We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by afern View Post
    My client is fully up-to-date, and I cannot get in the game. It is NOT limited just to those needing patched. If we had the FQDN and the IP addresses for the servers, we could fake the DNS entries and get into the game.
    Try again, the domain is back up.

You are not the only one reporting they are unable to get in, even with a fully patched client, yet I have logged in and out 4-5 times in the last couple of hours with no issues.

if still no joy, check your firewall.

EDIT

There may be DNS complications, you could try this one, it works for me. https://www.opendns.com/
    Last edited by Yarbro; May 02 2019 at 04:06 PM.

This is still down...

Ridiculous.
    #15skills

Steam lotro launcher tries to update itself, then after I gave it admin permission to do that, it fails the update.

Same error?

You can using tor to download lotrolive.exe

I'll join in here.

I have been unable to stay connected since the last update (Monday, April 29th). My toon freezes and eventually I get a Windows error message "the LOTRO client has stopped working".

After exhausting all other options, even those suggested by LOTRO Tech Support, I tried a "Repair" via the LOTRO Launcher. Like the game play described above, this repair froze almost immediately and could not be restarted.

I chose to re-install the game. That was a MISTAKE, as the game is now gone and the LOTRO "PC Download" does not work at all. I get that same error message to contact my service provider.

I saw the message that SSG was working on "connection issues". Did they give a time frame for resolution?

Yes, after 12 years, I'm now worried. Is this game in a tail spin, or what?

Hey, all. I ran into this exact same issue. Went so far as to uninstall but to no avail. Read here that someone noted that their DNS had lapsed but it had since been fixed, so I had an idea: if I flushed my DNS, it may try to connect to the new server rather than the old (defunct) one.

So I flushed my DNS and restarted the launcher and it immediately connected properly and began to redownload the game. So try that, force your computer to reconnect freshly. It may resolve the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Selume View Post
    ... force your computer to reconnect freshly. It may resolve the issue
    Okay, I'll try anything. How do you do this? Do you mean reboot the router? Do you mean disconnect from internet and reconnect? Or what?

I re-tried to download the game and was successful in downloading LOTROlive.exe. It runs but does not actually do anything. It is NOT the game download, as it is only 40-something MB.

Just woke to find lots of people having issues, mostly with the game locking up at the log in stage.

New domain page is located in the boonies (198.252.160.63), about as close to the centre of the US as is possible (used to be East coast).

A DNS flush, or change of DNS server should have worked, and by now MOST ISP DNS servers should have updated to the new address.

Question.

Are you using the older "TurbineLauncher", or the newer "LotroLauncher" - remembering that you may have to actually go into the install folder and set the LOTRO desktop icon to the newer launcher, as the game never used to select it automatically (like every other installer issue that has never been sorted).

Just a thought that the old version might have the old dns hardwired into the coding.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackjackBadlag View Post
    Okay, I'll try anything. How do you do this? Do you mean reboot the router? Do you mean disconnect from internet and reconnect? Or what?

I re-tried to download the game and was successful in downloading LOTROlive.exe. It runs but does not actually do anything. It is NOT the game download, as it is only 40-something MB.
    Close the LOTRO client

From the CMD line, type

ipconfig /flushdns

Run LOTRO again

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Just woke to find lots of people having issues, mostly with the game locking up at the log in stage.

New domain page is located in the boonies (198.252.160.63), about as close to the centre of the US as is possible (used to be East coast).

A DNS flush, or change of DNS server should have worked, and by now MOST ISP DNS servers should have updated to the new address.

Question.

Are you using the older "TurbineLauncher", or the newer "LotroLauncher" - remembering that you may have to actually go into the install folder and set the LOTRO desktop icon to the newer launcher, as the game never used to select it automatically (like every other installer issue that has never been sorted).

Just a thought that the old version might have the old dns hardwired into the coding.
    Answered my own question by using the older launcher on my 3rd PC, and got updated and into the game without issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Answered my own question by using the older launcher on my 3rd PC, and got updated and into the game without issues.
    there was a fix put out for this at
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Friday-May-3rd

but even after uninstalling and reinstalling as per the file provided I'm still getting the same issues.

FWIW, I am back in the game.

I did EVERYTHING!

I even disassembled my PC and reassembled it after scrubbing everything.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. This was quite a problem all by itself, as I could not reach the download server.

I was reading and recording all the motherboard sensors to see if I could find a trend that lead to crashing out of the game... all week long.

In the end, I was one day away from reinstalling Windows. I had even done the back up prior to the re-installation.

Then, I watched that Youtube video wherein we were finally told the tale - SSG screwed up by not coordinating the DNS change.

At the very least, they knew about this problem and failed to communicate the nature of the problem for a WEEK. During that entire week I was "chasing my tail" , trying to resolve the problem from my end.

I am cautiously optimistic about having this resolved but I may yet have problems.

I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2