We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    My only issue was that my Nvidia drivers didn't recognize the 64 client as a game. So for the first times I tried it, couldn't use DX10 or D11. Manually ordered it to be run with the dedicated card instead of the integrated one, and I was rolling

That and having to restart the launcher everyone I want to relog
    The Champion of Eriador, Man-at-Arms Melvargil Eaglewing, Lord of the Ashen Wastes.

Geek Pub, Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzbot View Post
    Getting this error also over and over.
    OK, I set it up as Windowed and can get my mouse across monitors. So SSG needs to ensure Full Screen does the same.

I ran the dwarf intro.

I have a Windows 10 PC with an 8 core 3.60 processor, 16 g ram and a GEOForce 1080 3 gb video card. Optimal settings were set to Very High. Of course, I changed them to ULTRA. I also made sure DX 11 and Post processing effects were turned on (they crash my 32 bit client in production) . Ran without any issues and only slight stuttering. FPS ran anywhere from 130 to over 300 (which I didn't think was a thing).

Ran into more stuttering and "lower" fps (70 to 90) when I set the Bloom, texture cache and other slide bars to max.

The 64 bit client ran better than the 32 bit in all respects.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Coruven View Post
    I ran the dwarf intro.

I have a Windows 10 PC with an 8 core 3.60 processor, 16 g ram and a GEOForce 1080 3 gb video card. Optimal settings were set to Very High. Of course, I changed them to ULTRA. I also made sure DX 11 and Post processing effects were turned on (they crash my 32 bit client in production) . Ran without any issues and only slight stuttering. FPS ran anywhere from 130 to over 300 (which I didn't think was a thing).

Ran into more stuttering and "lower" fps (70 to 90) when I set the Bloom, texture cache and other slide bars to max.

The 64 bit client ran better than the 32 bit in all respects.
    I didn't even know they released GTX 1080 with only 3 GB. I thought it was either the normal with 8 GB or the Ti with 11 GB. I thought only 1060 had both 3 GB as well as 6 GB versions. Then of course 1050 with with both 2 GB and 4 GB versions. You learn something new every day.

It sounds like You had a good experience which is encouraging to read.

OK, I don't see this mentioned on the thread already -- I downloaded the Wine client for Mac and opened the client options to turn on 64-bit. All the checkboxes appear disabled EXCEPT "Retrieve updates automatically." That checkbox works.

This is exactly how it appears to me on the 32-bit client too. Now suddenly I want to do something with the client settings.

I see there's *some* mention of Mac client on this thread. Is this something there's a known way to get around?

I wasn't able to test the Mac 64-bit client because I couldn't turn it on :'(

(I'm on recent MacBook Pro running Mojave.)
    Last edited by Echoweaver; May 02 2019 at 03:19 PM.
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Victory's Secret: Ardith Exhibitionaire (Woman Captain)
    Feel the Breeze! Naked Aventuring: http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...endary-servers

Quote Originally Posted by turin_2000 View Post
    OK, I set it up as Windowed and can get my mouse across monitors. So SSG needs to ensure Full Screen does the same.
    Pretty sure the 32 bit client has never allowed moving the mouse away from the topmost window (if on Windows and Full Screen), though I could be wrong. You had to alt-tab to do it. On Fullscreen-Windowed, it has always allowed that. I pretty much don't play any game on the old Full Screen setting because of that.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

My issue with the 64-bit client is not video. It is multiple monitors. Once the client starts, nothing I do will allow me to move my mouse to the second monitor. The only was I can get there is to completely log out.
    Go into the graphics options and change from full screen to windowed.
    Felandrond - 120 LM, Freawald - 120 Hunter, Fredabrand - 67 Burglar, Felandadan - 120 Warden, Fellstaff - 66 Rune-Keeper, Freadwulf - 94 Captain

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    I have had this happen as well, but was able to nail it down after about an hour or two of troubleshooting. There was a software device in my Device Manager that kept removing/readding itself. The key indicator that hardware was being reset by Windows is that the graphics card stopped for about a second, and at the same time in-game music restarted from the beginning. As I have 2 monitors, I had the game running on one, device manager on the other, and as soon as the device manager refreshed and removed or added this software device, there was a 1 second pause in graphics, and the music restarted.

Bingo. I had found my problem. A software device in my case.
    I managed to track it down to my Bose Soundtouch software. I have a nice Bose system in the living room, and it comes with a Bose Music Server application that allows the Bose system to play MP3's from either iTunes or a NAS MP3 folder, and in order to send that stream to the Bose itself, it uses a piece of software. That software however.... is rather buggy. After an update to the software, sometimes this behavior would come back.

The only way to solve it was to go to "Devices and Printers" in Windows 10, Find the Bose Music Server "device", and delete it. Delete it from there, NOT from Device Manager. This IMMEDIATELY solved the problem.

So in my case, it wasn't LOTRO at fault, it wasn't MICROSOFT at fault, it wasn't my sound card, it wasn't my graphics card, or drivers associated with it it..... it was a friggin software device from a completely unrelated company. The strange thing was that this behavior did not show up in Civilization VI (it keeps playing music and sounds no problem, no stuttering), but that is also a game that utilizes multiple cores and can do multithreading, whereas LOTRO exists on core 1, alongside all the SYSTEM things such as.... well.... the Device Manager for one.

I don't THINK the 64-bit client will solve this by the way....but the problem you are experiencing might not be a LOTRO or MICROSOFT problem at all, but just some stupid little driver with buggy coding that is *completely* unrelated to gaming. And it can give you a headache trying to figure it out....

I owe you BIG time! I went back and checked again and found software devices for "Withings" (?? no idea why, what or how) and Sony TV. I just disabled them both. And tonight, for the first time in almost a year, the game ran normally....

THANK you! You are my new Hero!
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    www.TheElders.org.uk Gathering the grey-haired, once of Gilrain now of Laurelin
    An EU-based kinship ambling through Middle Earth smelling the roses as well as killing the wolves.

I think that's a Windows (i.e. Microsoft) "feature" that SSG can't solve. None of the games I have that run fullscreen allow me to move the mouse between screens.

It's make me sad what we can't test 64-bit client even more

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    It's make me sad what we can't test 64-bit client even more
    Hopefully alot more test windows will be made available for the 64-bit client on BR before it goes live. Hopefully longer windows as well, so that more people can participate. Not all can change their lives on such short notice simply to test a game. Most have jobs, school, family obligations etc. Not easy to from one day to the next just drop everything just to play on BR. It's hard enough as it is for many to even play any game normally, let alone participate in small windows of 1-2 days of testing which requires downloading, installing, potentially fiddling and fixing to get it to run etc.

Every time I try running the 64 bit client I get error: <corestrings.dll not found. Tried to print stringID 205> [205]

Crashes

64-bit client crashed to desktop in Glimmer Deep.
    Bug report submitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidsfire View Post
    Just in case different devs are monitoring different sections of the feedback (thanks, Lord.Funk, for the reminder), let me reference my post over in the release notes thread. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...70#post7931270

In short, no plugins available due to no LUA support means no Songbook (crippling the music community), no Travel Window (hunters, wardens, anyone with lots of travel skills...), no inventory-management plugins such as KikiInventory, no quest-helpers, no cool custom UIs, no cursor-finder, etc.

SSG, please consider prioritizing LUA support. If U24 goes live without it, the musicians will be forced to use the current 32-bit client, and the rest of us who are reliant for whatever reason on third-party plugins will have to make a choice.

Thank you!
    Not only for songbook, or convenience plugins, but for example 100% of serious raiding community will be forced to use 32-bit client for stuff like buffbars/buffmonitor Combatanalysis, alerters, chrono... There's some raids or instances in which you don't need but still not having the useful info of combatanalysis or buffbars makes it really painful to raid and figure stuff out if something's going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    Not only for songbook, or convenience plugins, but for example 100% of serious raiding community will be forced to use 32-bit client for stuff like buffbars/buffmonitor Combatanalysis, alerters, chrono... There's some raids or instances in which you don't need but still not having the useful info of combatanalysis or buffbars makes it really painful to raid and figure stuff out if something's going wrong.
    Without LUA support I can't use the new 64 Bit client because I am using tons of stuff.

Did anyone get the 64-bit wine client running on a Mac?
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Victory's Secret: Ardith Exhibitionaire (Woman Captain)
    Feel the Breeze! Naked Aventuring: http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...endary-servers

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit1968 View Post
    Every time I try running the 64 bit client I get error: <corestrings.dll not found. Tried to print stringID 205> [205]
    Have you downloaded and ran the dxwebinstaller from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35 ?? It solves some things with .dll issues (originally mentioned in Hurin's guide, and by cdq1958 on page 1 of this thread).
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
    -Faramir

Still getting Please contact your service provider

I mistakenly deleated both LOTROs on my desktop last night. Finally got open program to download then tried Beta but no connection.
    Got active game downloaded again finally but get this message, when I go to http://content.turbine.com/sites/cli...tropreview.exe … … for Beta server. Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details. (1).

Will keep trying I really want to help test the 64bit.
    I would rather be silly than grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by AZHuman View Post
    I mistakenly deleated both LOTROs on my desktop last night. Finally got open program to download then tried Beta but no connection.
    Got active game downloaded again finally but get this message, when I go to http://content.turbine.com/sites/cli...tropreview.exe … … for Beta server. Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details. (1).

Will keep trying I really want to help test the 64bit.
    Bullroarer isn't up, you can't test the 64-bit client right now. You missed the window. I'm not sure when's the next time it will be up.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrDylan View Post
    Have you downloaded and ran the dxwebinstaller from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35 ?? It solves some things with .dll issues (originally mentioned in Hurin's guide, and by cdq1958 on page 1 of this thread).
    I just downloaded and restarted computer. But still got the same error.

<corestrings.dll not found. Tried to print stringID 205> [205]
    Last edited by hobbit1968; May 03 2019 at 02:13 PM.

Lightbulb

You do of course realize that the Beta test on BR/Bullroarer is over for this time right ??? You can not use the 64-bit client as Bullroarer is not up anymore form what I understand.

Hopefully many more windows of opportunity will present themselves to test it more before it goes live.

Unless You are talking about getting this error on Your regular 32-bit game client for the live servers ??? However You earlier stated that You got the error trying to use the 64-bit client and not the regular 32-bit client used on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    You do of course realize that the Beta test on BR/Bullroarer is over for this time right ??? You can not use the 64-bit client as Bullroarer is not up anymore form what I understand.

Hopefully many more windows of opportunity will present themselves to test it more before it goes live.

Unless You are talking about getting this error on Your regular 32-bit game client for the live servers ??? However You earlier stated that You got the error trying to use the 64-bit client and not the regular 32-bit client used on live.
    I realize that. But it should still not go into thar error. It would go into the login and stop there.

As a MAC user, this test session was a real failure and is summarized at 24 hours of attempted setup with no significant progress at the end. Even worse, in the end, after trying to install the game, crashed at startup, try to reinstall, failed patching, I was not even able to launch the game installer. The installation closing as soon as beginning. As announced at the announcement of this new MAC client, this announcement rhymes with obstacle course for all MAC users. Between the problems of compatibility, the third party programs necessary to install (wine, gecko) and all the rest, the report is simple, if you are not an expert computer, no need to try to play this game on MAC.

Do you see corestrings.dll in your installation directory? Mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\The Lord of the Rings Online - Bullroarer

If it is there, maybe it's corrupted.

My client currently lets me log in and go to the world selection screen, where it says Bullroarer is closed. I haven't seen the error you see. (The dxwebinstaller worked for me to sort the 64-bit client when mine would quietly crash when I clicked "play.")
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
    -Faramir

I do think that if SSG want a better cross section of players to test the code, they need BR to be open a lot longer; especially for such a major change.

I am really interested in the new client, but no way I could I commit enough hours during the short time it was open to even look up how to download the client and create/transfer a character.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast