We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Lots of very positive feedback - but the one thing I havent heard any talk about is multi core cpu support?? Is the new client showing any signs of using more than 1.5 cores??
    Not so far.
    The Champion of Eriador, Man-at-Arms Melvargil Eaglewing, Lord of the Ashen Wastes.

Geek Pub, Evernight

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    I have had this happen as well, but was able to nail it down after about an hour or two of troubleshooting. There was a software device in my Device Manager that kept removing/readding itself. The key indicator that hardware was being reset by Windows is that the graphics card stopped for about a second, and at the same time in-game music restarted from the beginning. As I have 2 monitors, I had the game running on one, device manager on the other, and as soon as the device manager refreshed and removed or added this software device, there was a 1 second pause in graphics, and the music restarted.

Bingo. I had found my problem. A software device in my case.
    I managed to track it down to my Bose Soundtouch software. I have a nice Bose system in the living room, and it comes with a Bose Music Server application that allows the Bose system to play MP3's from either iTunes or a NAS MP3 folder, and in order to send that stream to the Bose itself, it uses a piece of software. That software however.... is rather buggy. After an update to the software, sometimes this behavior would come back.

The only way to solve it was to go to "Devices and Printers" in Windows 10, Find the Bose Music Server "device", and delete it. Delete it from there, NOT from Device Manager. This IMMEDIATELY solved the problem.

So in my case, it wasn't LOTRO at fault, it wasn't MICROSOFT at fault, it wasn't my sound card, it wasn't my graphics card, or drivers associated with it it..... it was a friggin software device from a completely unrelated company. The strange thing was that this behavior did not show up in Civilization VI (it keeps playing music and sounds no problem, no stuttering), but that is also a game that utilizes multiple cores and can do multithreading, whereas LOTRO exists on core 1, alongside all the SYSTEM things such as.... well.... the Device Manager for one.

I don't THINK the 64-bit client will solve this by the way....but the problem you are experiencing might not be a LOTRO or MICROSOFT problem at all, but just some stupid little driver with buggy coding that is *completely* unrelated to gaming. And it can give you a headache trying to figure it out....
    Thank you, thank you! Found a redundant media server in device mangler, deleted it and run on ultra DX11 for the first time in years!!

I was Bhorn, bhorn to be wild... dum-de-dum-de-dum.

PatchClientDLL::CheckDatFiles Failed [unable to decrypt and de-serialize the data downloaded from the server]

and then an update error occurred and then a 30+ second cycle before it tries again and the same thing happens.

I guess I gotta say my feedback is that the client itself needs to actually install and launch. :P

EDIT: is there a new install link or is it supposed to update to 64 from the patch download?

The lack of LUA support is what prevents Songbook from loading, right? That's integral to my kinship's weekly music night, and could be problematic. Of course, if swapping back to the 32-bit client remains an option (without any troublesome redownloads, etc), I guess that'd be a viable workaround in the short term. I haven't had a chance to do any serious testing yet, but I was able to stable from Bree to Dol Amroth, to Minas Tirith without crashing once, which is already a marked improvement over the old client. Further feedback in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Lots of very positive feedback - but the one thing I havent heard any talk about is multi core cpu support?? Is the new client showing any signs of using more than 1.5 cores??
    I've only been checking with Task Manager with my measly 4 cores. However for some time on live all four have been getting used. I don't normally have Task Manager up when playing so, on the face of it, it looked like the core and GPU usage was increased but then I took a look on live and it was a similar story. I can't help thinking that as work progressed on the 64-bit client many changes came into the 32-bit client over the months.

I can't tell if the perceived improvements are down to only having 50+ non anon people on BR at the time compared to the 500+ on Evernight that evening. I did an ini file comparison to make sure the settings on live and the 64 bit client matched.

Did a MT daily run, had the same issues as live but not quite so pronounced but until there's a stress test I cannot be confident.

I am a little concerned that some might miss the step in the launcher to select the 64-bit option and be reporting back on 32-bit. Be nice to have an indicator on screen to show which is being run while on BR.

I'd also welcome some dev input on any specifics we should have a look at, you know like you'd give to a QA team. Are we supposed to test everything since the code's origins?
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light

So far I'm very happy with the 64 bit client. Just minutes ago I noticed a possible graphics glitch though. I logged into my champion and in the character window, I hid her helmet on one of the cosmetic outfit settings. Then the character model in the character window was replaced with a black silhouette. This silhouette was then there on all of the cosmetic tabs but not on the equipment tab. Closing and re-opening the character window didn't correct the issue.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Some Observations

Some observations of the 64 bit client:

Used ultrahigh graphic settings and had only a few (less than 10) noticeable stutters in about 30 – 45 minutes of play.

Most of the stutters were in combat.
    Lvl65 Beorning in bear form using thrash. Monster is almost dead. The right paw is high in the air for that arm to come down and defeat the NPC. Instead the frame freezes for maybe 1 second. The scene then continues with the defeated monster.

The problem is that the game needed to update progress on an LI or a deed and put this information in the Alert panel. I suspect that this graphic data was not available in RAM and needs to be accessed from the game files on disc.

Since the Bullroarer population is low and there are no festival fireworks, no meaningful observations of Bree can made. (The 32 bit client on the Lvl120 servers has many stutters trying to walk around Bree as the game needs to display other players and the fire works.)

Ultra high settings varied from 150 – 200 fps.
    (Skirmishes gave 300 to 410 fps!)

Used 1.5 cores.
    Ii appears to use some VRam, but I am unable to verify this.

This is on a 5 year old PC (i5-4670 / 3.4 GHz / 16 GB Ram / GTX 760 / 4 GB Vram / HDD / Win 7 + Service Pack & up to date patches / Norton / Simple wired mouse & keyboard & headphones)

For me this was an improvement over the existing 32 bit client.

Congratulations to the SSG Engineering Team for a marvelous 64 bit client.

Given the usual bugs (it is software, “if anything can go wrong, it will”) and this is a Beta client, the team deserves a bonus. And please thank the “pointy hair boss(es)" for the time to do this.

Aurora7

I log in yesterday for couple of hours and only positive things i have to say.Playing at ultra high all the time and no lag at all.At last the game with this client now seems newer than 12 years old.It was a refresh that was definitely needed.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Narzul Lore Master-Ruarin Guardian-Gorgeous Minstrel
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

Quote Originally Posted by xstaff View Post
    Can someone from SSG explain me why the bullroarer client 64 MAC is working for installation before 10.11 and why the normal new all common servers client doesn't work and have a corrupted image message at the launching?

Well, false joy.
    I was optimist that the bullroarer MAC 64 client started the installation on my OSX 10.10.5, I spend 12 hours to download all the program and iterations and when I clicked "play the game" at launcher server selection, the client is closed the window and nothing happens.

This suggests a real obstacle course for MAC users to continue playing lotro.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    So far I'm very happy with the 64 bit client. Just minutes ago I noticed a possible graphics glitch though. I logged into my champion and in the character window, I hid her helmet on one of the cosmetic outfit settings. Then the character model in the character window was replaced with a black silhouette. This silhouette was then there on all of the cosmetic tabs but not on the equipment tab. Closing and re-opening the character window didn't correct the issue.
    After I had messed around some more with my cosmetic outfits, the game client just shut down, game disappeared, crash to desktop.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

bullroar

I get internal error, please contact support ever time I try I click on play button on the bullroarer 64-bit

More then 100% of performance+

Hello. I have got all settings maxed at this 64 bit - Client and instead of 60 fps i get 100 to 135 fps at more settings maxed and also the best version of AA etc.

The loading screens are not a lot faster. (non SSD But my system is at an SSD)
    The crashes to desktop at teleporting to other regions etc. And also this crashes to desktop because of this new Windows 10 pro 1903- features and Lotro are gone.

Some settings at the ingame graphic settings are missing.
    The launcher still is not 64 bit and also not automated detecting this.
    Nvidia maybe will be having got an outdated list of graphics -features, which are supported by Lotro now.

DX 12 is not neccessary but would be pushing more of the performance and opening the door to all graphics features.(But then the < then 10er -support haves to go).

I will start an test with all stuff forced to max

Results at the Ered Mitrin(Nvidia settings maxed out) :Stable 61.x fps

Processor load(4 processors 8 logical cores) AMD FX 8300 7%
    GPU: 9% NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI
    Port to Bree from there: same result and no crash.

An small but maybe important thing:
    The Lotrobrowserhelper - process still is 32 Bit.

Loading - screen - performance: like > 50% faster since it haves got to load a lot more now.

GPU - drivers: latest ones(non beta but with beta - features).
    Last edited by Androhir; May 02 2019 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    If anyone is having the 64 bit client quietly close, that sounds like a dll (dynamically loaded library) file that should be there, yet isn't. Try Hurin's suggestion for Windows 10 installations. Grab the dxwebinstaller file from Microsoft and see if that works.
    This worked for me. Thanks!
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
    -Faramir

After

1. Corrupted image bug
    2. Crash after logging launcher menu

Very encouraging...

My issue with the 64-bit client is not video. It is multiple monitors. Once the client starts, nothing I do will allow me to move my mouse to the second monitor. The only was I can get there is to completely log out.

I had very limited time to try the 64-bit client, so decided to focus on my 2 personal hot issues:
    1. Visiting Minas Tirith (even the short trips needed for Mordor quests) almost always leads to a CTD before I logoff, not necessarily while still in the city.
    2. I often get a CTD if I've visited lots of regions during a gaming session.

So the test I ran last night combined both of those in one session. I ported into MT, mounted my warsteed, rode to the north end of the first circle, rode to the south end of the first circle, and then rode through all the other circles to the tip of the prow. After admiring the view for a bit, I then used all my gathered travel skills to visit most of the regions in the game. I ended the session by swifting to Hrimbarg, and then riding to the Misty Mountain entrance to the Vales of Anduin. Then entered the Vales, killed a few orcs, and found a nice rock to stand on and enjoy the view from the mountainside.

All of this was done with high res textures and all graphics setting maxed using a GeForce GTX 1080Ti. Overall I spent 60-90 minutes in the 64-bit client, and am happy to report it did not crash on me.

If you leave Bullroarer up for a Friday night, I will happily give it a good 5-6 hour testing session where I repeat the above travels and go questing on a low or mid-level character.

Quote Originally Posted by turin_2000 View Post
    My issue with the 64-bit client is not video. It is multiple monitors. Once the client starts, nothing I do will allow me to move my mouse to the second monitor. The only was I can get there is to completely log out.
    I'm running 2 monitors and setting the game to Full Screen(Windowed) on 64-bit works just like the 32-bit client and lets me move the mouse between windows as normal. I believe 64-bit defaults to Full Screen when you first start it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arially View Post
    PatchClientDLL::CheckDatFiles Failed [unable to decrypt and de-serialize the data downloaded from the server]

and then an update error occurred and then a 30+ second cycle before it tries again and the same thing happens.

I guess I gotta say my feedback is that the client itself needs to actually install and launch. :P

EDIT: is there a new install link or is it supposed to update to 64 from the patch download?
    Getting this error also over and over.

I'm really stoked about the 64-bit client. This is a significant engineering achievement, which I frankly didn't think you guys had in you any more. Anyone who says the company is milking this game "in maintenance mode" or lacks the wherewithal to solve difficult technical problems has been soundly proved wrong.

I noticed that the new "texture cache enabled" option is absent in both the 64-bit and 32-bit clients. I would assume this is because it's not needed in the 64-bit version, and it's hard-coded in the 32-bit version (i.e. the texture cache is always disabled in the 32-bit version). This is logical -- it makes the choice between 32-bit and 64-bit about performance, not whether or not you can tolerate crashing.

But if that's the case, the vestigial "texture cache size" slider should be removed from the 32-bit client.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

DOA

No problem with the 32bit client, but 64bit never gets started. I complete my login, select Bullroarer, a short blue donut and then nothing.

Sound Device

I use the OpenAL drivers from https://kcat.strangesoft.net/openal.html (right now page has an expired certificate, so browsers block it). Using the 32bit-client i can choose this Openal device, but not using the 64bit client. I have properly placed the dlls in the Windows directories. I use a X-Fi Titanium and the native mode surpresses some sounds. The OpenAL device of these drivers play all sounds correctly so it would be nice, if you offer this device in the soundmenue as well.

Regard,
    Scipio

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    I'm really stoked about the 64-bit client. This is a significant engineering achievement, which I frankly didn't think you guys had in you any more. Anyone who says the company is milking this game "in maintenance mode" or lacks the wherewithal to solve difficult technical problems has been soundly proved wrong.

except not. Example: the hot mess that is the "new" mac client. Go see if that one is a significant engineering achievement. Plus, even with 64 bit there's some stuttering and crashes. In this same thread and the other one there's people having issues. It is an improvement compared to 32 bit, absolutely, but one achievement does not erase the many many other issues the game still has. Plus again, the sole fact that it won't support LUA with update 24 is a huge turnoff. Many players use plugins daily, and to make them work, we'd have to revert to 32 bit until the devs can make LUA work again. I guess my tl;dr is... it's too soon to shower the team with praise
    My Lotro blog :)

Quote Originally Posted by job2 View Post
    No problem with the 32bit client, but 64bit never gets started. I complete my login, select Bullroarer, a short blue donut and then nothing.

Not sure if the BR install files are kept on the same domain as the normal files, but if they are - the reason you cannot get them is because SSG let the domain expire this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post
    except not. Example: the hot mess that is the "new" mac client. Go see if that one is a significant engineering achievement. Plus, even with 64 bit there's some stuttering and crashes. In this same thread and the other one there's people having issues. It is an improvement compared to 32 bit, absolutely, but one achievement does not erase the many many other issues the game still has. Plus again, the sole fact that it won't support LUA with update 24 is a huge turnoff. Many players use plugins daily, and to make them work, we'd have to revert to 32 bit until the devs can make LUA work again. I guess my tl;dr is... it's too soon to shower the team with praise
    I guess by the same token, Newton's laws are a "hot mess" because they don't account for relativistic effects discovered 200 years later. By your standards, no accomplishment should be celebrated before everything is accomplished. Either you're not an engineer, or you're not a very good one.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Quote Originally Posted by job2 View Post
    I also had this with one of my test machines where I did a fresh install of the Beta (it already had the regular client). I ended up getting it running by going to options -> repair -> "Install Direct X" on the bullroarer client. After that the 64-bit client started right up.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast