We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Failing to update

Hi there

Anyone else receiving the message:

"PatchClientDLL::CheckDatF iles Failed. [Unable to decrypt and de-serialize the data download from the server.]"

yes , 3 days now.nothing works.is from ssg the problem.
    Krom Of Laurelin. Kromiel Rank 13

Well thought it was fixed. Got up this morning and it appeared to install, no error messages. So started the game up and get "201 error, no game dat files". So I follow the troubleshooting steps up to uninstalling everything and reinstalling, but now back to the error with the hash code for the patch file. At this point will just have to open a ticket. On my laptop I have installed through Steam and after flushing the DNS I can now log in with no issues on that. Might try to install through steam on my desktop to see what happens.

there was an error generating a hash code for a patch file

there was a fix put out for this at
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Friday-May-3rd

but even after uninstalling and reinstalling as per the file provided I'm still getting the same issues.

Warmer but no LOTRO love yet

Now after setting my router to cloudflare's open DNS settings, 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 in case anyone missed it. The error I have when attempting to log in is post password entry when I click on any server and click login. Modal Window Indicates
    Game Error [202]
    RED X Can't find the local data file 'English', [202]
    with only an OK button as an option

Note the German version is working fine but my German is not so fine anymore.

This post/info resolved my 202 error today.

"Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    You don't need another computer to fix this problem. You just need to make the LOTRO launcher download a fresh version of a corrupted file.

In your main LOTRO folder ( ...\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online ) look for the file client_local_English.dat. This file should be about 800 MB in size. If is small, then simply delete it and then start LOTRO from the icon. The launcher will load a new copy of the file."

My client_local_English.dat file was 1K in size, not 800MB. I deleted that 1K file and let the patcher do it's magic.
    I'm in and operational.
    Last edited by Aranthorn; May 04 2019 at 12:32 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2