We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Coruven View Post
    I made a video of running around with the 64 bit client, so you can see the lag issues I am having.
    https://youtu.be/SlP8PSAsU0c

Information on my PC is in the notes of the video. I'll copy them here:
    This is me, riding around in various areas of Middle Earth using the 64 bit client on Bullroarer.
    My system is an 8 core 3.6 Mhz machine with 16 GB RAM and a 6 gig NVidia 1060 display adapter.
    I am running with the game's optimized settings, per the game client.

The game looks great, but the hitching and lag is terrible. I did not have any significant lag on the first preview build.
    Thank You for the link. Watching it via TV now.

I also had time to test the 64-bit client this round and run into several issues with sound, some mods etc. Not had time to write a detailed bug report yet, but will do. I also had alot of freezing and lag in certain places. Sometiems even worse than with 32-bit. Total freezes fro like 5-10 seconds with 64-bit in same locations I would just lag and warp a bit with 32-bit.

Edit: Just finished watching Your video. Very nice video and I can see that You tested in MT, same as me and had similar experiences. I also tested in The Wastes as there have always been a few places riding across the open area where it lags alot and then You kind fo warp forward when on a war-steed. Most likely related to assets loading in various areas as You come to certain spots. In wastes is was pretty much same running 64-bit as on live with 32-bit. However I was alone. In a Raid all mounted chasing Roving Threats it might have been worse. No way to test that on BR as it was pretty empty. In MT I had a worse experince with 64-bit than I have on live with 32-bit, which I found really weird. Anyway I will make a more detailed bug report on it and even wrote down coordinates where it happens etc, so devs might be able to test it. As a side note I liked Your outfit on Your Warden.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; May 17 2019 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruflus View Post
    A minor point: launcher options do not show as being selected under Windows classic theme (they do under Aero)
    Quote Originally Posted by Formengil View Post
    Interesting, so this is not just a problem with Wine.
    Oh, this is very interesting.

Is there a way to change themes on Wine? I did some web searching, and the answer seems to be yes, but I haven't found a guide.
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Victory's Secret: Ardith Exhibitionaire (Woman Captain)
    Feel the Breeze! Naked Aventuring: http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...endary-servers

Re my game freezes with sound resetting.
    Problem was my headset with 3.5mm plug.
    :P

Lightbulb

Ok I'm finally done collecting/gathering my notes and screenshots to look through to make a list of issues I encountered during Beta. Hopefully I'm not forgetting something.

Tested on Windows 7 64-bit O/S.

Graphical settings at the lowest. Yes lowest graphics to maximize performance. If that would have run smooth I would have tested on higher settings step by step increasing it, but it didn't run smoothly unfortionetly.

______________________________ ______________________________ ________________________

Sound Issues

It seems the new 64-bit client have less support for various sound cards and drivers than most modern games. Even less than LoTRO's old 32-bit client.

At first I could not get sound to work at all. The choice in options of sound device was simply blank. Same with microphone.

I though it was me not havingt the latest drivers. I checked for updates but my chipset support said I had the latest drivers. Obviously they have not relased any newer, so instead I refered to "VIA Technologies, Inc." own web-site. There they said refer to Your chipset manufacturer (which I had already tried) as simply getting the default drivers could cause ssues if not supprting the specific chipset.

http://download.viatech.com/en/suppo...versSelect.jsp

Chosing
    O/S: Microsoft Windows
    O/S: Windows 7
    Type Driver: Audio
    VIA Product: VIA Vinyl HD Audio Driver

OS supported
    Windows 8.1 32-Bit, Windows 8.1 64-Bit, Windows 8 32-Bit, Windows 8 64-Bit, Windows 7 32-Bit, Windows 7 64-Bit, Windows Vista 32-Bit, Windows Vista 64-Bit, Windows XP, Windows XP 64-Bit

Chips supported
    VIA Vinyl VT1702S, VT1705, VT1708B, VT1708S, VT1716S, VT1718S, VT1802P, VT1808S, VT1812S, VT1818, VT1819S, VT1828S, and VT2021 HD Audio Codecs

Notes
    This is a LOGO driver.
    This download provides a general sound effects driver with common functions. System manufacturers and motherboard vendors customize audio hardware and software, so to ensure optimal sound quality and compatibility, we strongly recommend you obtain the system-validated and certified audio drivers directly from your system manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer, not from VIA.
    I still decided to try and that I would then just revert to previous drivers if I ran into any issues. Note that my son and I have had NO issues with sound in any other game, games like GTA5, GW2, Civilization 5 and 6, Overwatch, CS GO etc, nor in LoTRO 32-bit client. I have even used OBS to record stuff and had no issues with microhone or any sound at all.

Installing the drivers using the included .exe file caused issues and did not help in LoTRO 64-bit client. So I reverted back to my previous drivers. I then went via the device manager and my sound device and installed from there by browsing to the directory with the unpacked updated driver files I had downloaded from "VIA Technologies, Inc." own web-site. That way it would not overwrite old drivers but simply add if there had been any new drivers added. I got 2 new drivers installed that seems to have 64-bit support of some sort.

"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WMAPO32.d ll"
    "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WMTHX32.d ll"

While the rest of the drivers seems be kept as before.

I have no idea what they do, but possibly add some support in 64-bit for 32-bit sound card or chipset, or so I thought. Not sure at all, as it's all a bit too technical for my knowledge.

I rebooted PC after install and got sound to work in the 64-bit client. Still no microphone. I then tried updating again and rebooted PC. That time the mic and headset was already plugged in when rebooting PC and starting up the 64-bit client and I got all sounds to work, even mic. I thought "YAY I solved it". I played the 64-bit client and rode around etc to test lag and such.

I then played regular LoTRO on live for a bit. Decided to start the BR 64-bit client again a bit later to test some more. Then once again no sound was working. I was like "w00t ???".

I reverted back to old drivers and did the update process again the same way I did before. This time not restarting PC and I got no sound. I tried again and rebooted PC and started up 64-bit and now sound was back.

So I thought to myself that obviously it was not the drivers at all, but something else. I figured out that each time I played the regular client on live, it would reset the BR Client also to start in 32-bit. Each time having to manually switch back to 64-bit client. Did some more testing and realized that what is causing the issue is that each time You run LoTRO in 32-bit (doesn't matter if live servers or the br client in 32-bit) and then try to log-in using the 64-bit client sound would not work. Only solution is to reboot PC completely and then make sure You start 64-bit client directly (not starting any 32-bit client on live or on br prior to the 64-bit client) and sound will work. Also Microphone must be plugged in before starting the game in 64-bit. If You plug it in after LoTRO is already running it will not work. I never had that issue before.

That was a long process of multiple hours of trial and errors, installing drivers, reverting the drivers again, testing different ways, rebooting etc, to finally reach that conclusion, originally not knowing what caused it.

32-bit client sound would always work no matter if You had played 64-bit prior to it without rebooting the PC. So 32-bit client seems fine as far as sound goes.

However sound support seems very lacking and buggy in the 64-bit client, as sound will not work in the 64-bit client after having played the 32-bit client and I have to reboot the PC each time for it to work again. Not sure why it does that ??? Others seem to have also reported their sound getting reset each time and having to reboot their machines as well to get it to work again.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ ________________________

Mods/Plugin Issues

TitanBar Plugin

I was pleased to see that Large Dressingroom seemed to work. It is loaded under skins and not with Plugin Manager. I was thinking "yes now plugins works as well".

However shortly after I noticed looking at my chat messages that the more important plugin called TitanBar did not load and did not work.

I had TitanBar v1.30.11 installed along with the ListBox patch https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...tBoxpatch.html that fixed issues with lists being shown incorrectly horizontally instead of vertically, so You couldn't read the whole list of items. That happened when You at SSG changed something in the game in U21.2.

TitanBar v1.30.11 has been working for me on live servers for a long time. After that thing in U21.2 simply adding the ListBox Patch fixed it and it keeps working just fine.

On BR U24 64-bit client it does not work anymore.

The Error Message I got was:

"...nline/plugins/HabnaPlugins/TitanBar/functionsCtr.lua:504: attempt to call method 'GetItem' (a nil value)"

I tried all kinds of things like removing all the specific character data in the Plugin Data Directory, as there the characters list of items gets stored and accessed by TitanBar.

That did not help.

I then tried the opposite and copied the data from live servers for the character I had copied over to BR. All that characters data from live server and put that in the same characters directory for BR.

That did not work either. Still getting the same Error message each time I started up.

I decided to look for a newer version to TitanBar and found one v1.32.01.

https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...-TitanBar.html

I installed it and tested it on live U23.6 and it worked just fine. It didn't even require the ListBox Patch to show menue list properly anymore, but I still kept that patch as it also fixes other plugins.

I then booted up BR 64-bit client but still got the same Error Message.

"...nline/plugins/HabnaPlugins/TitanBar/functionsCtr.lua:504: attempt to call method 'GetItem' (a nil value)"

I removed the ListBox patch in case that had some conflicts with the newer TitanBar. Tried again and still got the same Error Message.

After all that I decided to just try it on BR U24 again, BUT in this time in the 32-bit client just to see that TitanBar did NOT work in the 32-bit client either. So this might not be a 64-bit client issue per se, but something with U24 that has changed, so that it does not work anymore. As I am not an engineer or mod creator (even if I have played with making civ 5 mods but they had a mod creator tool which made it alot easier) I can not say what has changed and why it's not working anymore. Hopefully this info can help You figure that out. It's why I have done it as detailed as possible, step by step.

Performance Issues

I have held my expectations down as far as thinking the 64-bit client would be some magical solution to all the problems in the world. World hunger, poverty, pollution, the ozone layer, ingrown toe nails etc, he he he !!!

Jokes aside, I did not expect any miracles. I'm sad to say that I have seen no improvements whatsoever. The client seems mostly barebone and simply ensuring that LoTRO will work under 64-bit O/S if the day ever comes that 32-bit support is dropped in Windows, which seems unlikely, at least in the foreseeable future. One day sure it will happen. It was not like something that will improve performance radically.

I did test riding a War-Steed extensively in areas where there usually are issues. Specific places where I always get the same type of behaviour, feezing or rubberbanding and warping forward after. I'm sad to say that the performance was at best exactly the same. In some cases even worse with long freezes of up to 10-20 seconds before warping forward. Most likely at areas where alot of assets (enviroment, landscape etc must load). Like exiting Minas Tirith. Still that bad on BR being totally empty in most places I tested. I dare not think how it will be entering Bree on live servers with people hanging around and all skins with dyes on outfits having to load. It might be even worse with the 64-bit client than currently on live. I guess we will see.

I did note down the locations where these either rubberbandings or freezes take place and then the warp forward occurs. It happens on live as well, but the freeze I got in some locations BR was alot worse than I get on live.

First in The Waste. Back when Rovin Threats was the hype, I always noticed that riding a War-Steed following the usual route to get to all Roving Threats had especially three locations where it seemed it would freeze or rubberband and then warp forward (possibly as it loaded all assets, not 100% sure as to why though, so might be something else).

First location: r4 lx1396 ly925 ox94.91 oy108.04 oz189.38 h49.2

If You come riding from the S/W Towards N/E and as You pass outside the Orc Camp/Shrine (the orc camp being on your left) at the hill/slope of "Ondoher's Folly" just before You enter the more open barren waste after that. It rubberbands there or freezes a bit and then You warp forward. Hard to keep control of the War-Steed there and often I end up riding into some rock.

Second location: r4 lx1440 ly925 ox8.06 oy102.94 oz182.55 h129.4

As You come riding from N/W towards S/E from the shores after having killed the next last Roving Threat by the sea and if the last RT is in the Dol Acharn/Lang Rhuven area. Same behaviour there. Freeze or Rubberband and then warp forward.

Third Location: r4 lx1460 ly911 ox80.39 oy157.96 oz172.29 h83.0

As You ride from The West towards The East to take that little path into the next area. The path where You don't get that damage over time if You haven't done the quests needed. This is the path most took during RT days as all could ride there without dying. You get a smaller freeze there, but still a freeze and then warping forward.

Now Moving on to Minas Tirith. The infamous lag and crash area in LoTRO.

First Location: r3 lx1307 ly586 ox66.76 oy48.84 oz187.90 h153.3

I tested this on BR by mapping to MT and then exit and ride out of the City and riding down the right road as it forks into left an right, just shortly after You exit MT. Riding from N/W towards S/E. This is where I experienced even worse performance on BR with the 64-bit client than on Live with 32-bit client. I froze for what seemed to be an eternity. 10-20 seconds (maybe even longer). I first thought I had lost connection and been kicked out of the game. Finally it came back and I would warp forward alot and totally lost control where I was going. Sure on live I get a freeze there too, but never this long or badly.

Second Location: r3 lx1320 ly567 ox1.30 oy155.02 oz164.92 h160.3

I simply kept following the road as best I could and just before hittng the next fork in the road it happened again. Just before I was going to chose the right road S/W torwards the South Gate I froze again and warped forward really badly. Totally losing control of my War-Steed.

Third Location: r3 lx1281 ly528 ox23.80 oy15.49 oz152.83 h272.8

Same thing again. Riding along the road East To West, almost at the South Gate.

Then I rode the same way back and when just outside MT I got that huge freeze again and as it unfroze my War-Steed was banging heads with MT city Walls. No way to control where I was going when this happened.

My Personal Overall Experience And Conclusion

As far the new region and it's performance it looks awesome. Scenario and the world building team has done an outstanding job. However that is about world and art-design not performance. The new type of fog/mist looked awesome but is unfortionetly also very taxing. It creates stuttering and I'm not sure if there is anyway to turn it off like You can do with rain and such ??? People with beefy systems and graphic cards might not notice it as much, but it is kind of like the snow blizzard in the Withered Heath resource instance that is now always on (for some reason) and creates extra graphical lag/stuttering. While I would not want to sacrifice the look/design, as it looks so aweome it would still perhaps be nice if it could be turned off for those with lesser systems. Maybe there is an option that turns it off but when simply chosing the lowest graphical option setting it is still active. Maybe some slider or tick box can alter that ??? Not sure ???

Overall the 64-bit client performance on BR was pretty much the same as 32-bit client on live for me. No performance improvement, still definetly playable, but that was in more or less an empty world. Only saw like 1-3 other players all day/night. Not sure how it will be when alot of people around ??? Only in those few locations I mentioned above did I see a radical decrease in performance. Worse than the live 32-bit client which was a bit surprising. As I said I did not expect any miracles, but pretty much the same as on live, but definetly I did not expect worse performance in, around and outside MT.

On a positive note I was mentally prepared for more incompatibility type of issues, but apart for the sound issues (which was pretty bad) and TitanBar Plugin not working (which is not good, as it is such a useful tool to keep track of all characters and which one holds what in their bags and storage, I use it all the time), I personally encountered no other major issues. Maybe more issues will arise as we test more, or when it goes live, but overall it seems to at least for the most part work and is playable.

Oh and I should mention that did not crash once. However I don't crash on this Windows 7 64-bit PC on live servers either. To crash I would have to run on highest settings for like a whole day or something. On lowest setting I can run for an entire day and evening and never crash. The PC does get pretty slow in the end if run long sessions, but I do not crash.

As a side note, I used to crash alot on an old 32-bit Vista machine, but that machine has been put out of it's misery now, as it finally just gave up, or acctually an automated Microsoft check sum performance during boot up, that I could not stop, simply totally corrupted the O/S by rewriting alot of the system until it was blue screen of death. Still it was a fun machine to have around to test things on. I do still have an XP machine as well, but it is not hooked up. Not sure if it still works ??? Been a while since I booted it up and tested. Maybe it's time to do so, just for fun. I still have my Apple Greengate IIE, as well as Amiga Commodore 600 from the late 80's/early 90's and a Philips VideoPac G7000 console from the 70's. All of them still working with alot of games and all.

Anyways, back on topic, hopefully the sound issues and the TitanBar Plugin issues can be resolved before U24 and the 64-bit client goes live.

I also noticed that the loot table seemed a bit off and that LvL 120 Goblins in the new area dropped LvL 115 Doomfold Potions that is from Mordor and not 120 potions from Ered Mithrin loot tables, like mobs of the same level drops there. I also have my fears about the new Virtue system, it's possible insane grind etc, but all that I guess are topics for the other Forum section, so I won't delve too deep into that here in the 64-bit client thread.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; May 23 2019 at 03:55 AM.

"No plugin support yet" was one of the very first items in the notes for the 64 bit trial on BR, so you wasted a lot of time and effort trying to make something work that you SHOULD have known wasnt going to work.

The sound issue is interesting; there have been issues with LOTRo suddenly deciding you had no sound card or speakers for a long time; so this might be about the 32but client taking exclusive control (as far as the 64 bit client is concerned); I have had this in the past with LOTRO and a old version of VLC, where using VLC then launching LOTRO would result in no sound card found.
    I discovered doing a refresh of the HardWare manager was enough to get LOTRO working again, no reboot needed. (like you - Win7)

One question; they ran TWO BR sessions, most of the feedback from the 1st said greatly reduced rubber banding etc, whereas the 2nd they said the performance was worse than 32bit.

Is the above across both sessions, or did you only do the 2nd??

EDIT.

The loot drop issue is also in the notes.
    Last edited by Yarbro; May 23 2019 at 05:25 AM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    "No plugin support yet" was one of the very first items in the notes for the 64 bit trial on BR, so you wasted a lot of time and effort trying to make something work that you SHOULD have known wasnt going to work.
    You would be correct if only refering to Beta round 1. Yes the patch notes still says so (not updated to reflect the recent changes). However things have changed for Beta 2. More support for LUA Plugins was added. It seems the feedback or complaints from alot of people after Beta 1 about that made the team work diligently to get LUA Plugin support integrated with U24 and the 64-bit client.

It was even mentioned in last Fridays Cord Of The Rings Stream. If go to 8:17 into the video You will hear that.

YouTube Link starting at 8.17 into the video: https://youtu.be/vPm5CuzXIkc?t=500

Unfortionetly embedding a YouTube video does not support making to set the video to start at a certain timestamp, so You need to manually skip to 8:17 if You click on the below embedded YouTube link.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    As of last weeks Bullroarer, we had a version of the 64-bit Bullroarer client that supported the vast majority of the LUA Plugins that people have reported...etc...
    Then he even finished it off with:

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    ...but both the 64-bit client including the LUA Plugin Script is intended to go live with Update 24...
    So things and goals have changed and they are indeed working on it and had been for Beta 2. That is why I found it important to report a Plugin that did not work in my previous post, so that they can look into it and maybe narrow down as to why and fix that as well. Some Plugins people have reported did work, but obviously not all yet. I also found it intressting that the Plugin, TitanBar, that works on live 32-bit client, still did not even work on the BR U24 32-bit client. So not only not supported on the 64-bit client but not working in both Client versions on BR. Not sure what has been changed in U24 that is causing that, as I am not a scripter or engineer. Still worth reporting and what I tested to try and fix it and narrow it down, but that unfortionetly still did not solve the issue.

The sound issue is interesting; there have been issues with LOTRo suddenly deciding you had no sound card or speakers for a long time; so this might be about the 32but client taking exclusive control (as far as the 64 bit client is concerned); I have had this in the past with LOTRO and a old version of VLC, where using VLC then launching LOTRO would result in no sound card found.
    I discovered doing a refresh of the HardWare manager was enough to get LOTRO working again, no reboot needed. (like you - Win7)
    Indeed interesting and perplexing. To my knowledge I have never had to reboot the PC to start another game after playing LoTRO and still have been getting sound to work. I have acctaully never noticed any issues with sound in LoTRO at all before. Not to mention that I can use Discord (even the in-game voice function) and even record on OBS while playing LoTRO on live 32-bit client and sound have been working all the time. Both speakers and microphone at the same time. I have also always been able to plugin headset and mic while playing even if I didn't have them plugged in when booting up the game. With the new 64-bit client I can not. With the new 64-bit client I must plug in the headset and mic before booting up the game or the mic will not work, even if I never started the 32-bit client prior to the 64-bit client after a PC restart. I do think there is some conflict with having the 32-bit client and 64-bit client for sure. Maybe the they are conflicting being in the same launcher or something and some coding/tweaking is needed to fix that ??? Aagain I am not an enginner and only report what I discover. As for the fix, that is up to the engineers.

One question; they ran TWO BR sessions, most of the feedback from the 1st said greatly reduced rubber banding etc, whereas the 2nd they said the performance was worse than 32bit.

Is the above across both sessions, or did you only do the 2nd??
    I never had time to test during the 1st Beta unfortionetly, only the 2nd. The announcement for the 1st session was when it was about to go up on BR with a way too short window and I wanted to back-up data and stuff before testing and never had any time after that to test. For the 2nd session I was backed-up, prepared, waiting and ready to go.

EDIT.

The loot drop issue is also in the notes.
    Hmmm, I went back to check the U24 Beta 2 notes and still could not find that: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Release-Notes

I then found the U24 Beta 1 notes and still can not find that note anywhere: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Release-Notes

I'm not saying You are wong. I know You are usually very thorough, so it's probably me not seeing it as I look (it happens), but could You please point me to that particular note or where it's mentioned ??? Maybe it's in some additional notes that I have not seen and I would appreciate getting a link and quote, so that I don't miss it ??? Thank You !!!
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; May 23 2019 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    You would be correct if only refering to Beta round 1. Yes the patch notes still says so (not updated to reflect the recent changes). However things have changed for Beta 2. More support for LUA Plugins was added. It seems the feedback or complaints from alot of people after Beta 1 about that made the team work diligently to get LUA Plugin support integrated with U24 and the 64-bit client.

It was even mentioned in last Fridays Cord Of The Rings Stream. If go to 8:17 into the video You will hear that.

YouTube Link starting at 8.17 into the video: https://youtu.be/vPm5CuzXIkc?t=500

Unfortionetly embedding a YouTube video does not support making to set the video to start at a certain timestamp, so You need to manually skip to 8:17 if You click on the below embedded YouTube link.

Then he even finished it off with:

So things and goals have changed and they are indeed working on it and had been for Beta 2. That is why I found it important to report a Plugin that did not work in my previous post, so that they can look into it and maybe narrow down as to why and fix that as well. Some Plugins people have reported did work, but obviously not all yet. I also found it intressting that the Plugin, TitanBar, that works on live 32-bit client, still did not even work on the BR U24 32-bit client. So not only not supported on the 64-bit client but not working in both Client versions on BR. Not sure what has been changed in U24 that is causing that, as I am not a scripter or engineer. Still worth reporting and what I tested to try and fix it and narrow it down, but that unfortionetly still did not solve the issue.

Indeed interesting and perplexing. To my knowledge I have never had to reboot the PC to start another game after playing LoTRO and still have been getting sound to work. I have acctaully never noticed any issues with sound in LoTRO at all before. Not to mention that I can use Discord (even the in-game voice function) and even record on OBS while playing LoTRO on live 32-bit client and sound have been working all the time. Both speakers and microphone at the same time. I have also always been able to plugin headset and mic while playing even if I didn't have them plugged in when booting up the game. With the new 64-bit client I can not. With the new 64-bit client I must plug in the headset and mic before booting up the game or the mic will not work, even if I never started the 32-bit client prior to the 64-bit client after a PC restart. I do think there is some conflict with having the 32-bit client and 64-bit client for sure. Maybe the they are conflicting being in the same launcher or something and some coding/tweaking is needed to fix that ??? Aagain I am not an enginner and only report what I discover. As for the fix, that is up to the engineers.

I never had time to test during the 1st Beta unfortionetly, only the 2nd. The announcement for the 1st session was when it was about to go up on BR with a way too short window and I wanted to back-up data and stuff before testing and never had any time after that to test. For the 2nd session I was backed-up, prepared, waiting and ready to go.

Hmmm, I went back to check the U24 Beta 2 notes and still could not find that: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Release-Notes

I then found the U24 Beta 1 notes and still can not find that note anywhere: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Release-Notes

I'm not saying You are wong. I know You are usually very thorough, so it's probably me not seeing it as I look (it happens), but could You please point me to that particular note or where it's mentioned ??? Maybe it's in some additional notes that I have not seen and I would appreciate getting a link and quote, so that I don't miss it ??? Thank You !!!
    Ok I missed the Lua bit for the 2nd test, the Loot drop is mentioned by Lord Funk in another BR feedback thread - complete with a link I believe.

I have had a few sound issues with LOTRo, including one where I installed the game on a freshly built PC that I didnt have a spare pair of speakers for; when the speakers arrived a few days later there was no sound, even though LOTRO was correctly detecting the sound card. I disabled and re-enabled the sound card, LOTRO worked properly.

I have also had it happen with headphones, then switching back to the speakers, that was when I found "Detect New Hardware" on the Hardware manager fixed the issue without rebooting. rather than do this every time I had used headphones (late at night), I wired the PC sound output through a QED passive Pre-Amp/switch I had lying around.

I even had one VERY strange session after installing on a new SSD (cos the old one died), where voice-overs worked, ambient background noises worked, but no other game sounds; again I used the HW manager refresh and that fixed it, even though everything else on the PC was using the sound card and output correctly.

Yes, I bugged the TitanBar error while BR was up. Reported earlier in the thread as was another one with, I think, Sequence Bars. But LUA seemed, in the main, to be working, as all my other plugins worked fine as far as I could tell.

The latest BR build breaks plugins in both the 32-bit and 64-bit clients, as I mentioned in the other thread.

Other than the new bug(s) in common to both clients, plugin support seems to be complete in the latest BR build, so it is worthwhile for people to test it. The earlier people can find bugs, the more likely that they will be addressed before it goes live.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Lord Funky Sound - no devices listed

Closing one client and starting another too quickly may be an issue. During this last festival I switch accounts a bit, closing one down and starting another up. If I do this quickly then the last client has it's hooks into ini files and such and the new client will create a default ini and all the graphics are defaults. Wait a bit longer and the second client loads fine but occasionally won't have sound devices listed. Wait yet more time and it loads with your chosen graphics and all the sound. Very occasionally the key map gets set to a default. I have backups in case my timing is off.

You mention playing on Live and Beta one after the other so I'm wondering if it's starting up the other client before the old client has fully released it's hooks? For me this can be for a few (2 or 3) minutes after the executable has dropped from the processes list of Task Manager.

So rather than a U24 client issue it could just be a 32-bit Live existing problem that you've not faced yet, that we've been working around since those changes were made to the saving of options. You know like if you just breath on the options panel it wants to save everything.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Yes, I bugged the TitanBar error while BR was up. Reported earlier in the thread as was another one with, I think, Sequence Bars. But LUA seemed, in the main, to be working, as all my other plugins worked fine as far as I could tell.
    Awesome !!! The more that report support for a specific Plugin being bugged the bigger the chance that it might get fixed I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    The latest BR build breaks plugins in both the 32-bit and 64-bit clients, as I mentioned in the other thread.

Other than the new bug(s) in common to both clients, plugin support seems to be complete in the latest BR build, so it is worthwhile for people to test it. The earlier people can find bugs, the more likely that they will be addressed before it goes live.
    I agree. Yes, I was a bit divided on if to report it here in the 64-bit client thread or the U24 Beta 2 thread. Since it seems it's broken in U24 both in 32-bit as well as 64-bit client. I see that You also submitted a real bug report with a ticket number. Well done !!! I haven't gotten around to do that yet, but started by reporting it here in the forums early this morning and then had to leave home. Got back home late and only logged into the forums before I'm off to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    Lord Funky Sound - no devices listed

Closing one client and starting another too quickly may be an issue. During this last festival I switch accounts a bit, closing one down and starting another up. If I do this quickly then the last client has it's hooks into ini files and such and the new client will create a default ini and all the graphics are defaults. Wait a bit longer and the second client loads fine but occasionally won't have sound devices listed. Wait yet more time and it loads with your chosen graphics and all the sound. Very occasionally the key map gets set to a default. I have backups in case my timing is off.

You mention playing on Live and Beta one after the other so I'm wondering if it's starting up the other client before the old client has fully released it's hooks? For me this can be for a few (2 or 3) minutes after the executable has dropped from the processes list of Task Manager.

So rather than a U24 client issue it could just be a 32-bit Live existing problem that you've not faced yet, that we've been working around since those changes were made to the saving of options. You know like if you just breath on the options panel it wants to save everything.
    Good thought, idea and suggestion there. I can't remember exactly how long I waited inbetween. However as some attempts by me involved even reverting to old drivers and then installing the new ones again, I think it was longer than 5 minutes inbetween. Not 100% sure though.

However I will make sure to truly test that with a longer break inbetween for the next Beta. Start and play the 32-bit a while. Log out. Shut down game. Wait 5+ mins. Then reboot the game again without rebooting the PC, to see if a longer break inbetween releases the 32-bit hook-up of the drivers/files, so that the 64-bit client can use them instead. At least that is one method worth testing for sure to see the result. Hopefully it works but if nothing else, exclude that as fix if it doesn't work. Unless that Beta comes around when I'm too busy irl to participate of course. I hope not, as I really want to test it.

I can also add that I have been able to start 2 accounts on the same client, on the same PC in the 32-bit live version and get sound on both accounts. I can hear music and stuff overlapping each other when doing that, unless I mute one account.

I have done that sometimes when wanting to sorth through storages on both my main account and an alt account. Put characters beside each other by the bank and hand over stuff. Which sometimes would acctually cause a crash. I don't crash from playing a single account normally, but trading stuff between 2 accounts on the same PC sometimes crash one account, but not the other. It could even cause a crash trading between 2 accounts on 1 PC each (not running both accounts or client on the same pc, but 2 separate pc's), but still on the same network of course. It happens to my son and me alot when trying to trade to each other. Then we log back in the crashed account and usually can trade after that. Just not the first time each time we start trading. Really weird. I never tested that on BR. Forgot about that, as we nowdays usually mail each other instead to avoid crashing.

Anyways. Time for bed as it's getting late. I should log in and at least do daily instance on one character that needs more Long Beard Marks, but I think I'm too tired for that now. Talk to You guys later.

Awesome !!! The more that report support for a specific Plugin being bugged the bigger the chance that it might get fixed I guess.

I agree. Yes, I was a bit divided on if to report it here in the 64-bit client thread or the U24 Beta 2 thread. Since it seems it's broken in U24 both in 32-bit as well as 64-bit client. I see that You also submitted a real bug report with a ticket number. Well done !!! I haven't gotten around to do that yet, but started by reporting it here in the forums early this morning and then had to leave home. Got back home late and only logged into the forums before I'm off to bed.

Good thought, idea and suggestion there. I can't remember exactly how long I waited inbetween. However as some attempts by me involved even reverting to old drivers and then installing the new ones again, I think it was longer than 5 minutes inbetween. Not 100% sure though.

However I will make sure to truly test that with a longer break inbetween for the next Beta. Start and play the 32-bit a while. Log out. Shut down game. Wait 5+ mins. Then reboot the game again without rebooting the PC, to see if a longer break inbetween releases the 32-bit hook-up of the drivers/files, so that the 64-bit client can use them instead. At least that is one method worth testing for sure to see the result. Hopefully it works but if nothing else, exclude that as fix if it doesn't work. Unless that Beta comes around when I'm too busy irl to participate of course. I hope not, as I really want to test it.

I can also add that I have been able to start 2 accounts on the same client, on the same PC in the 32-bit live version and get sound on both accounts. I can hear music and stuff overlapping each other when doing that, unless I mute one account.

I have done that sometimes when wanting to sorth through storages on both my main account and an alt account. Put characters beside each other by the bank and hand over stuff. Which sometimes would acctually cause a crash. I don't crash from playing a single account normally, but trading stuff between 2 accounts on the same PC sometimes crash one account, but not the other. It could even cause a crash trading between 2 accounts on 1 PC each (not running both accounts or client on the same pc, but 2 separate pc's), but still on the same network of course. It happens to my son and me alot when trying to trade to each other. Then we log back in the crashed account and usually can trade after that. Just not the first time each time we start trading. Really weird. I never tested that on BR. Forgot about that, as we nowdays usually mail each other instead to avoid crashing.

Anyways. Time for bed as it's getting late. I should log in and at least do daily instance on one character that needs more Long Beard Marks, but I think I'm too tired for that now. Talk to You guys later.

The trading between accounts crash has been around many years for me, it's relatively rare though, first noticed it when cap was 85. As gold got less rare mailing instead wasn't the problem it used to be.

The starting up of two accounts isn't a problem as stuff is just getting read at that time. Btw I have the launcher remain open these days, I have preload on too. However when you close a client, just as the options panel forces a save I'd imagine the same brut force save is taking place on a standard client closing. Sadly a new client can't handle reading the ini without throwing a wobbly and decides to use the default ini. I'm guessing it's this "hack" to fix some options not getting saved that is interfering with the original process that may contribute to not going through the IDent of sound devices.

Same deal with storage and vault resetting when you reopen them. I still expect them to reopen where I was but the "fix" to prevent returning nothing of their contents changed their behaviour and I've not got used to it yet.

Edit: If you do have task manager running with the performance tab showing you will see the big drop as the client exe goes away and a little while later another small drop which for me is the sign to start the next game client.
    Last edited by Ballie; May 23 2019 at 09:13 PM.

(sorry if this isn't the right place - didn't see a separate thread for the Wine client)

Not sure if this is a problem with LOTRO or with Wine itself. When I'm using the 32-bit client in live, I can switch between desktops (on my computer) easily by just swiping, letting me use other applications like discord or a browser or such. When I'm using the new wine client, I'm stuck to that app unless I command-tab away.

When I switch the lotro display to a window that can be minimized, rather than the desktop and other windows being visible behind it, it's just floating in a field of blackness. Can't even access the dock. When I minimize it, the only thing I can do is command-tab; I can't un-minimize it, since I can't reach the dock; escape does nothing; and all buttons (even command-tab, which does have an effect) give an error beep. Once I'm back at my normal desktop, I can use the dock to switch back to the game, which un-minimizes itself.

Again, not sure if this is normal for wine or not. Either way I don't really like it.

Before I begin with performance, one bug report:

LOTRO doesn't support 5.1 surround sound, and while live 32-bit client removed that option and forces stereo (before there were two cloned options of the same device, one was surround and broken and one was stereo), 64-bit client has two options again but both are allowing surround and both are broken, so you have to set your audio system to stereo in sound card control panel. So either bring surround support or copy the solution from 32-bit client, where stereo is the only and default option.

Also War-steed sounds are totally broken on all speeds except the fastest one, but it's been like that for 7 years so I guess you are not fixing that.

Initial report about performance

The results are promising so far. I've found some very significant measurable and repeatable improvements in many places, though not everywhere.

Framerate gain is surprisingly huge in some places. For example, on the settings and setup I was using, performance just after logging-in to Galtrev saw an improvement of 43%, from 63 to 90 FPS, standing still. Logging-in to Snowbourn next to stable master and looking towards the city saw an improvement of 42%, from 90 to 129 FPS, also standing still.

I am intentionally emphasizing on "after log-in" and "standing still" because there are more things to consider. One is that moving introduces the factor of stuttering that must be measured separately with frametime graphs, and second factor is that the game, especially on 32-bit client, is extremely prone to losing performance over time, I guess memory leaks.

To get more understanding of stuttering and general behavior and performance of the game you can read my in-depth analysis of LOTRO's performance. It is going to be updated with new measurements once 64-bit client goes live.

As for losing performance over time, here is an example. You start the game, log into the game, you are in a mentioned place Snowbourn and you have 90 FPS. Then you teleport to Minas Tirith, ride around Pelennor and then teleport back to same place in Snowbourn and you suddenly have 43 FPS. So in this case you are losing half of the performance as soon as few minutes after starting the game. Thats on 32-bit cilent. With 64-bit client the situation is much improved and resulting framerate is 91 down from 129, which is still a decrease of 29%, but not of 52% like with 32-bit version, and the final number on 64-bit client even after stress test in Pelennor is still higher than initial one on fresh just logged-in 32-bit client, so thats a game changing difference.

Similar situation with for example West Bree Gate, log-in FPS 85 vs 70 and final FPS 76 vs 59, so in this case 64-bit client is not only 21% faster initially, but performance loss over time is 11% instead of 16%, so final result is 28% performance increase with 64-bit client.

The story repeats itself thought many places in the game, 64-bit client is faster to the point when the final over time performance even after all the leaks is still a bit higher than 32-bit performance right after log-in. So if you ever had smooth performance after logging-in into the city, then went questing on the landscape and came back to the city with much lower performance, this is why.

There are still places where the difference is not that impressive, for example at South Bree Gate I saw only 15% improvement after log-in, and Pelennor was hovering around 9-10%, so there is still room for improvement.

As for stuttering, there the situation is not as good. Stutters still seem to happen in the same places, and while I think there is a bit less of them and due to the overall increased performance the frametime spikes are going to be lower by few milliseconds, I don't see any immediately noticeable reduction in stuttering frequency and intensity just by observing OSD real time frametime graph during gameplay, so thats disappointing.

For other improvements loading is faster and the period of time needed for framerate to stabilize after logging-in is noticeably smaller. Crazy places like Pelennor can sometimes get stuck in kind of infinite loading, when you get a lot of stuttering even while standing still, and there is less of that on 64-bit client.

I was also unable to cause a crash despite teleporting through almost all in-game regions in a row in a very short period of time.

Thats on the system with i7 6900K, 2080 Ti and 16 GB of RAM, so very powerful, but that hardly matters in a game that uses only one CPU core. And what's tested here is the game client and not the hardware, so having a heavily underutilized system with tons of performance headroom is essential for proper testing. This way you are making sure that the performance of your hardware is not a limiting factor and all the differences that may occur will come exclusively from the upgrade to 64-bit client as the only variable.

So overall the are some big measurable gains, and even though the game is still below any even basic standard for performance due to immense stuttering, the initial testing clearly shows that there are some genuine efforts made to improve performance of the game and they are already very measaurable and fruitful, despite all the hate about this new client from people who aren't even intellectually capable of objectively testing anything, so I just want to clear that out and maybe recommend everyone who is reading this terrible forums to judge this by the numbers and certainly not by some nonsense posted by all the frustrates who never had anything valuable to say.

Beta tests are very short, and I don't really want to do any conclusive testing on a game build that is not final, so I will start with actual scientific benchmarks once the new client is officially released. For now I just came here to post some initial numbers to make it clear that despite popular opinion (or nonsense, thats one and the same) there are some actual improvements being made and 64-bit IS meaningful.
    Last edited by Unthariel; May 30 2019 at 01:35 AM.

Thumbs up

I posted this earlier in the U24 Beta #3 thread. I was a bit stressed for time then and these parts should have been posted in this thread. My bad.

Just a quick report after a quick try.

So far good news with performance, as well as a plug-in now working that previously did not.

______________________________ _________________________

Performance

Logged in and rode from Jarnfast using swift ride Dale, then swift to Tham Taerdol. From there manually by War-Steed to the wooden gates of Eryn Lasgalen bordering to Vales of The Anduin and onwards towards Beorns lodge.

The part that I rode was acctually very smooth. Mind You I was alone, no other players assets/skins (outfits, dyes etc) to load, as I met no one. Had some minor jumps/warps forward but not enough to lose control, but could easily keep on track/stay on the path. No freezes and no rubberbanding back and forth, only some small warps forward. Then again I don't think I have freezes on live in this area either. I need to test other areas as well that are more taxing.

As usual I run on Windows 7 64-bit O/S, not Windows 10.

______________________________ _________________________

Plug-in TitanBar

Seemed to be working fine. Not toyed around with all it's features but seemed to load and work as it should, as compared to beta 2 where it did not. *applaus* to dev team/engineers and a happy face (yes a true applause and happy face, no sarcasm) !!!

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Lightbulb

After that initial quick test we have had time to test performance some more.

I wanted to test in the dreaded Minas Tirith Are as well as in The Wastes. That has alwasy been then worst places for me at least.

I decided to record some videos. I'm very new to OBS and my first time ever publishing any video via YouTube. My son even let me use his account, as I don't have one set up that I want to use. I intentionally deactivated comments since it's his account. The video looks like the game is choppy/stuttering, but that is not how it looks for me on my PC at all. It's probably just me being n00b at OBS and all it's settings with codecs, formats and stuff. Hopefully I will learn more. So ignore that choppy/stuttering look. It's more the freezes, then warping forward and rubberbanding that is the issue in the game.

I'm running the game in 1080, on lowest graphical settings and only on a 1080p monitor, not my usual 1440p. Simply for this test to minimize the taxing on the system and try to get the best possible performance, rather than high graphical quality setting. The game acctually looks really stunningly beautiful on highest graphics and high res data files installed and activated.

First I tested on the 32-bit client on BR, as a comparison to see if there are any improvements when running the 64-bit client after. Sadly there is not. Not in these locations anyway.

YouTube Link: Riding A War-Steed In LoTRO U24 Beta 32-bit Client - Test 01

In this video You can see the freezing, rubberbanding and warping forward at 0:21 to 0:27, then again at 0:49 to 1:03 and finally at 2:15 to 2:23.

Then I started testing in the 64-bit client.

YouTube Link: Riding A War-Steed In LoTRO U24 Beta 64-bit Client - Test 02

In this video You can see the freezing, rubberbanding and warping forward at 0:38 to 0:54, then again at 2:28 to 2:38.

Then testing the same procedure and route again to see if having ridden it once without logging out would remove some of the issues in case assets had been better loaded.

YouTube Link: Riding A War-Steed In LoTRO U24 Beta 64-bit Client - Test 03

In this video You can see the freezing, rubberbanding and warping forward at 1:15 to 1:25, then again at 2:17 to 2:27.

Lightbulb

Finally testing in The Wastes. It's not as bad in The Wastes, as in The Minas Tirith Area, but still happens in some locations and this is one of those places.

YouTube Link: Riding A War-Steed In LoTRO U24 Beta 64-bit Client - Test 04

In this video You can see the freezing, rubberbanding and warping forward at 0:40 to 0:49.

Again I'm sorry for the bad quality as far as the game looking choppy/stuttering. That's on me. The freezing, rubberbanding and warping forward is however real.

I hope these video are of some help/use. I'm not even sure these issues can be fixed, or we will just have to live with them. It doesn't seem the 64-bit client help at all with these specific issues. The performance in other areas is alot better. Occasional rubberbanding and small warps forward, but not like in these locations.

One day I'd like for SSG to expose a grid showing where all the boundaries are, you know where every time you turn a corner in the cisterns you will always stutter and have a mini freeze. You're about to turn a corner and up an MT ramp and for a ew milliseconds have no input control and you plunge to the lower tier. About to leap a stream in Pelennor and again the space bar is ignored and your hobbit is waist deep in water, un-mounted.

Cool

I experienced slowness off and on when I was riding my steed through Dol Amroth. Also, using the stable master to get from point A and point for example, I experience slowness from the loading areas in another region. The game tends to move the screen back and forth while riding on your steed. I experienced all of this from using a game recording program and without the game recording program. I received the same results of slowness and back and forth from riding on my steeds. When I entered an instance, I received the same jiggerty and slowness. I was riding my steed in Lake Town and received a few seconds of a lag spike.

I want to point out that the graphics are an improvement.

Note to IT department: I enabled both Sync to Refresh Rate and Triple Buffering on LOTRO options and it seems to fix my slowness and jiggerty; however, I am experiencing a delay when my character go into a loading area when I travel on my steed in Lake Town for example.
    Last edited by duhwinninglol; May 31 2019 at 03:47 AM.

I had no crashes with the latest build, but whenever I left the game, I had to kill the 64-bit client process in Task Manager to get it to close. In-game performance seemed fine though other than the usual warsteed stuttering.

My machine's specs if they matter:
    Win10 64 Pro build 1809
    i7-7700k
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 960 with driver version 430.86 (previous driver was 410.81 and the same thing happened prior to the driver update)
    game installed on a SSD with over 100GB free
    Spam Egg Sausage And Spam of Gladden (formerly Silverlode)
    Theozor Viazald human captain 112 | Brau Steinmeister dwarf guardian 120 | Bindore dwarf hunter 108

Crunchy Frogs of Brandywine
    Oxandrium dwarf champion 117 | Randagnofus Ridiculous human loremaster 103

Verr Good Job

Dear SSG,
    The 64 bit Client is awesome .
    The Game is smooth and without lags very good Job in this things.

The 64bit client works fine. No crashes, very good. Every now and then there are short frame rate drops, especially in areas with a lot of fog. Otherwise I could not find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Theozor View Post
    I had no crashes with the latest build, but whenever I left the game, I had to kill the 64-bit client process in Task Manager to get it to close. In-game performance seemed fine though other than the usual warsteed stuttering.

My machine's specs if they matter:
    Win10 64 Pro build 1809
    i7-7700k
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 960 with driver version 430.86 (previous driver was 410.81 and the same thing happened prior to the driver update)
    game installed on a SSD with over 100GB free
    What has happened to me is that when I restart the game for whatever the reason, I have to close the launcher and reopen it, losing a few minutes each time. The launchers keeps getting stuck on the "Bring game to the front" screen
    The Champion of Eriador, Man-at-Arms Melvargil Eaglewing, Lord of the Ashen Wastes.

Geek Pub, Evernight

I've managed to record few tests before the Test Server was closed, enough to put together small video.

Very promising results so far, but I hope that this is not final and not the end of efforts.

64 bit client download

Is the 32 and the 64 bit client in the same download, or do i have to download the 64 bit client seperatly?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast