon (BST), and 2 CTDs (memory violation) within 5 minutes of each other.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3